Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Please Help: My Blog Has Been Hacked - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Help: My Blog Has Been Hacked (1076 Views)

HELP! My Worpress Blog Has Been Infected With Malware / Finally The Long Awaited Tech Blog Has Been Launched / SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE- Has Your Website Ever Been Hacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help: My Blog Has Been Hacked by 9janewsarena: 9:30am On Dec 28, 2015
Please web gurus in the house, i need your help and suggestions as regards my blog that was hacked by an unknown person.
My blog was hacked around 5pm yesterday. The URL of the blog is www.9janewsarena.com
The only people i shared my login details with was a company named Blog Oxygen (www.blogoxygen.com) to work on my blog as regards Search Engine Optimization (SEO) 2 months ago with which they were paid for their service. But i changed the password of my gmail account immediately the above named company finished their job (NOTE: I only mentioned Blog Oxygen because they were the only people i have ever shared my login details with).
The blog is hosted on Blogger. How i knew my blog was hacked was that; i tried to login to compose a post and the message i got was that my password was changed "2 hours ago".
Please i need your help and suggestion on what i can do to regain my blog back.
Thanks

cc: lalasticlala, seun, ishilove, adewasco2k please help move this to front page. Thanks
Re: Please Help: My Blog Has Been Hacked by Elosky20: 9:39am On Dec 28, 2015
where is ur blog hosted
Re: Please Help: My Blog Has Been Hacked by 9janewsarena: 9:42am On Dec 28, 2015
Elosky20:
where is ur blog hosted
its a blogger blog, but i purchased the domain from namecheap.com
Re: Please Help: My Blog Has Been Hacked by adewasco2k(m): 9:42am On Dec 28, 2015
Give more details, which platform were you on? (WordPress, blogger etc)

What did you see that make you realized you were hacked?
Re: Please Help: My Blog Has Been Hacked by Elosky20: 9:52am On Dec 28, 2015
9janewsarena:

its a blogger blog, but i purchased the domain from namecheap.com
frm what i can see in ur domain someone repurchased it and then parked it.try and contact namecheap.com. bt is the domain up to a year.
Re: Please Help: My Blog Has Been Hacked by 9janewsarena: 9:55am On Dec 28, 2015
adewasco2k:
The blog is hosted on Blogger. How i knew my blog was hacked was that; i tried to login to compose a post and the message i got was that my password was changed "2 hours ago".
Re: Please Help: My Blog Has Been Hacked by gist4kidsblog: 9:57am On Dec 28, 2015
Na whaoooo... People dey vex ooo...

Lalasticlala please we need u here ooo...

Becos dis matter serious ooo
Re: Please Help: My Blog Has Been Hacked by 9janewsarena: 9:57am On Dec 28, 2015
adewasco2k:
I was the one that removed the settings i used in linking my domain to my blog so that the hacker will not be able to use the blog too.
Because, the hacker has already added his own adsense account.
Re: Please Help: My Blog Has Been Hacked by adewasco2k(m): 10:01am On Dec 28, 2015
9janewsarena:

1. From the AdSense account you can be able to get all sites with the ad code then figure out the person.

2. It's not a hosting problem, all you need to do us clean up your blog and make it more secure.

3. Your security concern should be on your gmail.
Re: Please Help: My Blog Has Been Hacked by 9janewsarena: 10:18am On Dec 28, 2015
adewasco2k:

1. From the AdSense account you can be able to get all sites with the ad code then figure out the person.
2. It's not a hosting problem, all you need to do us clean up your blog and make it more secure.
3. Your security concern should be on your gmail.

Issue number 1 is that although i was able to get back my gmail account but the blog has already been associated with another gmail account.

Issue number 2 is that, the person has removed my adsense codes from the blog and replaced them with his...but i was able to get the hacker's adsense publisher ID through page source. So my question now is, what can i do with his publisher Id that will enable him return my blog back to me.

1 Like

Re: Please Help: My Blog Has Been Hacked by emmalexdboy(m): 2:41pm On Dec 28, 2015
This is serious.
Re: Please Help: My Blog Has Been Hacked by bassdow: 8:43pm On Dec 28, 2015
Sorry to hear this. I believe your best bet is to have a chat with Google.

Also hope you still have access to your domain name.

Hacking can be done in different ways. One of which is the result of using illegally downloaded themes and scripts.

Let's know if you still have access to your domain name.
Re: Please Help: My Blog Has Been Hacked by 9janewsarena: 7:43am On Dec 29, 2015
bassdow:
Sorry to hear this. I believe your best bet is to have a chat with Google.
Also hope you still have access to your domain name.
Hacking can be done in different ways. One of which is the result of using illegally downloaded themes and scripts.
Let's know if you still have access to your domain name.
Yes, i still have access to my domain.
Re: Please Help: My Blog Has Been Hacked by 9janewsarena: 6:41pm On Dec 29, 2015
Please i still need suggestions and opinions as regards how to get my blog back....and meanwhile, i have created a new blog and i have linked it to my previous domain (www.9janewsarena.com)

cc: adewasko2k, lalasticlala, seun, ishilove
Re: Please Help: My Blog Has Been Hacked by yomalex(m): 7:05am On Dec 30, 2015
9janewsarena:
Please i still need suggestions and opinions as regards how to get my blog back....and meanwhile, i have created a new blog and i have linked it to my previous domain (www.9janewsarena.com)

talk to Google
Re: Please Help: My Blog Has Been Hacked by bassdow: 9:55pm On Jan 02, 2016
9janewsarena:

Hello, sorry to hear you are still unable to recover it.
Am hardly on Nairaland.com regularly.
I guess you have 2 options - either contact Google or contact Me.

Bye for now
Re: Please Help: My Blog Has Been Hacked by MeandSum: 10:23pm On Jan 03, 2016
9janewsarena:

Issue number 1 is that although i was able to get back my gmail account but the blog has already been associated with another gmail account.

Issue number 2 is that, the person has removed my adsense codes from the blog and replaced them with his...but i was able to get the hacker's adsense publisher ID through page source. So my question now is, what can i do with his publisher Id that will enable him return my blog back to me.

You have only one option here: Google.
Question though, is your Gmail account not tied to your phone number?

My advice is that you use their adsense code to find other sites they own and run a circle around them. List all their sites in your report to Google. Should teach them a lesson or two.

On the other hand, the perpetrator is probably long gone and sold the site to someone else who is gullible enough to buy a "working adsense account" like a lot of people sell here on Nairaland smiley

(1) (Reply)

SSL Certificates For Blogs And Websites / Pls Who Is Good In Setting Up SEO On / Who Can Help Me To Open Account On Clickbank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.