Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,548 members, 7,837,097 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Causes Of Inner Engine Noise - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Causes Of Inner Engine Noise (554 Views)

5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration / Toyota Corolla Engine Noise / Causes Of Water Mixing With Engine Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Causes Of Inner Engine Noise by leeyack: 1:25pm On Dec 29, 2015
Most engine noise may not necessarily come from the top. It may come from some inner engine components. An observed piston knock for some moments in the engine may be cause of a cold piston and may cease when the engine becomes warm. This may be caused by a gap in between the cylinder and the piston. However a dull rumble knocking sound may signal a bad rod bearing which may lead to bearing failure and or rod breakage. Here are major inner engine noise.
continue reading...http://www.automobileglobe.com/causes-of-inner-engine-noise/
Re: Causes Of Inner Engine Noise by braine(m): 1:34pm On Dec 29, 2015
I noticed some taping or knocking sound sometime ago. My mechanic said it was a crank shaft issue and that really got me worried that I had to confirm from another mechanic (coz it could lead to changing the entire engine)... It turned out to be that the first guy used an inferior engine oil.

You can't really tell for sure what might be causing the noise.

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Truck Loaded With Goods Falls On Ojuelegba Bridge / Volkswagen Lt28i Bus For Sale / The Thorium-powered Car Eight Grams, Powers The Car For Its Entire Life Span

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.