Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,763 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

[urgent] Please Help This Two Verses Are Putting Faith At Risk. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / [urgent] Please Help This Two Verses Are Putting Faith At Risk. (1076 Views)

Help! This Prophesy Won't Let Me Settle Down / Bishop Oyedepo "I Flew To 27 Countries While my wife Was Dying"faith At 60(pic) / ''anybody Putting On 'attachment' Is Putting On Snake In The Realm Of Darkness'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[urgent] Please Help This Two Verses Are Putting Faith At Risk. by elhakiimed(m): 9:16am On Dec 25, 2015
2 Samuel 24:1
and 1 chronicle 21:1
God cannot be God and Satan at the same time ?

I just realise that I quote 1st chronicle 2:21 instead of ****1st chronicle 21:1***** I am sorry

2 Samuel 24:1 King James Version (KJV)
And again the anger of the LORD was
kindled against Israel, and he moved David
against them to say, Go, number Israel and
Judah.

1st chronicle 21:1
King James Bible
And Satan stood up against Israel, and
provoked David to number Israel.

check the bible and give the context with references.
Re: [urgent] Please Help This Two Verses Are Putting Faith At Risk. by whitestar01(m): 9:29am On Dec 25, 2015
U dead sinner, u are so confused, better repent and follow de ways of God & stop being hypocritic.
Re: [urgent] Please Help This Two Verses Are Putting Faith At Risk. by elhakiimed(m): 9:43am On Dec 25, 2015
whitestar01:
U dead sinner, u are so confused, better repent and follow de ways of God & stop being hypocritic.

read your book,you yourself are sufficient for your own accountability o.n the day of recompense.
Re: [urgent] Please Help This Two Verses Are Putting Faith At Risk. by Dottore: 9:45am On Dec 25, 2015
What's your point. What exactly in the verses are you finding hard to comprehend
Re: [urgent] Please Help This Two Verses Are Putting Faith At Risk. by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 25, 2015
Ehhhhhhh
Re: [urgent] Please Help This Two Verses Are Putting Faith At Risk. by vooks: 10:11am On Dec 25, 2015
elhakiimed:
and 1 chronicle 2:21
Am imagining this post was not made by an idiot who can't express themselves. Paste the verses and rephrase your dilemma in an intelligible fashion
Re: [urgent] Please Help This Two Verses Are Putting Faith At Risk. by elhakiimed(m): 10:29am On Dec 25, 2015
vooks:

Am imagining this post was not made by an idiot who can't express themselves. Paste the verses and rephrase your dilemma in an intelligible fashion

don't blame me for your inaccesibility of the bible
you should praise me that I at least make you read it today.
I don't think the solution is in trying to attack me , if I show you some clear contradictions in the bible, you should learn more give the context and try educate.
Re: [urgent] Please Help This Two Verses Are Putting Faith At Risk. by vooks: 10:36am On Dec 25, 2015
elhakiimed:

don't blame me for your inaccesibility of the bible
you should praise me that I at least make you read it today.
I don't think the solution is in trying to attack me , if I show you some clear contradictions in the bible, you should learn more give the context and try educate.
Paste the verses and explain your dilemma, am not mothering you
Re: [urgent] Please Help This Two Verses Are Putting Faith At Risk. by elhakiimed(m): 11:02am On Dec 25, 2015
vooks:
Paste the verses and explain your dilemma, am not mothering you
you can check the post now I have made corrections
Re: [urgent] Please Help This Two Verses Are Putting Faith At Risk. by elhakiimed(m): 11:03am On Dec 25, 2015
Dottore:
What's your point. What exactly in the verses are you finding hard to comprehend
check the post now I have made corrections
Re: [urgent] Please Help This Two Verses Are Putting Faith At Risk. by paulGrundy(m): 11:05am On Dec 25, 2015
elhakiimed:
and 1 chronicle 21:1

I just realise that I quote 1st chronicle 2:21 instead of ****1st chronicle 21:1***** I am sorry

2 Samuel 24:1 King James Version (KJV)
And again the anger of the LORD was
kindled against Israel, and he moved David
against them to say, Go, number Israel and
Judah.

