Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. (92345 Views)

Is this a New scam method : Iphone X By Opera Mini / Meet The Man Who Invented The Internet For Free, Now He Is Broke / Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 25, 2015
Lalasticlala I think this news should hit frontpage to aware unsuspecting nairalanders like myself ten minutes ago.

I'm a casual facebook user. Many times I can go for weeks without checking my account. Most of my friends know this and have no problem.
Today I was in church when I received five random messages from facebook saying the pin to access my account're xxxx, xxxx and xxxx. Not understanding what the message was since it didn't refer to my account directly I paid the message no mind.
After church service an unknown contact started calling my phone, giving me ten missed calls at a go. Wondering who this was and if was an urgent call from a potential employer I quickly picked up the phone. On the other line was a young man of say mid-twenties in age telling me he mistakenly typed in my phone number when facebook requested for his pin. I told him I received the messages and would send them via sms. He flashed my phone a few moments later as a reminder and I sent the most recent pin to him.

Fast forward about thirty minutes later, I received whatsapp messages from five of my friends telling me I've asked them via facebook for an urgent amount of N50,000.00 to get deposited in a strange account without any of my details attached. It was then it finally clicked that I willingly gave these fraudsters, these rogues, these animals in human skin the pin to access my facebook account for a free-for-all scam on all my facebook contacts. Immediately I changed my facebook password and announced on my timeline my account was recently compromised.

I don't know how to end this but I'd say; the same way people wake up and plan their way on how to remain productive to society is the very same way some people wake up with the incentive of defrauding others out of their hard earned pay. I don't know how these people sleep at night or live with themselves but may we have no reason to cross paths with them.

Merry Christmas everybody. Enjoy the holidays.

238 Likes 41 Shares

Re: A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. by yomi007k(m): 1:06pm On Dec 25, 2015
Op tnx for d info.

Pls save d callers number. Since it's registered, u may need it in d future.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 25, 2015
This is a front page topic.

Lalasticlala...... Please, do the needful for others to be conscious

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. by Godfullsam(m): 1:07pm On Dec 25, 2015
End time scams .

Thank God you didn't fall victim.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 25, 2015
yomi007k:
Op tnx for d info.

Thank you. I will.
Re: A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. by ErnyyBobo: 1:08pm On Dec 25, 2015
End of the year scammers..
Re: A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 25, 2015
Godfullsam:
End time scams .

Thank God you didn't fall victim.
If not for my friends I may have become a victim by proxy.

4 Likes

Re: A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. by Dottore: 1:14pm On Dec 25, 2015
You must be dumb to fall for such a cheap prank

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 25, 2015
Dottore:
The scam is so cheap it works.
If you check the message facebook sends for your new account pin, it makes no mention of what account name you are about to change details for. Not knowing what account the pin was linked to made me believe the person on the other end of the line.
I'm very sure many have fallen for this trick and even after reading this many would still fall.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. by Eleniyan15: 1:35pm On Dec 25, 2015
Dottore:

you are a fool

even @ tyms when I want to open a new account gmail and co
I mistakenly typed someone else number unfortunately the code was sent to the phone

I called the line the code was sent to and she sent the code too me

it can happen to you yourself

so cut me some slack

#WhereMyRice%Stew%chiCken

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. by logicman: 1:51pm On Dec 25, 2015
Make I invest

1 Like

Re: A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. by Obichi98(m): 3:12pm On Dec 25, 2015
yomi007k:
Op tnx for d info.

Pls kindly state how to go about this registered no:
A pastor of redeemed church scam me recently,as post,he stil using the no:
The big question how to track them and even wit there account no:?
Re: A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 25, 2015
Obichi98:

Lolz. End time pastor of the year cheesy.
The only way I know to check who owns a phone number is to pass it though trucaller's database. Some people store their complete government names using their phone numbers as their identifier. If you can hopefully find his name and recognize him then check his facebook profile. Its all a matter of harrassing him using some paid-off mopols and your money'd come back plus interest if needed.

However if you know the pastor in question and are sure its him then skip to my recommendation of harrassing him using policemen. Somebody must put a stop to these men of goat wrecking innocent people's lives - they're no different from the yahoo boys mentioned in my original post.

1 Like

Re: A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. by yomi007k(m): 3:52pm On Dec 25, 2015
Obichi98:

The major thing is do u have evidence of the crime? Like Text message or bank payment slip?

If u do, then go to the police.
Since the line is registered, he can be apprehended.

1 Like

Re: A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. by Officialkenshin(m): 3:59pm On Dec 25, 2015
[sub][/sub]
Re: A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. by endtimesblog: 4:00pm On Dec 25, 2015
shocked shocked shocked
Re: A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. by 20bc(m): 4:00pm On Dec 25, 2015
Yes oh, we Lagos boys, I must to hammer this year, this year, oh this year cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. by mytime24(f): 4:00pm On Dec 25, 2015
Kk

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. by Joeyy(m): 4:00pm On Dec 25, 2015
Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Re: A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. by Psalm18: 4:01pm On Dec 25, 2015
On the other line was a young man of say mid-twenties in age telling me he mistakenly typed in my phone number when facebook requested for his pin. I told him I received the messages and would send them via sms. He flashed my phone a few moments later as a reminder and I sent the most recent pin to him.

