Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,528 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Cashing Out On An Insurance - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Cashing Out On An Insurance (14321 Views)

Partner With Me And We'll Be Cashing Out From Google Adsense In 4months / Cashing Out From Neteller / Guy Registers Brand New Car As MMM 2 After Cashing Out (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cashing Out On An Insurance by akinladejo: 6:15pm On Dec 29, 2015
I had similar experience with UNION Assurance and IGI and am still looking for ways to handle them. Insurance company in Nigeria are thieves and fraudulent.

1 Like

Re: Cashing Out On An Insurance by ephi123(f): 6:34pm On Dec 29, 2015
Chukzyfcb:

Different strokes for different folks, when my DAD died, we benefited from his Life Insurance. The same AIICO Insurance that you castigate was very professional although slow coz it took over 7months to receive the cash but with my experience with them. If I would suggest, I would suggest AIICO Life Insurance any day anytime!!!

Well, that's your experience and you are free to recommend them. I am speaking based on MY own experience and would NEVER EVER recommend a company that mis-sells policies and misleads their clients which is what AIICO is guilty of.
Re: Cashing Out On An Insurance by TruthisOut: 6:40pm On Dec 29, 2015
Hi guys,

Thanks so much for the responses. I met with my account officer today and he ended up getting me angrier. He still maintained that I will lose money if I cash out now because the market/economy is not good now - How does that affect our agreement? And that it will take at least 3 months for me to get paid!!!

I am just concerned about letting go of the original documents to them. Will photocopies suffice as proof in case tomorrow they start speaking from both sides of their mouth?

A colleague in my office told me that he has been trying to cash out for the past 6 months from the same insurance company. I hope I have not entered "one chance".

It hurts as I have been a good lad in payment of my premium.
Re: Cashing Out On An Insurance by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 29, 2015
I had other means to get the money at the time. I just felt since I had money somewhere, I could easily get it. When I couldn't, I
Sourced from my other alternative. Thanks for d piece though

anonimi:

Why can't you use the insurance policy as a COLLATERAL, if required, to obtain a quick loan or overdraft to meet your immediate needs and liquidate the policy at the end of its tenure?

1 Like

Re: Cashing Out On An Insurance by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 29, 2015
Yh Ure right. Buh truth be told. It wasn't stated that a ridiculous percentage wl be charged if I needed to withdraw before a year. Buh I felt it wasnt worth arguing over. That's why I just left my cash there to cool. I'll withdraw 90% after a year and d remaining ten percent after three yrs
Rockstar07:

That's why you need to read and digest the Policy Document given to you to know their terms and conditions. It would be clearing stated there. The document's not only to be store in cool and dry place...lol
Re: Cashing Out On An Insurance by BUSHHUNTER: 7:29pm On Dec 29, 2015
DelTel:

Towergate Insurance was acquired by Equity Assurance around 2005, therefore, your dad is now a shareholder in the latter company which is tradeable on the floor of The Nigerian Stock Exchange.

Equity Assurance Plc has paid 2 dividends after the merger hence you need to approach the registrars - Apel Capital Registrars @ 18b, Nnobi Street, Masha Surulere.

Thanks I will check on them very soon
Re: Cashing Out On An Insurance by poposki33: 7:39pm On Dec 29, 2015
1 thing is that you need the policy certificate to claim your investment but most insurance companies won't tell you to keep it so if you have it, you should take them to any extent but contrary to that, your investment is gone
Re: Cashing Out On An Insurance by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 29, 2015
Hahahaha I'm so sorry but I couldn't help but laugh..no you wont
Lionhearted:
This thread really confirmed I knew little about how Insurance work.

Supposing I take a Policy against robbery for 3years and paying the premiums at as when due. What if no robbery occur within the 3years will I forfeit the accumulated premiums when the policy matured? That was my belief before.
Re: Cashing Out On An Insurance by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 29, 2015
State your grievances with union assurance..I could help you out
akinladejo:
I had similar experience with UNION Assurance and IGI and am still looking for ways to handle them. Insurance company in Nigeria are thieves and fraudulent.
Re: Cashing Out On An Insurance by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 29, 2015
You are not making sense

Like I tell people, always ask questions and don't mislead clients to buying policies because of commission

Insurance works if you read and ask questions
InvertedHammer:

/
A few weeks ago, I was arguing with magicminister about insurance policies. He bragged about his premium and coverage for his business. I kindly advised him to have a lawyer go over his policy because insurance companies are known to make policy holders jump through a lot of hoops before getting compensation. Sometimes, it is outright denial. In US, they may hide under omission of information, act of God, preexisting conditions, etc. to deny claims. In a chaotic environment like Nigeria, I am sure they have endless list of "excuses" to avoid payment especially the mushroom insurance companies that will insure anybody and anything.

But again, some folks who think they are wise usually learns the hard way.

Good luck cashing out!

/
Re: Cashing Out On An Insurance by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 29, 2015
No need to wait..expose them
Intrepid01:
This is a very good topic....Listen carefully everybody.