1st chronicle 21:1
King James Bible
And Satan stood up against Israel, and
provoked David to number Israel.

check the bible and give the context with references.

The parallel account of the incident surrounding the census reveals it was Satan who incited David to take the census: “Satan rose up against Israel and incited David to take a census of Israel” (1 Chronicles 21:1). However, the wording of 2 Samuel 24:1 says that it was God who “moved David” to take the census. This discrepancy can be explained by the understanding that sometimes God sovereignly permits Satan to act in order to achieve His purposes. God uses Satan in various ways, among them the refining, disciplining and purification of disobedient believers (Luke 22:31-32; 1 Corinthians 5:1-5; 2 Corinthians 12:7-10). Such is the case with David. God allowed Satan to tempt him, and David sinned, revealing his pride and allowing God to deal with him for it.

As to why God was angry at David, in those times, a man only had the right to count or number what belonged to him. Israel did not belong to David; Israel belonged to God. In Exodus 30:12 God told Moses, “When you take a census of the Israelites to count them, each one must pay the LORD a ransom for his life at the time he is counted. Then no plague will come on them when you number them.” It was up to God to command a census, and if David counted he should only do it at God's command, receiving a ransom to "atone" for the counting. This is why God was angry again with Israel and is also why David was “conscience-stricken” after he counted Israel. David knew it was wrong and begged God to take away the guilt of his sin (2 Samuel 24:10).

God gave David a choice of three punishments for his sin—three years of famine, three months of fleeing before his enemies, or three days of plague. David chose the third, and the Lord then punished Israel with a plague which killed 70,000 men from Dan in the north to Beersheba in the south. As for why God punished the whole nation for the sin of the king, that is exactly the question David asked in v. 17. Why, when he was the one who had sinned, did the people have to suffer? He even requested that God’s hand be against him and his family only, and that God would spare the people. But as with the account of Job, God chose not to give a reason for His actions. Perhaps it was because of Israel’s multiplied sins and rebellion against God throughout the centuries. Perhaps it was a lesson to the people (and to us as well) that the people suffer when their leaders go astray. The reality is that God didn’t justify His actions with a reason, nor does He have to.

The psalmist tells us, “As for God, His way is perfect” (Psalm 18:30). If God’s ways are “perfect,” then we can trust that whatever He does—and whatever He allows—is also perfect. This may not seem possible to us, but our minds are not God’s mind. It is true that we can’t expect to understand His mind perfectly, as He reminds us “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, says the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts” (Isaiah 55:8-9). Nevertheless, our responsibility to God is to obey Him, to trust Him and to submit to His will, whether we understand it or not.

As we see in 2 Samuel 24:16 God was grieved because of the things that were happening to His people and called off the punishment. Even through His rebuke God still shows His love and mercy.
Re: [urgent] Please Help This Two Verses Are Putting Faith At Risk. by vooks: 11:06am On Dec 25, 2015
elhakiimed:

you can check the post now I have made corrections
That's how you ask questions not sending us on a wild goose chase.

Satan is an instrument God used to accomplish His purpose. What's your point?
Re: [urgent] Please Help This Two Verses Are Putting Faith At Risk. by elhakiimed(m): 11:21am On Dec 25, 2015
@paulgrundy I agree with most part of your post except that God can't be grieved for what he does, he has the knowledge of his doings and grieve is not a befitting attribute of him.
Re: [urgent] Please Help This Two Verses Are Putting Faith At Risk. by elhakiimed(m): 11:24am On Dec 25, 2015
paulGrundy:

The parallel account of the incident surrounding the census reveals it was Satan who incited David to take the census: “Satan rose up against Israel and incited David to take a census of Israel” (1 Chronicles 21:1). However, the wording of 2 Samuel 24:1 says that it was God who “moved David” to take the census. This discrepancy can be explained by the understanding that sometimes God sovereignly permits Satan to act in order to achieve His purposes. God uses Satan in various ways, among them the refining, disciplining and purification of disobedient believers (Luke 22:31-32; 1 Corinthians 5:1-5; 2 Corinthians 12:7-10). Such is the case with David. God allowed Satan to tempt him, and David sinned, revealing his pride and allowing God to deal with him for it.

