Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,750 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Liverpool Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 13th January 2015 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 13th January 2015 (26049 Views)

Chelsea Vs Leicester City (0 - 0) On 13th January 2018 / Barcelona Vs Real Madrid: Super Cup (1 - 3) On 13th August 2017 / AFC Bournemouth Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 3rd January 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liverpool Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 13th January 2015 by Omooba77: 9:26pm On Dec 30, 2015
Liverpool vs Arsenal is a mid week game on January 13 at Anfield.
We've got lines coming into us all the time and reporter Andy Burton has just spoken to Arsene Wenger at Arsenal. He tells us they'll have the in-form Mesut Ozil and Mathieu Flamini available for the trip to Liverpool. Tomas Rosicky - who has been out since last summer after knee surgery - is also back in full training but he's not expected to be in the squad.

Adding to his comments about Alexis Sanchez earlier, Wenger explains he has developed well since he was hurt at Norwich and said: "We try to be cautious with him - if you listen to Alexis he's always fit to play."

Arsène Wenger reported the following team news ahead of the Premier League game against Liverpool:
on the team news…
We will have to test Ospina who was not available on Saturday. We have Rosicky back in training so the situation is getting better.
on Ospina…
Ospina is a muscular issue and we have to check if he will be available or not. Overall I think he has a 60/40 chance to make it.
on Tomas Rosicky…
He will be back in full training this week, it is fantastic because he has been out for very long and it is good to know that a player of that calibre is back in our squad.
on Alexis…
We think he will be short for Wednesday, he has a chance to be available for Sunday [against Stoke]. He is always keen to play. If you listen to Alexis, he can always play - even when he is injured. We try to be cautious. With a muscular injury you never exactly how big the risk but he is very close. If you look at him training he is very close.
Arsenal travel to Anfield on Wednesday evening to face an injury stricken Liverpool side. The Klopp effect seems to have slightly worn off with Liverpool struggling for consistency in recent weeks. Much of this can be put down to a punishing schedule colliding with a change in system and half the squad out with injuries. Liverpool's inconsistency is both blessing and curse for Arsenal.

With Man City hosting Everton and Leicester travelling to White Hart Lane there is potential for Arsenal to increase their lead at the top of the table. Everton are more than capable of taking the game to City and Leicester will have to face a mean Spurs defence without Vardy leading the line.

Arsenal's momentum and greater quality should see them comfortably back onto the team coach to London with 3 points. Overcoming a depleted Liverpool side suffering from inconsistency and fixture overload - if they win the FA Cup replay against Exeter they could play 9 games in January alone - should be straightforward enough for a title chasing team. However, Liverpool's woes makes it difficult to predict what sort of team or system Jurgen Klopp will play and you can never completely ignore home advantage. Arsenal will have to ensure they don't do what they always seem to do and trip themselves up with complacency and overconfidence.
The Gunners managed to come from behind against Sunderland in the FA Cup without Özil and have been performing to a high standard sans big guns like Alexis, Cazorla and Coquelin winning 7 of their last 10 matches with a solitary blip against Southampton on Boxing Day. That said, Arsenal haven't won away in the league since October except to Aston Villa. They'll need to correct this tomorrow night and rack up points on their chasing rivals whilst they can.

LAST 3 MEETINGS

Arsenal 4-1 Sunderland (04.04.2015)
Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal (21.12.2014)
Arsenal 2-1 Liverpool (16.02.2014)
FACTFILE

Only Manchester United (21) have more EPL wins against Arsenal than Liverpool (16).
Liverpool v Arsenal has seen more hat-tricks than any other fixture in EPL history (5).
The last nine league meetings between these clubs at Anfield have seen 35 goals scored (3.9 per match on average).
Liverpool have only beaten Arsenal once in their last 9 fixtures
Mesut Ozil has either scored or assisted 16 of Arsenal's last 24 league goals (three goals, 13 assists).
Liverpool have scored 22 goals in their 20 league fixtures so far this season; the lowest tally after 20 matches of any league campaign.
Arsenal have scored the first goal of the match on 14 occasions in the league this season; more often than any other team.
INJURIES

Tomorrow will be too soon for Alexis who could face Stoke at the weekend. Rosicky is nearing full fitness and Arteta is back in the matchday squad. Welbeck, Wilshere, Coquelin and Cazorla all remain sidelined.

