Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,951 members, 7,810,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Crowds Flock To Catholic Church After Image Of Virgin Mary Appears On Window -ph - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Crowds Flock To Catholic Church After Image Of Virgin Mary Appears On Window -ph (3919 Views)

A Lady Finally Appears On Hushpuppi's Instagram Page (Photos) / Kim Kardashian Turns "Virgin Mary", Fans Blast Her / MI Appears On Stage In Monkey Costume At Event (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crowds Flock To Catholic Church After Image Of Virgin Mary Appears On Window -ph by Airforce1(m): 10:26am On Dec 26, 2015
Crowds of worshippers are surging to the Transfiguration Catholic Church in Marietta, Georgia, and it's not as a result of the priest's sermon. It's thanks to what the pastor describes as a 'divine occurrence' after an image of the virgin Mary appeared on the church's window. Visitors have left flowers beneath the window and built a makeshift altar.

Responding to allegations that the 'divine occurrence' may have more mortal origins, the church's pastor Father Bernardo Molina says he did not create the image himself.

'There are a lot of people that may think it's a stain or condensation. They ask if I drew it,' he said. 
'No, no, no. There's no way you can do that,' he added.

Father Molina said the unusual mark appeared on the window on December 12 and can be seen on most sunny days. 

One woman who was among the throngs queuing up to see the 'miracle' was in tears as she prayed to the silhouette.
'Believe, believe and have faith,' was her message. 

In a Facebook post to the church's followers, Father Molina said he was not sure how the image appeared.

He said: 'Many parishioners and other visitors claim it to be an image of the Virgin Mary.
I have heard several explanations ranging from a divine occurrence to a faulty window coating. I will let you make your own interpretation. 
'We may never agree on why or how this image appeared on the window.'

Linda Ikeji at 10:02 AM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crowds Flock To Catholic Church After Image Of Virgin Mary Appears On Window -ph by Airforce1(m): 10:28am On Dec 26, 2015
I believe
Re: Crowds Flock To Catholic Church After Image Of Virgin Mary Appears On Window -ph by Nellybank(m): 10:29am On Dec 26, 2015
Sure?
Re: Crowds Flock To Catholic Church After Image Of Virgin Mary Appears On Window -ph by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 26, 2015
Airforce1:

Father Molina said the unusual mark appeared on the window on December 12 and can be seen on most sunny days. 

One woman who was among the throngs queuing up to see the 'miracle' was in tears as she prayed to the silhouette.
'Believe, believe and have faith,' was her message. 

In a Facebook post to the church's followers, Father Molina said he was not sure how the image appeared.

Linda Ikeji at 10:02 AM

This is my problem with catholics. They claim they don't worship Mary yet you can see one of them PRAYING to the silhouette of Mary. They even created an altar where the image appeared. If that does not equate to worship, then I wonder what will? undecided

6 Likes

Re: Crowds Flock To Catholic Church After Image Of Virgin Mary Appears On Window -ph by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 26, 2015
"Thou shall not make thee any griven image. Or any likeness of any kind; for I the lord I'm a jealous God"

2 Likes

Re: Crowds Flock To Catholic Church After Image Of Virgin Mary Appears On Window -ph by xender(m): 10:49am On Dec 26, 2015
end time appearance
Re: Crowds Flock To Catholic Church After Image Of Virgin Mary Appears On Window -ph by MeloGist(m): 11:09am On Dec 26, 2015
comment lata
Re: Crowds Flock To Catholic Church After Image Of Virgin Mary Appears On Window -ph by Vyolet(f): 11:17am On Dec 26, 2015
It is more of an optical illusion. The stain on the window with the dry grasses as a background.
Re: Crowds Flock To Catholic Church After Image Of Virgin Mary Appears On Window -ph by ify84(m): 11:32am On Dec 26, 2015
See as Satan don hypnotized people... It's a pity
Re: Crowds Flock To Catholic Church After Image Of Virgin Mary Appears On Window -ph by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 26, 2015
It's a mysterious occurence that I'm yet to find explanation for.

