Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

DECEMBER WEDDING WEEKENDS | An Editorial - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / DECEMBER WEDDING WEEKENDS | An Editorial (569 Views)

Weekends Jobs / Happy Birthday To Me And All Nairalanders Born Today | Special Editorial / I Am Available For Event Ushering Job(weekends Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

DECEMBER WEDDING WEEKENDS | An Editorial by JUSTICEOFFICIAL(m): 10:38pm On Dec 29, 2015
How many weddings did you attend this year?
justiceokwudike.com/2015/12/29/december-wedding-weekends/

As a youth here in this part of the world, you are mandated with the social responsibility of attending weddings the week after you receive your certificate of discharge from NYSC!

For the females, they are usually “contracted” with one role or the other to play (after only about 3 invitations, some of them will write on their social media pages, “when will it be my turn?” with a sad-face emoji) For the guys, it’s nothing serious, just for hook-ups and the food

Re: DECEMBER WEDDING WEEKENDS | An Editorial by JUSTICEOFFICIAL(m): 10:49pm On Dec 29, 2015
Speaking of food, what’s this hype about Nigerian jollof and its comparison with Ghanaian jollof rice? (anyone with vital information as to where i can try out Ghanaian jollof in lagos should please let me know)

I never really fancied attending weddings (probably because am not much of an “outty” person) the first wedding i attended was because it was compulsory- it was my sister’s wedding. I particularly like December weddings, i admire the dry and cool weather, the love in the air and all of the festivities that comes with the season and you don’t have to pray that rainy clouds be moved to someplace else other that the vicinity of your own wedding.

Fixing a wedding in this time of year can be tricky. For some who have sworn to get married in the current year, it’s more of a ”December or never” affair (atleast to show their “evil-exes” that they did not carryover) I say it’s best to pick the first Saturday so long it’s atleast five (5) working days after the last day of the previous month- November. This will ensure that your guests have been paid their salary in their places of work as this will determine the “spray-ability” of your guests (i know you know what i mean)

The second Saturday of the month is great also but except you plan on having a small number of guests, am not certain about the third or fourth as most people are concerned with the Christmas and new year’s celebration and a good number of your guests may have traveled for the holidays as well.

This year, the major wedding colour scheme have included cream, teal green and fuschia pink so it almost as if you didn’t need to bother about buying new clothes, just show up in what you wore at the last wedding.

This month, i attended several weddings, weekend back-to-back, i was exhausted and had to program myself into the Christmas spirit and into the festive mood, it took a lot of courage to set up the Christmas tree which i dumped in the store after last year’s celebration.

In this coming year, i look forward to attending a series of weddings and sharing in the joy of happily marrying couples and i hope to attend yours too…

Happy married life to all those who tied the knot this month and a happy new year in advance to everyone!

Source/Full article on www.justiceokwudike.com

(1) (Reply)

8weeks Shoe And Bag Making Class. / All In Store.. / Professional Cruiser For Your Executive Comfort

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.