Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know (4673 Views)

26 Psychology Facts You Never Knew About People. / 26 Mind-blowing Psychology Facts That You Never Knew About People / 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by Favolly(f): 11:03pm On Dec 26, 2015
lapazi:

12. When you remember a past event, you’re actually remembering the last time you remembered it.
Alright, that one blew the hell out of my mind. This is why our memories fade and distort over time.

(source)

higherperspectives.com

Cc: lalasticlala
I'm still struggling to understand just how true this is....
Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by Jangebii(m): 11:41pm On Dec 26, 2015
@doubleWisdom: if this psychological analysis has no impact on your thoughts, then you're still in the ere of backwardness. Your brain can't resort to reason, all its capability is to think worst on insults.
Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by alexis007(m): 1:19am On Dec 27, 2015
14 is so undisputable..... I game a lot (ps2 soccer)..... and I gamble while doing so..... I realized that each time I boasted of how I'm going to beat a guy just because he isn't my class, the opposite tends to happen- I often get crushed in the end. If I ever win it is with hard labour.

I think this is what happens- each time I begin to sound overconfident, I unintentionally help strengthen the resolve of the cosmic resistance against me. I feel a psychic wall reinforced against me each time I boast, daring me to break through it. Oftentimes I fail to breach it.

Don't ask me if I've learnt my lessons. #smiles.
Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by alexis007(m): 1:22am On Dec 27, 2015
11 is another true one.....the philosophers call it the 'Socratic Irony'.
Who in this world does not know that empty drums make the loudest noise
Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by mekonglobal(m): 4:09am On Dec 27, 2015
joe4christ:
No'14 is undeniably true, and I still can't figure out why
Yeah just yesterday i was telling a friend about this, and i hv learnt my lesson though.
Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by joe4christ(m): 6:26pm On Dec 27, 2015
MzEspoir:
that's what I'm saying. From my POV, when you keep announcing it, your subconscious either gets bored and loses interest, or stupidly thinks you already carried out the act, since it keeps mulling over it constantly. I know it makes no sensecheesy

I sure know the possibility of the subconscious mind influencing one's effort necessitated toward achieving one's pre determined objectives.
But in this case, I'm all about objectives that requires no effort from your part, and had no tendencies of ever failing, but tend to fail upon you sharing such an objective with someone.
I wouldn't have come to this conclusion so quick, but it has happened to me on several occasions.

Some things are just mysteries that one tend incapable of deciphering.
Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by captainobvious: 11:53pm On Dec 28, 2015
This is sooo true...people shhould really take note of no. 8 and 14 goinng into the new year. This should be in the front page for all to see, lalasticlala where are you?

1 Like

Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by Donmichaelz(m): 11:32pm On Jan 02, 2016
Its really true I admire ur courage and sense of humanism.
Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by captainobvious: 11:34pm On Jan 02, 2016
Donmichaelz:
e

what are you saying

1 Like

Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by lapazi(m): 1:29pm On Mar 14, 2016
Donmichaelz:

Lobatan

(1) (2) (Reply)

/ Who Would Win In A War Between Russia And The US? / Ukrainian Refugees Concerned That There Are Too Many Biack People In The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.