Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,247 members, 7,815,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Help! My 3 Month Lhasa Apso Does Not Eat. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help! My 3 Month Lhasa Apso Does Not Eat. (6179 Views)

Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) / Meet Hulk, My 3-month Old GSD / Is My 3.5months Female Rottweiler Puppy Growing Well (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My 3 Month Lhasa Apso Does Not Eat. by iriskiki(f): 8:00am On Dec 29, 2015
Please I need advise on what to do.

She doesn't eat. But she drinks a lot of water. I don't know what to do. She rejects the doggie cereal, the doggie noodles, I tried egg and the canned pup beef. She rejects them all.

Please can anyone recommend what to do?

Thank you.

Update...

She is still not eating. She got a multivitamin shot. Still didn't eat. She just vomited and has been laying around all day. She doesn't even yap anymore.

I'm very worried. Someone please help me out with any information... PLEASE...
Re: Help! My 3 Month Lhasa Apso Does Not Eat. by Magpies(m): 8:40am On Dec 29, 2015
Is she weak,pale?

When last did you deworm?

3 Likes

Re: Help! My 3 Month Lhasa Apso Does Not Eat. by Gideonaigbe(m): 9:23am On Dec 29, 2015
take all foods away from her,go get mim multivitamin syrub gv her a spoon full still dnt feed until d evenen,say...errm 5pm n see hw she eats all.
Re: Help! My 3 Month Lhasa Apso Does Not Eat. by iriskiki(f): 11:17am On Dec 29, 2015
Magpies:
Is she weak,pale?

When last did you deworm?

I dewormed less than a month ago. She seems weak at times.
Re: Help! My 3 Month Lhasa Apso Does Not Eat. by iriskiki(f): 11:18am On Dec 29, 2015
Gideonaigbe:
take all foods away from her,go get mim multivitamin syrub gv her a spoon full still dnt feed until d evenen,say...errm 5pm n see hw she eats all.

OK. I'll do that and let you know. Thank you.
Re: Help! My 3 Month Lhasa Apso Does Not Eat. by smileysmiles(f): 9:40am On Jan 02, 2016
iriskiki:

OK. I'll do that and let you know. Thank you.

Ma'am how's your dog?

1 Like

Re: Help! My 3 Month Lhasa Apso Does Not Eat. by iriskiki(f): 10:52am On Jan 02, 2016
Update.

She was diagnosed with acute papo.

She was placed on injections which ended yesterday.

She didn't drink at all yesterday and hadn't eaten since the day before.

She is a bit more active today. She ate a lil fish. And had some water.

So we are hopeful...

Thank you all for your help and concern. God bless you richly this new year.

1 Like

Re: Help! My 3 Month Lhasa Apso Does Not Eat. by iriskiki(f): 10:53am On Jan 02, 2016
Well she is still alive. Diagnosed with acute papo. But she is more active so I guess the worst is over.

smileysmiles:

Ma'am how's your dog?
Re: Help! My 3 Month Lhasa Apso Does Not Eat. by iriskiki(f): 10:57am On Jan 02, 2016
Sorry I didn't update as I promised. She completely refused the water mixed with multi vitamin. I had to go to the vet again that evening.
Gideonaigbe:
Re: Help! My 3 Month Lhasa Apso Does Not Eat. by smileysmiles(f): 5:07pm On Jan 02, 2016
iriskiki:
Well she is still alive. Diagnosed with acute papo. But she is more active so I guess the worst is over.

Oh great. That's good news. "Papo" , I've never heard about that, did your vet tell you the cause and prevention?
Re: Help! My 3 Month Lhasa Apso Does Not Eat. by Houseofglam7(f): 5:56pm On Jan 02, 2016
I assume you meant 'Parvo' @Op.
Anyways, I pray your dog recovers quickly smiley
Re: Help! My 3 Month Lhasa Apso Does Not Eat. by iriskiki(f): 1:48pm On Jan 03, 2016
It's parvo virus. My mistake. They say it is common with dogs and more in particular breeds. She said it's nothing I did. That like how humans get the flu so it is with dogs. She said I have to make sure she gets her shots on tone and to always bring her in early if there are any complaints.