I am also under this situation myself. I have been trying to cash out an insurance policy since 2014. Yes 2014. These guys are rogues, the procedure for taking up a plan is so easy but cashing out is like passing through the needles eye. I am not going to mention their name now, but I have promised them that by January if my cheque is not sent to me or my money paid in to my account I will narrate my ordeal with them on all Social Media, do a serious damage to their useless name and expose them
Re: Cashing Out On An Insurance by olaboby: 8:42pm On Dec 29, 2015
Before u give them the receipt and policy documents, make sure u scan the original and save it in your yahoo/computer. Also do the photocopy and keep

1 Like

Re: Cashing Out On An Insurance by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 29, 2015
TruthisOut:
Hi guys,

Please I need your help. I have been running this life assurance policy with an Insurance company for more than 40 months and going by their policy I can cash out 100 percent of my investment after 3 years (36 months). Now I want out, they started making things difficult telling me I will lose money if I cash out now.

I insisted that they give me back my money as I really it need now, they asked for a lot of requirements but the ones that made me raise an eyebrow are:
1. I should submit all receipts that they have sent anytime I paid my monthly premium
2. I should return the policy document.

Guys, these are documents that shows that I had an investment with them. Are these requirements ok or is someone trying to play me now? I need your help.

If this insurance policy was contracted by an Agent .. you are in trouble.. especially if the company starts with A and ends in O.. It was a legal threat and tussle that got me to exit with my dignity and finances intact. did you actually read the contract before you signed or you signed after you made your first bulk payment
Re: Cashing Out On An Insurance by Meelaw(m): 11:27pm On Dec 29, 2015
Re: Cashing Out On An Insurance by precyb(f): 4:06am On Dec 30, 2015
insurance is good if only we can undastnd wat it is all about.ma brother, for u to get ur pay u need to gv ur photocopies of ur reciepts n policy document.already all ur premium payment is registered in der own system.again it can take up to 1 month to 3 months to get paid cuz dey hv to verify if u r payin up to date, if u r owin an month,etc. u cashing out nw means ur interest ll be very low. as for IGI i knw dey pay.in all insurance in nigeria,dey take der tym in makin payments no 2 ways abt it.be patient brother cuz wen dt money ll cum u ll enjoy am cuz is huge n can solve issues.imagine saving money for a specific period of tym,it helps ooooo.so forget dose tellin u dt insurance in negeria is fraud.
Re: Cashing Out On An Insurance by InvertedHammer: 5:28am On Dec 30, 2015
exthar87:
You are not making sense

Like I tell people, always ask questions and don't mislead clients to buying policies because of commission

Insurance works if you read and ask questions
/
I wasn't expecting it to make sense to you.

If only you know what "bait and switch" means. A good number of brokers don't understand the products they are selling. They are in it for the commissions.

Insurance companies have fvcked and will continue to screw people up. A safer bet is to go with a reputable company because the industry is notorious for snake oil salesmen. Cave be sedes.
/

1 Like

Re: Cashing Out On An Insurance by KAYNINI(m): 2:21pm On Dec 30, 2015
lagosrd:

Ser don't be discouraged just create an alarm tread and we start the e-war against mutual benefit or wetin you call them. Anywhere you see their advert and on facebook lets rocket them with challenge. maybe them think say dem dey craze if you bo get job eno mean say Uno hear English now. Don't forget to put the guys name oooo. Or better still initial another conversation with the guy and record it on your phone then straight to NAICOM.

they have poor social media presence and that's the only challenge
Re: Cashing Out On An Insurance by lagosrd: 2:46pm On Dec 30, 2015
KAYNINI:

they have poor social media presence and that's the only challenge

Don't let that bother you now. Person wey sabi person for there will tell them what is going on. Surely they will call you.
Another option is the consumer protection council. We go report am

1 Like

Re: Cashing Out On An Insurance by KAYNINI(m): 3:20pm On Dec 30, 2015
lagosrd:

Don't let that bother you now. Person wey sabi person for there will tell them what is going on. Surely they will call you.
Another option is the consumer protection council. We go report am

yes that's true

i will probably explore that department - i have the names and details and wont mind sharing them over there
Re: Cashing Out On An Insurance by nkoyoeyo(f): 6:50pm On Dec 30, 2015
Hey you,

Just read your complains.

Yes, you need to give them all the receipts from day 1 till date if u want your money intact. I did one with Standard Alliance myself and the best advice I got from my account officer then, was to make sure I kept the receipts because they were like paper monies.

So, try to look for all your receipts, collate them and submit..also make sure you have a coloured photocopy of every document you are submitting.

Don't worry, am sure they are smarter than wanting to scam or play you.

The bad experience I had was that I cashed out bfor the 5year period I signed up for so, I lost a great percentage of the money..imagine I was due to get 240k, I ended up with about 172k thereabout... I couldn't even figure out what percentage fine I had paid..it was heartbreaking.