As to why God was angry at David, in those times, a man only had the right to count or number what belonged to him. Israel did not belong to David; Israel belonged to God. In Exodus 30:12 God told Moses, “When you take a census of the Israelites to count them, each one must pay the LORD a ransom for his life at the time he is counted. Then no plague will come on them when you number them.” It was up to God to command a census, and if David counted he should only do it at God's command, receiving a ransom to "atone" for the counting. This is why God was angry again with Israel and is also why David was “conscience-stricken” after he counted Israel. David knew it was wrong and begged God to take away the guilt of his sin (2 Samuel 24:10).

God gave David a choice of three punishments for his sin—three years of famine, three months of fleeing before his enemies, or three days of plague. David chose the third, and the Lord then punished Israel with a plague which killed 70,000 men from Dan in the north to Beersheba in the south. As for why God punished the whole nation for the sin of the king, that is exactly the question David asked in v. 17. Why, when he was the one who had sinned, did the people have to suffer? He even requested that God’s hand be against him and his family only, and that God would spare the people. But as with the account of Job, God chose not to give a reason for His actions. Perhaps it was because of Israel’s multiplied sins and rebellion against God throughout the centuries. Perhaps it was a lesson to the people (and to us as well) that the people suffer when their leaders go astray. The reality is that God didn’t justify His actions with a reason, nor does He have to.

The psalmist tells us, “As for God, His way is perfect” (Psalm 18:30). If God’s ways are “perfect,” then we can trust that whatever He does—and whatever He allows—is also perfect. This may not seem possible to us, but our minds are not God’s mind. It is true that we can’t expect to understand His mind perfectly, as He reminds us “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, says the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts” (Isaiah 55:8-9). Nevertheless, our responsibility to God is to obey Him, to trust Him and to submit to His will, whether we understand it or not.

As we see in 2 Samuel 24:16 God was grieved because of the things that were happening to His people and called off the punishment. Even through His rebuke God still shows His love and mercy.

I agree with most part of your
post except that God can't be grieved for what
he does, he has the knowledge of his doings before he do them and
grieve is not a befitting attribute of him.
Re: [urgent] Please Help This Two Verses Are Putting Faith At Risk. by elhakiimed(m): 11:25am On Dec 25, 2015
vooks:

That's how you ask questions not sending us on a wild goose chase.

Satan is an instrument God used to accomplish His purpose. What's your point?

Satan can be used by God to test his believers,just as God permitted Satan to afflict job.
Re: [urgent] Please Help This Two Verses Are Putting Faith At Risk. by paulGrundy(m): 11:29am On Dec 25, 2015
elhakiimed:
@paulgrundy I agree with most part of your post except that God can't be grieved for what he does, he has the knowledge of his doings and grieve is not a befitting attribute of him.

Stop making assumptions, study your bible well.

Genesis 6:6King James Version (KJV)

6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

The bible even demonstrated that the holy spirit can be grieved,

Ephesians 4:30King James Version (KJV)

30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
Re: [urgent] Please Help This Two Verses Are Putting Faith At Risk. by elhakiimed(m): 11:36am On Dec 25, 2015
paulGrundy:

Stop making assumptions, study your bible well.