I'm taking her in on Tuesday. For follow up.

smileysmiles:

Oh great. That's good news. "Papo" , I've never heard about that, did your vet tell you the cause and prevention?
Re: Help! My 3 Month Lhasa Apso Does Not Eat. by iriskiki(f): 1:49pm On Jan 03, 2016
You are right. I thought it was papo the way the vet pronounced it. grin grin grin

Thanks for showing concern. I really appreciate it.

Houseofglam7:
I assume you meant 'Parvo' @Op.
Anyways, I pray your dog recovers quickly smiley
Re: Help! My 3 Month Lhasa Apso Does Not Eat. by Houseofglam7(f): 2:49pm On Jan 03, 2016
iriskiki:
You are right. I thought it was papo the way the vet pronounced it. grin grin grin

Thanks for showing concern. I really appreciate it.

Lol cheesy
You're on point jare

1 Like

Re: Help! My 3 Month Lhasa Apso Does Not Eat. by smileysmiles(f): 8:36am On Jan 04, 2016
iriskiki:
It's parvo virus. My mistake. They say it is common with dogs and more in particular breeds. She said it's nothing I did. That like how humans get the flu so it is with dogs. She said I have to make sure she gets her shots on tone and to always bring her in early if there are any complaints.

I'm taking her in on Tuesday. For follow up.

Parvo OK. Thanks
Re: Help! My 3 Month Lhasa Apso Does Not Eat. by iriskiki(f): 8:09am On Jan 05, 2016
Here she is! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Help! My 3 Month Lhasa Apso Does Not Eat. by knyte(m): 9:45am On Jan 05, 2016
Cute smtin grin

2 Likes

Re: Help! My 3 Month Lhasa Apso Does Not Eat. by adahgold(m): 1:21pm On Jan 05, 2016
Please can any one help me on this my lhasa apso is 4 weeks pregnant,am disturbed cuz she does not eat? Can any one help me out on this issue cuz is my first time witnessing this as a dog owner. Ur suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Re: Help! My 3 Month Lhasa Apso Does Not Eat. by iriskiki(f): 11:24am On Jan 06, 2016
Thank you sir.
cheesy
knyte:
Cute smtin grin
Re: Help! My 3 Month Lhasa Apso Does Not Eat. by iriskiki(f): 11:26am On Jan 06, 2016
I'm sorry about that.

Please take her to the vet. I don't know what to say except take her to the vet. Or how about where you bought her... They might have useful advice for you.

How old is she?

adahgold:
Please can any one help me on this my lhasa apso is 4 weeks pregnant,am disturbed cuz she does not eat? Can any one help me out on this issue cuz is my first time witnessing this as a dog owner. Ur suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Re: Help! My 3 Month Lhasa Apso Does Not Eat. by adahgold(m): 1:44pm On Jan 06, 2016
iriskiki:
I'm sorry about that.

Please take her to the vet. I don't know what to say except take her to the vet. Or how about where you bought her... They might have useful advice for you.

How old is she?

she is 10 month old,I took her to the vet the examined her they say she is ok,they say if possible I should force her to eat and give her alot of water so this morning I prepared pap and force her to drink it which she did. Thank you for your concern.
Re: Help! My 3 Month Lhasa Apso Does Not Eat. by iriskiki(f): 10:30am On Jan 07, 2016
That's interesting... 10 month old and pregnant?!
I always thought that they would have to be about 2 or 3 years or something...

I'm glad she ate... I hope she gets stronger. My vet told me to include glucose in her water for strength. I don't know if it'll be proper since she's pregnant but just thought I'd share that.

How did you force her? So I can practice. grin

adahgold:

she is 10 month old,I took her to the vet the examined her they say she is ok,they say if possible I should force her to eat and give her alot of water so this morning I prepared pap and force her to drink it which she did. Thank you for your concern.
Re: Help! My 3 Month Lhasa Apso Does Not Eat. by adahgold(m): 12:44pm On Jan 07, 2016
iriskiki:
That's interesting... 10 month old and pregnant?!
I always thought that they would have to be about 2 or 3 years or something...

