Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,788 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:34 PM

BEANS: Best Food Turn Sour. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / BEANS: Best Food Turn Sour. (2093 Views)

I Sell Dry And Sour Ijebu Garri 7000/bag in lagos / Has Your Best Food Ever Turned An Enemy? / Igbo Vs Yoruba Which Tribe Cooks The Best Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BEANS: Best Food Turn Sour. by Dinzelflash(m): 9:04pm On Dec 30, 2015
way back since when i was a kid, i have always loved eating beans, either it is beans and garri ijebu kiss, or with bread(breadi ati ewa goin) cool or basically just eating the beans just like that. i eat it with no complications i.e fart-free undecided, rare visits to the toilet or stomach upsets...
but this days i don't know wah they put in preserving this beans or maybe the beans they harvest this days are immuture, there is no time i will eat beans and not have running stomach or gas flaring out ma ar$e . in fact i'm scared on eating beans nowadays cry
i dunno if i'm the only one experiencing this...what might be the sudden change in the beans delicacy? food scientist in the house kindly throw more light on this.. thanks.

1 Like

Re: BEANS: Best Food Turn Sour. by udysweet(f): 4:24am On Dec 31, 2015
Maybe u shd try parboiling it,and let's see how it goes

1 Like

Re: BEANS: Best Food Turn Sour. by Dinzelflash(m): 8:29am On Dec 31, 2015
udysweet:
Maybe u shd try parboiling it,and let's see how it goes
yea done that b4 it's less harmful, but it's not as sweeter compare to the normal way it should be cooked.. Shey u know?
Re: BEANS: Best Food Turn Sour. by udysweet(f): 5:07pm On Dec 31, 2015
Yeah you're right to an extent tho,but of cos with enough ingredients you shdnt feel it much esp if its an ewa "oloyin"
By d way you might wanna change your "soar" to "sour" wink
Dinzelflash:
yea done that b4 it's less harmful, but it's not as sweeter compare to the normal way it should be cooked.. Shey u know?
Re: BEANS: Best Food Turn Sour. by Dinzelflash(m): 5:15pm On Dec 31, 2015
udysweet:
Yeah you're right to an extent tho,but of cos with enough ingredients you shdnt feel it much esp if its an ewa "oloyin"
By d way you might wanna change your "soar" to "sour" wink
hmm u seem to be an expert in the beans delicacy.. Ur favourite also?
Re: BEANS: Best Food Turn Sour. by Immarocks(f): 2:01pm On Jan 04, 2016
add a little potash when perboiling. it helps with all that problem n helps softening it fast instead of soaking it for n boiling (long process).
Re: BEANS: Best Food Turn Sour. by udysweet(f): 6:50pm On Jan 04, 2016
Dinzelflash:
hmm u seem to be an expert in the beans delicacy.. Ur favourite also?
Loool,nope. I only eat it when I get the urge to.
Re: BEANS: Best Food Turn Sour. by Dinzelflash(m): 5:26am On Jan 06, 2016
udysweet:

Loool,nope. I only eat it when I get the urge to.
that's good to know.
Re: BEANS: Best Food Turn Sour. by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 05, 2016
Dinzelflash:
yea me too i have similar case but since i started perboiling d beans it was ok

(1) (Reply)

Onion Price: See How Your Stew Will Look Without Onions!. / Places To Find Cheap Food Items In Lagos – OFFER SERVICE / Please Recommend A Blender To Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.