Don't understand the above?

3 Likes

Re: A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 25, 2015
Shame
Re: A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. by praxisnetworks: 4:02pm On Dec 25, 2015
Dottore:
Best scam tricks are usually very simple

1 Like

Re: A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. by babygoat: 4:02pm On Dec 25, 2015
when u try to scam a white lady, and it turns out to be yahoo boy in your class

1 Like

Re: A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. by infogenius(m): 4:03pm On Dec 25, 2015
Op Thanks for the info.

Do you know some days ago
I got a pin code from Facebook?

I just ignored it but when that call
came I knew something was wrong.

I simple told the caller to try again
using his own number.
No long story

I didn't even give their idea a thought

He never called again.

So this was the idea?
Okay.
Thanks Op. Merry Christmas

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. by opalu: 4:03pm On Dec 25, 2015
Everyone whose efforts are directed at devouring the efforts and fruits of another either by fraud or by force, God will make them to meet evil perils at unexpected hours.

That was why some Yahoo Boyz duped an Indian and the three of them died in a ghastly accident with a new jeep they bought with the fraudulent money. Their jeep ran into a concrete pole and the engine shifted from its position into the seats and squeezed life out of them.

Evil doing is always attracts evil result.

14 Likes

Re: A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. by baysmith(m): 4:05pm On Dec 25, 2015
May God continue to expose dose bastards...
Re: A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. by Seuncoded(f): 4:05pm On Dec 25, 2015
Re: A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 25, 2015
hey op.... a friend of my did it to me long time ago, lets say like 2 years or so.... i didnt know what it meant until now that u av mention it... buh known of my friends complained about anybody requesting them to send a certain sum....pls can u enlighten me more...

1 Like

Re: A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. by Amberon: 4:06pm On Dec 25, 2015
These yahoo guys are heartless. I know so many of them. One particular one was too rich, he bought two range rovers on the same day.

He used to create clone websites of banks eg, let's say Gtb bank website is Gtbank.ng. if you mistakenly type Gtbank.nng you'd be redirected to his fake website which is an exact clone of the real website. If you then type in your bank details into that website, sorry will be your name.

7 Likes

Re: A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. by Realdeals(m): 4:06pm On Dec 25, 2015
Gbege, Those guys probably use your phone number to create the account. This is what I suggest you can do

Use the phone number as the user ID and request for a password reset. Facebook will authenticate by sending you a Pin.
charix:
Lalasticlala I think this news should hit frontpage to aware unsuspecting nairalanders like myself ten minutes ago.
I'm a casual facebook user. Many times I can go for weeks without checking my account. Most of my friends know this and have no problem.
Today I was in church when I received five random messages from facebook saying the pin to access my account're xxxx, xxxx and xxxx. Not understanding what the message was since it didn't refer to my account directly I paid the message no mind.
After church service an unknown contact started calling my phone, giving me ten missed calls at a go. Wondering who this was and if was an urgent call from a potential employer I quickly picked up the phone. On the other line was a young man of say mid-twenties in age telling me he mistakenly typed in my phone number when facebook requested for his pin. I told him I received the messages and would send them via sms. He flashed my phone a few moments later as a reminder and I sent the most recent pin to him.
Fast forward about thirty minutes later, I received whatsapp messages from five of my friends telling me I've asked them via facebook for an urgent amount of N50,000.00 to get deposited in a strange account without any of my details attached. It was then it finally clicked that I willingly gave these fraudsters, these rogues, these animals in human skin the pin to access my facebook account for a free-for-all scam on all my facebook contacts. Immediately I changed my facebook password and announced on my timeline my account was recently compromised.
I don't know how to end this but I'd say; the same way people wake up and plan their way on how to remain productive to society is the very same way some people wake up with the incentive of defrauding others out of their hard earned pay. I don't know how these people sleep at night or live with themselves but may we have no reason to cross paths with them.
Merry Christmas everybody. Enjoy the holidays.

1 Like

Re: A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. by claremont(m): 4:07pm On Dec 25, 2015
Change the privacy settings on your Facebook page to hide your friends list. No one will see your friends to send messages to them.

3 Likes

Re: A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 25, 2015
Scammers everywhere , that was how an idiot sent a message to me via Whatsapp saying he's a police and I asked the idiot of his station and few minute later, he rang my other line with another number and I had to call him back and he was just saying trash, everyone got to be careful because these losers are everywhere trying to defraud people but they've just got the wrong person though. Stay wise if by anyway streetwise cheesy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today / Pls,anybody Help Wit MSDICT ACTIVATION KEY / How To Stop Annoying Text Messages From MTN,GLO,AIRTEL,ETISALAT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.