Roughly a year and few months ago, there was an apparition of that ilk at St Benedict's Ubiaja, Edo State.

Lasisi can't be more right.
Re: Crowds Flock To Catholic Church After Image Of Virgin Mary Appears On Window -ph by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 26, 2015
Mary don show ooo..?
Re: Crowds Flock To Catholic Church After Image Of Virgin Mary Appears On Window -ph by Tonynelson(m): 1:03pm On Dec 26, 2015
Raymondenyi:
"Thou shall not make thee any griven image. Or any likeness of any kind; for I the lord I'm a jealous God"
but ur pastors put their posters in ur churches, wat is that imagination? Abi image?.
We dnt pray to marry we ask her for her intercession. At the wedding at Cana wat happened? Think well and dnt be deceived by ur gullible pastors who feed from ur sweat. Wat did angel Gabriel tell marry, wat did Elizabeth tell marry? Use ur head. God gave u wisdom, pls stop disgracing Him nd use ur brain. Dnt be fooled by ur pastors. Go nd check 1917 account. Read ur bible well.

6 Likes

Re: Crowds Flock To Catholic Church After Image Of Virgin Mary Appears On Window -ph by Bishop4bella(m): 1:15pm On Dec 26, 2015
Tonynelson:
but ur pastors put their posters in ur churches, wat is that imagination? Abi image?.
We dnt pray to marry we ask her for her intercession. At the wedding at Cana wat happened? Think well and dnt be deceived by ur gullible pastors who feed from ur sweat. Wat did angel Gabriel tell marry, wat did Elizabeth tell marry? Use ur head. God gave u wisdom, pls stop disgracing Him nd use ur brain. Dnt be fooled by ur pastors. Go nd check 1917 account. Read ur bible well.

Hail Mary full of grace,
The Lord is with thee
Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.
Holy Mary mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and the hour of our death.
Amen.

7 Likes

Re: Crowds Flock To Catholic Church After Image Of Virgin Mary Appears On Window -ph by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 26, 2015
Tonynelson:
I have sire; Christ. That is the primary reason for christainity never told us to worship him tru Mary; or ask us to ask Mary tointercede for us... he said, we should ask tru him, and he shall ansWer... so where does Mary come in?
My Brother; sorry to say; but all you catholics are IDOL worshippers...

IF my church starts making any image of Jesus or any likeness and start bowing to it; I'll surely leave them shortly afterwards.... cus dat will be idolatory...

My brother; We donot need anybody intercede for us, that will amount to idolatory... Pray to ur God and he shall answer

2 Likes

Re: Crowds Flock To Catholic Church After Image Of Virgin Mary Appears On Window -ph by FisifunKododada: 4:21pm On Dec 26, 2015
cool Everyday I wake up and realized how lucky I am to be an atheist. Abeg see mumus grin grin grin
Re: Crowds Flock To Catholic Church After Image Of Virgin Mary Appears On Window -ph by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 26, 2015
Mother Mary, I love you........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crowds Flock To Catholic Church After Image Of Virgin Mary Appears On Window -ph by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 26, 2015
Wow
Re: Crowds Flock To Catholic Church After Image Of Virgin Mary Appears On Window -ph by Teryfik(m): 5:14pm On Dec 26, 2015
Wat do u expect no b yesterday ha pikin do baffday..... Hw old b JESUS sef....
Re: Crowds Flock To Catholic Church After Image Of Virgin Mary Appears On Window -ph by XXX5(m): 6:17pm On Dec 26, 2015
its obvious someone carefully marked this out.
Re: Crowds Flock To Catholic Church After Image Of Virgin Mary Appears On Window -ph by superken(m): 6:54pm On Dec 26, 2015
wow
Re: Crowds Flock To Catholic Church After Image Of Virgin Mary Appears On Window -ph by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 7:15pm On Dec 26, 2015
Keneking:
Mother Mary, I love you........

