Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,489 members, 7,816,155 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Why Does The Church Always Try To Hide Their Ugly Past? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does The Church Always Try To Hide Their Ugly Past? (647 Views)

When You Try To Take A Selfie In Church (Photo) / Apostle Johnson Suleman's 2017 Prophecy: "They Will Try To Remove Osinbajo, VP / When You Try To Leave Church Before Offering Time (Funny Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does The Church Always Try To Hide Their Ugly Past? by ValentineMary(m): 8:26pm On Dec 29, 2015
Hy guys, I was born into a catholic family where I learnt almost all about the catholic faith. I recieved my first holy communion at 8 years of age and was confirmed by Anthony Cardinal Okogie when I was 16 years. I was pratically the best in my confirmation class.

I started attending block rosary when I was some months old. For does who don't know what block rosary crusade (BRC) is a society for catholics founded in 1917 @ Portugal where 3 children claimed the virgin Mary appeared to them (can't believe I took all this stuff in as truth).

Anyways I noticed that Nobody talked of things like the crusade that took the lives of tens of millons of people, nor the thousands that were killed because they left the 'holy mother chruch', neither did they talk of how they killed William Tyndale because her translated the bible to english after they searched for him for decades.

All these teachings are hidden from many catholics. Some days ago I realised that my elder sister was ignorant of some of these things. The only part they would teach u is the miracle of Lepanto or Loretto where they would be depicted as heros because they prayed their rosary as they went to war. And the virgin Mary protected them.They use that story to decieve children to know how powerful the rosary is.

And still the they say that the pope on his see can't make a mistake yet under the papacy authority, he allowed the killing of heretics. His action disprove his infallibility dose it not?

Why has the church alway tried to hide her past errors if the church is really holy and can't mislead us as they claim
Re: Why Does The Church Always Try To Hide Their Ugly Past? by drnsoha(m): 8:32pm On Dec 29, 2015
There are popular scriptures used to backup such acts " touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm" or " the church is the lords but the tithe is the pastors".... Religion makes people irresponsible and foolish. God help us all

3 Likes

Re: Why Does The Church Always Try To Hide Their Ugly Past? by yvesboss(m): 10:47pm On Dec 29, 2015
the bible says prove all things....so study hard my man and let the holy spiritguide yu to yur answers
Re: Why Does The Church Always Try To Hide Their Ugly Past? by ScofieldBello(m): 11:08pm On Dec 29, 2015
The words FOOLISH and IRRESPONSIBLE are understatement! They are doomed.

drnsoha:
There are popular scriptures used to backup such acts " touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm" or " the church is the lords but the tithe is the pastors".... Religion makes people irresponsible and foolish. God help us all
Re: Why Does The Church Always Try To Hide Their Ugly Past? by ValentineMary(m): 11:42pm On Dec 29, 2015
yvesboss:
the bible says prove all things....so study hard my man and let the holy spiritguide yu to yur answers

"Pray to the holy spirit to reveal to you". That. is the biggest lie ever told. And moreover I don't need any holy spirit to explain with killing is. Especially at the crusade.
Re: Why Does The Church Always Try To Hide Their Ugly Past? by yvesboss(m): 11:05am On Dec 30, 2015
ValentineMary:

"Pray to the holy spirit to reveal to you". That. is the biggest lie ever told. And moreover I don't need any holy spirit to explain with killing is. Especially at the crusade.

be guilded my man
Re: Why Does The Church Always Try To Hide Their Ugly Past? by ValentineMary(m): 12:54pm On Dec 30, 2015
yvesboss:

be guilded my man
How?

(1) (Reply)

University Of Holy Spirit (pics) / Will Folks That Have Never Heard About Jesus Christ Enter The Kingdom Of God / Sin After Baptism:is It Forgivable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.