Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Help!!! I Can No Longer Use Master Card To Renew Foreign Hosted Domain - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help!!! I Can No Longer Use Master Card To Renew Foreign Hosted Domain (1328 Views)

Blog For Sale With Hosted Domain / Help!!! I Can No Longer Use Master Card To Renew Foreign Hosted Domain / My GTB Master Card Can't Pay Nor Buy Stuffs Online. Alternative? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! I Can No Longer Use Master Card To Renew Foreign Hosted Domain by ifywise(f): 6:39am On Dec 26, 2015
I hosted my site on godaddy and right now the site is not accepting any Nigerian bank ATM MasterCard to renew or purchase new domains.

I thought the restrictions will start first of January next year. Why now?

Gurus in the house advice me wat will I do now?
Re: Help!!! I Can No Longer Use Master Card To Renew Foreign Hosted Domain by brunofarad(m): 6:44am On Dec 26, 2015
We are in for a long thing with This recent careless policy lipsrsealed
Am yet to reason out the ay foward in my own predicament owing to this policy.
How can someone embark on international trade via the net ?
Nigeria....long thing on the way

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! I Can No Longer Use Master Card To Renew Foreign Hosted Domain by shamack: 6:50am On Dec 26, 2015
Oooh try and contact ur bank
Re: Help!!! I Can No Longer Use Master Card To Renew Foreign Hosted Domain by donwise1(m): 11:50am On Dec 26, 2015
This is a serious issue especially for bloggers in Nigeria.
It is not about contacting banks.
Re: Help!!! I Can No Longer Use Master Card To Renew Foreign Hosted Domain by EntclassBlog(m): 2:44pm On Dec 26, 2015
ifywise:
I hosted my site on godaddy and right now the site is not accepting any Nigerian bank ATM MasterCard to renew or purchase new domains.

Thats the reason i quickly transfered my domain otta godaddy to a naija domain hoster. Thank God am free. All you gat to do is to transfer ur domain to a naija domain hoster, its very simple but the propogation and www redirection will take upto 48hrs. Theres no fee to pay godaddy when transferring, u only av to pay ur new registra. Thats all... For help and guide on transferring ur domain, contact me 08183285846

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Can No Longer Use Master Card To Renew Foreign Hosted Domain by Nobody: 4:31am On Dec 27, 2015
ifywise:

My best advice for you brother is to transfer your domain name and website to a Reliable Nigerian Web Hosting Company to avert this payment restrictions.

Kindly Check My Signature Below For a Website Of a Very Reliable Nigerian Web Hosting Company.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Can No Longer Use Master Card To Renew Foreign Hosted Domain by orfilla4(m): 4:56am On Dec 27, 2015
donwise1:
This is a serious issue especially for bloggers in Nigeria.
It is not about contacting banks.
Your government must have a big reason for doing this. They won't make decisions without thinking about it first.
Re: Help!!! I Can No Longer Use Master Card To Renew Foreign Hosted Domain by ib22003(m): 3:39pm On Dec 27, 2015
You better move to one 1tbhosting.com thats what i use they have a local resseller.
ifywise:

Re: Help!!! I Can No Longer Use Master Card To Renew Foreign Hosted Domain by eliteweb(m): 9:43pm On Dec 27, 2015
You can pay for any international transaction using foreign CC.

If you need VCC that can be funded with PM let me know, will be glad to assist.

0 8 0 3 2 1 1 2 4 7 6
Re: Help!!! I Can No Longer Use Master Card To Renew Foreign Hosted Domain by DualCore1: 11:41pm On Dec 27, 2015
For those advising a transfer to a Nigerian host, do not rush into this option. The reason: Every Nigerian host has to settle server lease fees and monthly licenses with foreign datacenters so they are in the same sunk ship as you. Only initiate a transfer to any host that survives the first 3-4 months of this problem because only those with foreign reserves or a sure means of getting foreign funds (Dorm account) would last that long.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Can No Longer Use Master Card To Renew Foreign Hosted Domain by Dpackage: 4:41am On Dec 28, 2015
If you need help paying for your hosting overseas, you can contact a brother...I will pay on your behalf using paypal or card if you want...

In the case that your hosting is $5, you will pay $10...if your hosting is 1 dollar, you pay $2...if you still love to stay with your hosting...
cheers
Re: Help!!! I Can No Longer Use Master Card To Renew Foreign Hosted Domain by fleps(m): 11:36pm On Dec 28, 2015
ifywise:

Dear, first of all DO NOT LISTEN to any of the domain transfer opportunists.

Second you can still pay for hosting with PayPal. If you have one, you are in luck, if not, maybe open one before this year runs out. Connect a bank account to it by verifying with your card details. That way, you can pay to any host.

Third, you can get a Neteller account should in case your PayPal account cannot connect to your card and use Neteller to connect and pay.

OR... that is if you do not mind. I can do the payment for you. You give me a pass into your host provider account and I make the payment using my payment (PayPal) details (after you must have deposited the equvailent plus the extra gateway charges). Then you change your account password of your host provider account and we are done

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Can No Longer Use Master Card To Renew Foreign Hosted Domain by chibuzor05(m): 12:21am On Dec 31, 2015
ifywise:

Try a different Master card if you have one. I purchased a domain on godaddy on 21st using my first bank card after that of my GTbank failed me.

The next day a friend of mine purchased with her GTbank card. So just keep trying.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Can No Longer Use Master Card To Renew Foreign Hosted Domain by fxxchanger: 9:54pm On Jan 22, 2016
cheap vcc for ALL online transactions http://vccghana.net

Re: Help!!! I Can No Longer Use Master Card To Renew Foreign Hosted Domain by semasir: 10:17pm On Jan 22, 2016
I'll rather advice you go for a Visa card because this has been stale for some time now.

I have been doing so to make my international card payments all along when I discovered this
Re: Help!!! I Can No Longer Use Master Card To Renew Foreign Hosted Domain by directonpc(m): 7:46am On Jan 23, 2016
This thread rises unnecessary tension. You can use your naira Mastercard to shop on online and pay hosting providers.

(1) (Reply)

Submit Your Blog For Authentic Review + Free Blogger Design Tutorials / Buy Anonymous Cpanel For Spam Page Hosting / Get The Following For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.