Great.

Hail Mary full of grace,
The Lord is with thee
Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.
Holy Mary mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and the hour of our death.
Amen.

Keneking, I am still waiting for my Xmas food o

2 Likes

Re: Crowds Flock To Catholic Church After Image Of Virgin Mary Appears On Window -ph by Sommyangel(f): 7:17pm On Dec 26, 2015
But this mary can appear sha
Re: Crowds Flock To Catholic Church After Image Of Virgin Mary Appears On Window -ph by jonathanOz: 7:21pm On Dec 26, 2015
adeaks:

This is my problem with catholics. They claim they don't worship Mary yet you can see one of them PRAYING to the silhouette of Mary. They even created an altar where the image appeared. If that does not equate to worship, then I wonder what will? undecided
Allow people to practice their faith the way they want to. God is the final judge
Re: Crowds Flock To Catholic Church After Image Of Virgin Mary Appears On Window -ph by Airforce1(m): 8:47pm On Dec 26, 2015
undecided
Re: Crowds Flock To Catholic Church After Image Of Virgin Mary Appears On Window -ph by Syphax(m): 9:55pm On Dec 26, 2015
Raymondenyi:
What are the ark of covenant and the bronze snake made by Moses?
Re: Crowds Flock To Catholic Church After Image Of Virgin Mary Appears On Window -ph by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 26, 2015
Syphax:

What are the ark of covenant and the bronze snake made by Moses?
that's old testament...
Re: Crowds Flock To Catholic Church After Image Of Virgin Mary Appears On Window -ph by Tonynelson(m): 10:13pm On Dec 26, 2015
Raymondenyi:
I have sire; Christ. That is the primary reason for christainity never told us to worship him tru Mary; or ask us to ask Mary tointercede for us... he said, we should ask tru him, and he shall ansWer... so where does Mary come in?
My Brother; sorry to say; but all you catholics are IDOL worshippers...

IF my church starts making any image of Jesus or any likeness and start bowing to it; I'll surely leave them shortly afterwards.... cus dat will be idolatory...

My brother; We donot need anybody intercede for us, that will amount to idolatory... Pray to ur God and he shall answer

Y did they look at d bronze serpent in d Bible? Y didn't the people go straight to Jesus for him to turn water into wine for them? Y did Jesus obey Mary when she told him to turn the water, or u think Jesus don't listen to Mary her mother till now? Y don't u use ur brain? God said don't make any image but still told isrealites to make golden serpent? Ogbeni d earlier u understand that the Bible is not novel and d word of God which needs God's wisdom to understand the better. Stop using ur hard earned money to feed another man nd his family. Ask God for wisdom he will give u nd u will understand everything in the Catholic Church.
Re: Crowds Flock To Catholic Church After Image Of Virgin Mary Appears On Window -ph by alexov(m): 11:50pm On Dec 26, 2015
I'm sure there's a perfectly logical explanation for that. But Nigerians love to cling to the supernatural at every chance.
Re: Crowds Flock To Catholic Church After Image Of Virgin Mary Appears On Window -ph by Syphax(m): 7:54am On Dec 27, 2015
Raymondenyi:
that's old testament...
Is the law you quoted not an old testament law?
Re: Crowds Flock To Catholic Church After Image Of Virgin Mary Appears On Window -ph by Airforce1(m): 10:13am On Dec 27, 2015
Cc lalasticlala, Mynd44
Re: Crowds Flock To Catholic Church After Image Of Virgin Mary Appears On Window -ph by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 28, 2016
FisifunKododada:
cool Everyday I wake up and realized how lucky I am to be an atheist. Abeg see mumus grin grin grin
God in Heaven, please save this lost soul. Mother Mary please intercede for a confused mind....

(1) (Reply)

7 Music Stars That Davido Brought To Limelight / Peter Psquare & Wizkid Laugh Their Hearts Out (photo) / Photos Of Rihanna Helping The Poor To Fetch Water In Malawi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.