Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,901 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

The Secondary School Boys. Episode One - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Secondary School Boys. Episode One (1112 Views)

How Much Can Writing A Secondary School Textbook Fetch Me? / Throwback: Nigerian Literature Books We Used In Secondary School!!! / The Secondary School Boys. Episode Two (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Secondary School Boys. Episode One by Interesting15: 4:41pm On Dec 29, 2015
The incident that occurred yesterday in my class was the one worst one I’ve ever experienced in my life. I found myself in a terrible situation that was beyond my deepest imaginations. I was been called a thief. I was accused of what I knew nothing of. I was grievous and I felt devastated. The ‘woos’ and‘boos’ that were rained on me still rang a bell in my hurt memory this morning.I have tried defending myself, to convince my class teacher and other students that I was innocent. I tried proving my innocence regarding the crime box that was passed upon me. But in as much as I tried, nothing came out of my mouth, only gabbles do. I only stood motionlessly and unbalanced,sweating profusely in front of over 25 students; shriving and crying uncontrollably.

“Thief, thief, thief” they hollered at me mercilessly.

I was embarrassed and dripped in shame with disgrace. My everything was at stake. My class captainship, the trust and love my class teacher with the other staffs has for me, were all at stake. How the missing phone was eventually found inside my own locker still remain a mystery to me, even till now. My locker was locked securely with a padlock which was neither found broken nor tampered with. We all could havee asily said someone planted it there assuming the locker was found being tampered with, but it wasn’t. Then, how come?

The padlock had only three keys that could open it. One is with my dad; the second is always with me, while the last one is kept with the class teacher, as a rule in my class. One of the rules in my class is that, every student must have one of the keys to his or her locker with the class teacher. That usually saves a student the stress of going back home when he or she has forgotten his or her key at home.

It couldn’t be concluded that someone had stolen the key that was kept with the class teacher. That is because, apart from me being the class captain,and my seatmate and friend Gbenga- being the assistant class captain, no other student knows where the keys are kept in the class teacher’s office. I never misplaced my own keys. So I’ve got no clue whatsoever on how the locker was opened. As I lay on the bed this morning, my mind idly drifted back to the day I began the college.

I vividly remember when I was enrolled into Maripime College, Ikorodu. It was about nineweeks ago. My father had been transferred to a newly constructed Church atIkorodu from the headquarters in Badagry as the assembly Pastor. Though I missed my former school, it wasn’t quite eminent because thisisn’t the first time he was being transferred to another geographical setting.I’m already used to being moved.

On that cool Monday morning, my dad drove me to the school in his car,though it wasn’t such a long distance from our new home. After the carscreeched to a halt, we headed towards the principal’s office. After allnecessary fees were settled, I was handed to Mr. Morgan, the class teacher ofS.S.S 2 Science department. Mr. Morgan received me warmly and introduced me to the class. He showedme my seat which luckily was located in my favorite position- front. It was occupied by a student and I joined him, becoming his seat mate.

As I sat down, I quietly observed my new class. The first thing I noticed is that the class room is quite spacious. The room is much wider than my former school’s. The desks here are also larger, with two separate lockers on each desk. Personally, I like schools with desks that have lockers. That is because, judging with my own little experience, I discovered that there tend tobe a much lowered rate in thefts of books, pens, and other school materials,compared to schools that uses desks without lockers. Mr. Morgan asked me tocome with a padlock the next day. I love the idea; I am a security consciousperson.

Mr. Morgan happens to be the Chemistry teacher, and he begins teaching,since we are having chemistry as the first subject on Mondays. The topic was‘Atoms and Matters.’ After teaching for about forty minutes, he paused and asked the class a question.

“What is an element? It was a simple question and I was expecting an answer from one of the students quickly. But to my uttermost surprise, no hand flew up in an attemptto voluntarily answer the simple question. So, I signaled to the teacher byraising my hand. He gave me the go ahead.“An element is a substance whichcannot be spits into any simpler form.” He was quite impress with my composure andasked the class to give me a gorgeous round of applause. I smiled as I retiredback to my seat; I’m actually used to such applauses. He asked some
other questions which I vomitedthe answers back to him with ease. He informed me to see him in the staff roomlater, when I’m less busy. Then he took his leave.
http://www.splendidtalks.com/2015/12/the-incident-that-occurred-yesterday-in.html?m=1
Re: The Secondary School Boys. Episode One by Interesting15: 4:43pm On Dec 29, 2015
Re: The Secondary School Boys. Episode One by Igwoh: 9:45pm On Dec 29, 2015
Go on my guy

(1) (Reply)

10 Mysterious Books You Will Want To Own / The Girl At Shoprite (short Story) / Can I..................

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.