Bottom line here is...get the necessary documents to them.
Re: Cashing Out On An Insurance by dhalizm: 7:44am On Jan 01, 2016
[color=][/c[color=#000099][/color]olor]
mimzy:
Had a similar experience. And with the way u stated urs,seems like d same insurance coy. (mutual benefits life assurance). Same policy. Actually mine wasn't even up to a year yet and I needed money to quickly sort out sumfn. To my surpise, they told me they Cannot give me part of money until after 36months. After all said n done, they stated that getting part of my money would mean me forfeiting bout 40% of my money. I was rly upset. As I type. My money is stl wv dem. Buh I'm not paying monthly anymore. Just waiting for d stuff to be a year,then I'll withdraw 90% as stated in d policy

This is very normal. This is because the coy would have reinsured your policy with another insurance coy using a percentage of what your total policy value would be. Paying back all your money to you before the specified date (when they would have recovered the money they used in reinsurance and made some more profit) means the coy will lose out.
Re: Cashing Out On An Insurance by akinladejo: 3:22am On Oct 07, 2016
State your grievances with union assurance..I could help you out
Can u please give me ur phone number so that I can contact u please. Or test me so that I can call u my number is 08034299085.

Please!

1 Like

Re: Cashing Out On An Insurance by larex321(f): 11:38am On Dec 19, 2016
ephi123:

Well, that's your experience and you are free to recommend them. I am speaking based on MY own experience and would NEVER EVER recommend a company that mis-sells policies and misleads their clients which is what AIICO is guilty of.

Yes. AIICO mislead their clients

1 Like

Re: Cashing Out On An Insurance by larex321(f): 11:42am On Dec 19, 2016

If this insurance policy was contracted by an Agent .. you are in trouble.. especially if the company starts with A and ends in O.. It was a legal threat and tussle that got me to exit with my dignity and finances intact. did you actually read the contract before you signed or you signed after you made your first bulk payment

That's AIICO for you. Soo annoying
Re: Cashing Out On An Insurance by joeyarticles: 8:19am On Nov 09, 2017
I've be trying to get the accurate data on Policy holder in the Nigerian insurance industry, it seems data here is hard to get hold of .................

http://www.techlumy.com/policy-holder-insurance-interest-premium-payment/
Re: Cashing Out On An Insurance by Deempress(f): 9:19pm On Jul 06, 2019
Pls oo
Who else has cash out Aiico imsurance done in the 90s.
My parents did and just saw some of the receipts and documents.my mom aged now.
Do i meet an insureance lawyer or go to their office direct or who else can recomend next step of actions.
Re: Cashing Out On An Insurance by Deempress(f): 9:21pm On Jul 06, 2019
shaicollins:
[Dear frinds do not condemned insurance company in nigeria ,we have regulator body which we call it NAICOM) Petaining to your own advice, I will like to ask u question ,who under write your policy for you? Is it from insurance company or brokers ? And it any cliam u don't need to give original document ,make a photocopy and give them copy's with teller u used to Contact me for any form of insurance product or proffesional advice on any insurance policy....#God's favour is all I need .
How do i reach you..i have so many questions
Re: Cashing Out On An Insurance by NairalandAngel(m): 1:17pm On Jul 07, 2019
TruthisOut:
Hi guys,

Please I need your help. I have been running this life assurance policy with an Insurance company for more than 40 months and going by their policy I can cash out 100 percent of my investment after 3 years (36 months). Now I want out, they started making things difficult telling me I will lose money if I cash out now.

I insisted that they give me back my money as I really it need now, they asked for a lot of requirements but the ones that made me raise an eyebrow are:
1. I should submit all receipts that they have sent anytime I paid my monthly premium
2. I should return the policy document.

Guys, these are documents that shows that I had an investment with them. Are these requirements ok or is someone trying to play me now? I need your help.

I am aware you need to return the policy document but as for submitting all receipts, this is the first time I'm hearing that
Re: Cashing Out On An Insurance by aged: 2:46pm On May 06, 2020
Standard alliance insurance company has failed to pay my claims as agreed after 5years that lapses October 2019. It’s has been one excuse and the other. All required documents submitted. The reason given for their failure to pay is that the MD absconded with large amount and so it affected their operations.

Please somebody should bail me out
Re: Cashing Out On An Insurance by DelTel(m): 12:27am On May 07, 2020
aged:
Standard alliance insurance company has failed to pay my claims as agreed after 5years that lapses October 2019. It’s has been one excuse and the other. All required documents submitted. The reason given for their failure to pay is that the MD absconded with large amount and so it affected their operations.

Please somebody should bail me out

Contact the insurance regulator NAICOM via https://www.naicom.gov.ng/index.php/support/complaints

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cashing Out On An Insurance by Ukprosper: 8:28am On Oct 15, 2020
Here is a complete list of insurance companies in Nigeria and their coverage.
Top among the list are AIICO, Leadway, AXA Mansard, Custodian and Allied, Cornerstone, etc

Complete List of Insurance Companies in Nigeria
Re: Cashing Out On An Insurance by zimakod(m): 7:12am On Jan 28, 2022
This is why I don't like insurance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Money Moves To Make For 2019 / Juice Box: Newly Launched Online Platform / Confirm Website For Free Satoshi/bitcoin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.