Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Five Android Battery Life Savers - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Five Android Battery Life Savers (1269 Views)

Android Battery Killers: 5 Worst Apps That Use Up Smartphone Battery / How Long Does Your Android Battery Last When Charged Full / My G-five Android Phone Has Screen Problem. I Need An Engineer To Change It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Android Battery Life Savers by kateskitty(f): 10:27am On Dec 25, 2015
We’ve all been there, it’s that moment where you find yourself wishing that your Android smartphone’s battery would last a little bit longer. While Android smartphone’s keep getting more and more efficient, and their batteries keep getting bigger, chances are it still seems never enough. Android smartphone’s are wonderful devices capable of doing so much but always seems to lack enough juice to make it through a full day of normal use. As with everything these days there’s an app for that, well several in fact but I’ll just give you my best five.

Now if you own a high end smartphone like the HTC One M9 or Samsung Galaxy S6, they do however come with their own built in battery saving app and installing a third party battery saver can conflict with your phones native power controls, and bad things start happening.

Juice Defender

This app has three variants starting with the Free which is what I’ll be reviewing here, then there’s the Plus which goes for 432.01 NGN and the Ultra for 1,083.28 NGN. It’s best to start with the free version as it does what you need. With over seven million downloads, Juice Defender is one powerful yet easy to use power management app for Android devices. Equipped with a smart function, it’ll automatically manage your battery draining components and with just one tap, the five pre-set modes from balanced to advanced is the perfect way to gain precious hours of battery life back.

DU Battery Saver

With nearly five million five-star reviews on Google Play, it’s clear a lot of people use and think this app is great at what it does. There are some cool features you don’t see too often in other power management apps like the Phone Cooler, which systematically monitors and manages by disabling CPU-intensive apps so as to keep phone temperature down to a safe level. A One-Click Optimization helps to find and fix battery power consumption problems, and the usual Smart Pre-set Modes that can be selected to suit your energy usage.

Battery Doctor

This app is one of the few power management apps that are both available to Android and iOS users. With a feature that can accurately estimate remaining battery time, it’s not hard to see why it is one of the more popular battery saving apps for Android and iOS. It got a Professional Charging function that regulates the manner in which your device is charged with its unique three Stage Charging system to ensure you get the most out of your battery and a handy reminder to not over charge your device. You also get some widgets to play with for quick access to the “Task Killer” and other quick toggle settings.

Click here to read full review >>> http://www.threeg33ks.com/software/five-android-battery-life-savers/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Android Battery Life Savers by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 25, 2015
Actually all these battery saving apps and ram optimizers are not necessarily on modern Android phones. Android is based on Linux, and it means unused ram is wasted ram. Whsts the need of using an app to kill a process, only for the process to start itself again and still run in the background. When people use app killers to kill a particular app, trust me within seconds that app wil start itself again. Now the process of killing and restarting apps use up battery, so St the end of the day u are not saving any battery.

On pre 2012 phones they might be useful. But if ur phone has android 4.0 upwards and at least 1gb of ram, then battery doctors, app killers or every other battery and ram saving apps are not necessary. Most of the Android phones we have now have built in battery saving modes, some even have advanced battery saving modes built in. So what's the use of downloading an additional battery saver that might not be optimized for the phone and end up putting a load on ur battery. If u Google any tech sites like Android authority or pocketnow, u will see this issue has been discussed and dusted.

Re: Five Android Battery Life Savers by kateskitty(f): 10:58am On Dec 25, 2015
greenhulk:
Actually all these battery saving apps and ram optimizers are not necessarily on modern Android phones. Android is based on Linux, and it means unused ram is wasted ram. Whsts the need of using an app to kill a process, only for the process to start itself again and still run in the background. When people use app killers to kill a particular app, trust me within seconds that app wil start itself again. Now the process of killing and restarting apps use up battery, so St the end of the day u are not saving any battery.

On pre 2012 phones they might be useful. But if ur phone has lollipop and at least 2gb of ram, then battery doctors, so killers or every other battery and ram saving apps are not necessary. Most of the Android phones we have now have built in battery saving modes, some even have advanced battery saving modes built in. So what's the use of downloading an additional battery saver that might not be optimized for the phone and end up putting a load on ur battery. If u Google any tech sites like Android authority or pocketnow, u will see this issue has been discussed and dusted.

I'm gonna guess you didn't read the full review because all you just said was there in the final words, but thanks for mentioning it AGAIN
Re: Five Android Battery Life Savers by parrotibaba(m): 11:00am On Dec 25, 2015
Those so called battery savers ends up eating your battery life since they also need it to run. I found out that my phone lasted well without them battery saver apps than with them.

Just like you and the guy above me said, recent android phones with the latest OS have inbuilt battery management modes.
Re: Five Android Battery Life Savers by kolexepana: 1:09pm On Dec 25, 2015
Battery apps are useless
Had to uninstall the one i had before my phone stop hanging
Re: Five Android Battery Life Savers by Baroba(m): 2:25pm On Dec 25, 2015
Power nap (beta) Xposed module and greenify combo, with Franco kernel.. I get excellent battery stats with this combo.
Re: Five Android Battery Life Savers by Worksunlimited: 11:47am On Dec 26, 2015
To be frank.. This power saving app don't do much.. The most annoying been du battery saver.. Used all the power savers op mentioned and guess what..

I dumped their sorry asses..

The lollipop os has been fully Integrated to manage and optimise battery power dispensing without having any adverse effect on the phones performance..

All one needs is to upgrade.. Anything below android 5.0 os would find the power saving apps kinda useful
Re: Five Android Battery Life Savers by xample(m): 12:02pm On Dec 26, 2015
u guy have not tried 360 security. I have been using it for over 8months now, and I bet u, it beats du battery saver, and the others hands down.
Re: Five Android Battery Life Savers by AwesomeRomeo: 2:28pm On Dec 26, 2015
All these battery savers does nothing other than eating up the phone's RAM. They do nothing. Greenify is the best, just hibernate any app and it won't run until you run it by yourself.
Re: Five Android Battery Life Savers by Baroba(m): 3:05pm On Dec 26, 2015
Worksunlimited:
To be frank.. This power saving app don't do much.. The most annoying been du battery saver.. Used all the power savers op mentioned and guess what..

I dumped their sorry asses..

The lollipop os has been fully Integrated to manage and optimise battery power dispensing without having any adverse effect on the phones performance..

All one needs is to upgrade.. Anything below android 5.0 os would find the power saving apps kinda useful

Sure marshmallows came with lots of improvement in battery and ram management, but nothing compared to Sony stamina mode. That's exactly what was mimicked on powernapp module on Xposed, its even better than Doze function..

(1) (Reply)

Specifications Of Oukitel K6000 Pro 4G Android Phablets / Infinix X600 Inverted Camera / The Best Smartphones With Removable Batteries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.