I'm glad she ate... I hope she gets stronger. My vet told me to include glucose in her water for strength. I don't know if it'll be proper since she's pregnant but just thought I'd share that.

How did you force her? So I can practice. grin

I opened her mouth then use a spoon to give it to her,I made sure it entered her throat. If she start seeing her period go n cross her don't wait until she is 2-3 years.
Re: Help! My 3 Month Lhasa Apso Does Not Eat. by chomchom1(f): 1:56pm On Jan 07, 2016
iriskiki:
Here she is! smiley

u better sell it out pele!
Re: Help! My 3 Month Lhasa Apso Does Not Eat. by iriskiki(f): 7:46pm On Jan 07, 2016
Thank you ma. undecided
chomchom1:

u better sell it out pele!
Re: Help! My 3 Month Lhasa Apso Does Not Eat. by iriskiki(f): 7:48pm On Jan 07, 2016
Oh ok... Thanks you...

At what month did yours start? Is the bleeding enough to be well noticed?

Anyway thanks. I think I need to visit Google...

adahgold:

I opened her mouth then use a spoon to give it to her,I made sure it entered her throat. If she start seeing her period go n cross her don't wait until she is 2-3 years.
Re: Help! My 3 Month Lhasa Apso Does Not Eat. by TheHeGoat: 8:37pm On Jan 07, 2016
They will buy a common dog and feed/treat it more than a human. But what does the dog give back in appreciation? Ä little bark, a poo in the dining room and Papo disease. undecided No goat would demand that much from you but they'll never consider showing love to a kid. Smh!
Re: Help! My 3 Month Lhasa Apso Does Not Eat. by adahgold(m): 10:25pm On Jan 07, 2016
iriskiki:
Oh ok... Thanks you...

At what month did yours start? Is the bleeding enough to be well noticed?

Anyway thanks. I think I need to visit Google...

the bleeding will be enough for you to see and her vagina would be some how swollen,they often lick the blood,so be watchful.
Re: Help! My 3 Month Lhasa Apso Does Not Eat. by iriskiki(f): 11:48am On Jan 08, 2016
Thank you for your time. Have a blessed day. Good luck with the pregnancy. smiley
[qquote author=adahgold post=41760672]

the bleeding will be enough for you to see and her vagina would be some how swollen,they often lick the blood,so be watchful.[/quote]
Re: Help! My 3 Month Lhasa Apso Does Not Eat. by smoothvee(m): 2:27pm On Apr 01, 2016
iriskiki:
Thank you for your time. Have a blessed day. Good luck with the pregnancy. smiley
[qquote author=adahgold post=41760672]

the bleeding will be enough for you to see and her vagina would be some how swollen,they often lick the blood,so be watchful.

Dearie is it a female dog? If it is if it gives birth pls dash me one..really want a lhasso but just moved into a new apartment so im kinda not up to buyin one

1 Like

Re: Help! My 3 Month Lhasa Apso Does Not Eat. by iriskiki(f): 10:42am On Apr 07, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin
Isok... All the same, but I'm not ready to breed her. I want her to be at least one year old before I do that.

I'll pray about it. If I see you in my dreams I'll dash you one. Is that fair? grin grin cheesy grin

smoothvee:

Dearie is it a female dog? If it is if it gives birth pls dash me one..really want a lhasso but just moved into a new apartment so im kinda not up to buyin one
Re: Help! My 3 Month Lhasa Apso Does Not Eat. by smoothvee(m): 5:23pm On Apr 07, 2016
grin
iriskiki:
grin grin grin grin grin
Isok... All the same, but I'm not ready to breed her. I want her to be at least one year old before I do that.

I'll pray about it. If I see you in my dreams I'll dash you one. Is that fair? grin grin cheesy grin

You've officially bursted my brain! grin pray about it? Hahahaaha its not fair naa.. Need ur word. Where do u stay dear lag?

Nb: y u will waste the dog conji grin if its u nd the dog no gree u...tell me wat u will say. *picks silpers vooooom!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adult Female Rottweiler For Sale SOLD / Trained And Fully Vaccinated 3 Months Old Alsatian Puppies For Sale / Rottweiler Puppies For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.