Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,223 members, 7,815,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

What Is The Relevance Between Farting And Appendicitis? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Is The Relevance Between Farting And Appendicitis? (7423 Views)

Community Where Nine Out Of Every 10 Villagers Have Appendicitis (Photos) / What Is Appendicitis? What Causes Appendicitis? / Fascinating Facts About Farting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Relevance Between Farting And Appendicitis? by Diva1(f): 4:04am On Jun 12, 2009
I had a friend that had appendicitis and after the surgery and during recovery, he said the doctors were wating for him to fart even begging him and when he did, they were all clapping and happy. Does anyone have any idea why? What is the relevance between the fart and recovering from appendicitis surgery? Anyone?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Relevance Between Farting And Appendicitis? by Sissy3(f): 5:05am On Jun 12, 2009
i guess because one of the many symptoms of appendicitis is the inability to pass gas. so maybe by him farting kind of tells them at least that really is working for now.
Re: What Is The Relevance Between Farting And Appendicitis? by Diva1(f): 6:09am On Jun 12, 2009
It could be
Re: What Is The Relevance Between Farting And Appendicitis? by dominique(f): 12:45pm On Jun 12, 2009
I'm hearing that for the very first time.
Re: What Is The Relevance Between Farting And Appendicitis? by tpiah: 7:49pm On Jun 12, 2009
you have to pass air after any major abdominal surgery, not only appendicitis.

Not doing so is dangerous. That's why the doctors were worried.
Re: What Is The Relevance Between Farting And Appendicitis? by ifyalways(f): 10:35pm On Jun 12, 2009
Yeah.They need to hear ur bowel sound b4 u can eat solid foods.
Re: What Is The Relevance Between Farting And Appendicitis? by Diva1(f): 6:29am On Jun 13, 2009
ifyalways:

Yeah.They need to hear ur bowel sound b4 u can eat solid foods.

tpiah:

you have to pass air after any major abdominal surgery, not only appendicitis.

Not doing so is dangerous. That's why the doctors were worried.

Thank you for these. Now I know why.

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Deal With Suicide Thoughts? / Woman Grows Nails Instead Of Hair Due To Skin Condition / 10 Warning Signs Of Lung Cancer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.