Genesis 6:6King James Version (KJV)

6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

“As for God, His way is
perfect” (Psalm 18:30). perfect

Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 255:
GOD - there is no deity save Him, the Ever-Living, the Self-Subsistent Fount of All Being. Neither slumber overtakes Him, nor sleep. His is all that is in the heavens and all that is on earth. Who is there that could intercede with Him, unless it be by His leave? He knows all that lies open before men and all that is hidden from them, whereas they cannot attain to aught of His knowledge save that which He wills [them to attain]. His eternal power overspreads the heavens and the earth, and their upholding wearies Him not. And he alone is truly exalted, tremendous.
(English )
Re: [urgent] Please Help This Two Verses Are Putting Faith At Risk. by paulGrundy(m): 11:40am On Dec 25, 2015
elhakiimed:

“As for God, His way is
perfect” (Psalm 18:30). perfect

You haven't shown me why anger cannot be an attribute of a perfect being.

Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 255:
GOD - there is no deity save Him, the Ever-Living, the Self-Subsistent Fount of All Being. Neither slumber overtakes Him, nor sleep. His is all that is in the heavens and all that is on earth. Who is there that could intercede with Him, unless it be by His leave? He knows all that lies open before men and all that is hidden from them, whereas they cannot attain to aught of His knowledge save that which He wills [them to attain]. His eternal power overspreads the heavens and the earth, and their upholding wearies Him not. And he alone is truly exalted, tremendous.
(English )

I now know where the problem is coming from, am replying a muslim who believes that the bible is filled with errors.
Re: [urgent] Please Help This Two Verses Are Putting Faith At Risk. by elhakiimed(m): 11:49am On Dec 25, 2015
paulGrundy:

You haven't shown me why anger cannot be an attribute of a perfect being.

I now know where the problem is coming from, am replying a muslim who believes that the bible is filled with errors.

No, you are replying a Muslim who is a student of comparative religion, and know when a plastic plate is sold as gold, I believe that the bible was perfect book of God until it was corrupted,and the message of Christ wiped .
Christ (peace be upon him) preached God his one

New International Version
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the
LORD is one.

Acts 2:22 New International Version (NIV)
“Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of
Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you
by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did
among you through him, as you yourselves
know.
Re: [urgent] Please Help This Two Verses Are Putting Faith At Risk. by CoolUsername: 12:07pm On Dec 25, 2015
For some reason census is a sin.
David counts people.
God kills the people for David's sin.
What?
Re: [urgent] Please Help This Two Verses Are Putting Faith At Risk. by vooks: 12:37pm On Dec 25, 2015
elhakiimed:

Satan can be used by God to test his believers,just as God permitted Satan to afflict job.
How does this threaten your faith?
Re: [urgent] Please Help This Two Verses Are Putting Faith At Risk. by vooks: 12:38pm On Dec 25, 2015
CoolUsername:
For some reason census is a sin.

David counts people.

God kills the people for David's sin.

What?
We badly need logic and comprehension lessons back in school
Re: [urgent] Please Help This Two Verses Are Putting Faith At Risk. by paulGrundy(m): 12:57pm On Dec 25, 2015
elhakiimed:

No, you are replying a Muslim who is a student of comparative religion, and know when a plastic plate is sold as gold, I believe that the bible was perfect book of God until it was corrupted,and the message of Christ wiped .

LORD is one.

know.

Please change the topic of this thread to something else, its misleading.
Re: [urgent] Please Help This Two Verses Are Putting Faith At Risk. by vooks: 1:17pm On Dec 25, 2015
elhakiimed:

No, you are replying a Muslim who is a student of comparative religion, and know when a plastic plate is sold as gold, I believe that the bible was perfect book of God until it was corrupted, and the message of Christ wiped .

LORD is one.

know.

Who told you it was corrupted, the pedophile who married a 6 year old and thighed her till her organs were big enough to accommodate his shriveled joystick?
Re: [urgent] Please Help This Two Verses Are Putting Faith At Risk. by CoolUsername: 2:03pm On Dec 25, 2015
vooks:

We badly need logic and comprehension lessons back in school
So they can analyze their holy books.

I totally agree with you.

(1) (Reply)

Wow!!! What Is Ifa? (must See) / Rccg Sunday School Manual( Sunday, 26th March 2017) / Is Pastor CHRIS Reconciled With His Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.