Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Agricultural Economics As A Course - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Agricultural Economics As A Course (4105 Views)

Agricultural Technology As A Course / Occupation As An Agricultural Economics / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agricultural Economics As A Course by mhiztee15(f): 4:53pm On Dec 29, 2015
Good afternoon nairalander, sir and ma.please I need your opinion on agriculture economics as a course I just got admitted to that department in one state university in Nigeria..what is the employment opportunities in Nigeria and where can I work after school and what's the future of the course should I go for it or change my course.. please experienced farmers in the house please enlighten me
Re: Agricultural Economics As A Course by nobilie: 5:52pm On Dec 29, 2015
Agric Exons is simply managing agriculture using economic principles. Do you have interest in farming? If yes, it's okay. Just have a dream. There are engineers in the bank. Agric economists in telecom, web design, farming etc. Ask yourself, what do you have pation for. Dont study a course to het a good job but cos it's in line with your dream.

2 Likes

Re: Agricultural Economics As A Course by Phemmygbl(m): 5:53pm On Dec 29, 2015
mhiztee15:
Good afternoon nairalander, sir and ma.please I need your opinion on agriculture economics as a course I just got admitted to that department in one state university in Nigeria..what is the employment opportunities in Nigeria and where can I work after school and what's the future of the course should I go for it or change my course.. please experienced farmers in the house please enlighten me
one of the best departments in the Agricultural sciences Faculty. ...An Agric economist can work in the business,Agric,banking sectors and many others...It is a very nice course(+many electives) with a great future...I think a former cbn governor (maybe soludo)studied Agric economics...*The main ish is to study hard and graduate with good grades..I know a few people (bankers)that studied animal husbandry in school ,so your course might not even be relevant...!adaptivity&flexibility are key these days
Re: Agricultural Economics As A Course by mhiztee15(f): 6:35pm On Dec 29, 2015
Like now if someone someone studied nursing after school the person will be working in hospital and there are alot of hospitals around but what of agricultural science is there any agricultural company around that employment is guarantee after school
nobilie:
Agric Exons is simply managing agriculture using economic principles. Do you have interest in farming? If yes, it's okay. Just have a dream. There are engineers in the bank. Agric economists in telecom, web design, farming etc. Ask yourself, what do you have pation for. Dont study a course to het a good job but cos it's in line with your dream.
Re: Agricultural Economics As A Course by mhiztee15(f): 6:37pm On Dec 29, 2015
Thanks
Phemmygbl:
one of the best departments in the Agricultural sciences Faculty. ...An Agric economist can work in the business,Agric,banking sectors and many others...It is a very nice course(+many electives) with a great future...I think a former cbn governor (maybe soludo)studied Agric economics...*The main ish is to study hard and graduate with good grades..I know a few people (bankers)that studied animal husbandry in school ,so your course might not even be relevant...!adaptivity&flexibility are key these days
Re: Agricultural Economics As A Course by Chinks(m): 8:13pm On Dec 29, 2015
@OP, go online and carry out your research about the course (prospects)..... it will do you alot of good....
Re: Agricultural Economics As A Course by ehinmowo: 8:19pm On Dec 29, 2015
that's my course and I am 500L now. Firstly, employment in Nigeria is not based on course. bt experience has shown dt Engineers get employed more in Nigeria especially in Bank, followed by agriculturists (debatable). but I hv a feeling d job orientation will soon leave u once u start (debatable).

1 Like

Re: Agricultural Economics As A Course by Wonderboy1(m): 8:47pm On Dec 29, 2015
ehinmowo:
that's my course and I am 500L now. Firstly, employment in Nigeria is not based on course. bt experience has shown dt Engineers get employed more in Nigeria especially in Bank, followed by agriculturists (debatable). but I hv a feeling d job orientation will soon leave u once u start (debatable).

Job is actually the priority of those that doesn't know much abt Agric.

I bet the op will stop making reference to job opportunities when he starts studying it.
Re: Agricultural Economics As A Course by Nobody: 8:00am On Jan 04, 2016
mhiztee15

Send mhe d story.... Confession of a Funaab boy....

Olatunjiyusuf33@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Bambara Beans Farming / Plastic Fish Ponds For Sale (Sold! Sold!! Sold!!!) / Why You Should Consider Ostrich Farming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.