POSSIBLE STARTING XI

Cech; Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal; Flamini, Ramsey, Walcott, Ozil, Campbell; Giroud

GOONERSPHERE'S PREDICTION

1-3 to Arsenal. If the Gunners remain focused they should win this won comfortably.
Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20160111/team-news-rosicky-ospina-and-alexis#Czg9Da22ZqeX28LW.99

Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 13th January 2015 by luvola(m): 6:27pm On Jan 01, 2016
Hypocrisy is when Liverpool fans open a thread and the mod failed to post it on the front page but when it involve assnail vs Liverpool it get to the front page. thunder fire anybody that push this to the front page. we Liverpool fans dnt want our thread again on the front page. Is assnail bigger than liverpool et al !!!! Nonsense!!!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 13th January 2015 by Lordfave(m): 12:29pm On Jan 08, 2016
lolz yhu knw loserpool ain't a match 4 arsenal
luvola:
Hypocrisy is when Liverpool fans open a thread and the mod failed to post it on the front page but when it involve assnail vs Liverpool it get to the front page. thunder fire anybody that push this to the front page. we Liverpool fans dnt want our thread again on the front page. Is assnail bigger than liverpool et al !!!! Nonsense!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 13th January 2015 by Nobody: 6:26am On Jan 09, 2016
luvola:
Your last question gave you away. Liverpool is as relevant as NITEL in today's world.

BTW don't ask me if I am an Arsenal fan.

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 13th January 2015 by luvola(m): 8:15am On Jan 09, 2016
IjogzK:
Your last question gave you away. Liverpool is as relevant as NITEL in today's world.

BTW don't ask me if I am an Arsenal fan.
Yes I mentioned arsenal because the the hegemony of the mod is a fan of That club.
Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 13th January 2015 by Omooba77: 3:12pm On Jan 11, 2016
luvola:
Yes I mentioned arsenal because the the hegemony of the mod is a fan of That club.

Arsenal for the EPL title!

4 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 13th January 2015 by luvola(m): 6:53pm On Jan 11, 2016
we dnt want our thread on front page .. period!!!

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 13th January 2015 by morganacanta: 5:08pm On Jan 13, 2016
Two flop clubs .
Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 13th January 2015 by tommykiwi(m): 5:08pm On Jan 13, 2016
0 vs 2 ft COYG
Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 13th January 2015 by Letsgoandfuck(m): 5:11pm On Jan 13, 2016
Only if arsenal can win this match. The potential payout is more than enough for senatorial form.
Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 13th January 2015 by kobonaire(m): 5:12pm On Jan 13, 2016
Great fixture and since the game is at Anfield, I predict LFC wins 2-1

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 13th January 2015 by timilehin007(m): 5:12pm On Jan 13, 2016
Who notice that this thread was created Dec

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 13th January 2015 by ameminent(m): 5:13pm On Jan 13, 2016
honestly if anyone say two floop clubs d person dnt no soccer because this two club re doing wel nw,but left for 2.1to Liverpool
Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 13th January 2015 by Ponomote(m): 5:14pm On Jan 13, 2016
Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 13th January 2015 by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 13, 2016
Arsena 3 Liverpool 1
Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 13th January 2015 by chiedu7: 5:19pm On Jan 13, 2016

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 13th January 2015 by AHMEDTIENS(m): 5:20pm On Jan 13, 2016
Omooba77:
Liverpool vs Arsenal is a mid week game on January 13 at Anfield.
We've got lines coming into us all the time and reporter Andy Burton has just spoken to Arsene Wenger at Arsenal. He tells us they'll have the in-form Mesut Ozil and Mathieu Flamini available for the trip to Liverpool. Tomas Rosicky - who has been out since last summer after knee surgery - is also back in full training but he's not expected to be in the squad.

Adding to his comments about Alexis Sanchez earlier, Wenger explains he has developed well since he was hurt at Norwich and said: "We try to be cautious with him - if you listen to Alexis he's always fit to play."

Arsène Wenger reported the following team news ahead of the Premier League game against Liverpool:
on the team news…
We will have to test Ospina who was not available on Saturday. We have Rosicky back in training so the situation is getting better.
on Ospina…
Ospina is a muscular issue and we have to check if he will be available or not. Overall I think he has a 60/40 chance to make it.
on Tomas Rosicky…
He will be back in full training this week, it is fantastic because he has been out for very long and it is good to know that a player of that calibre is back in our squad.
on Alexis…
We think he will be short for Wednesday, he has a chance to be available for Sunday [against Stoke]. He is always keen to play. If you listen to Alexis, he can always play - even when he is injured. We try to be cautious. With a muscular injury you never exactly how big the risk but he is very close. If you look at him training he is very close.
Arsenal travel to Anfield on Wednesday evening to face an injury stricken Liverpool side. The Klopp effect seems to have slightly worn off with Liverpool struggling for consistency in recent weeks. Much of this can be put down to a punishing schedule colliding with a change in system and half the squad out with injuries. Liverpool's inconsistency is both blessing and curse for Arsenal.

With Man City hosting Everton and Leicester travelling to White Hart Lane there is potential for Arsenal to increase their lead at the top of the table. Everton are more than capable of taking the game to City and Leicester will have to face a mean Spurs defence without Vardy leading the line.

Arsenal's momentum and greater quality should see them comfortably back onto the team coach to London with 3 points. Overcoming a depleted Liverpool side suffering from inconsistency and fixture overload - if they win the FA Cup replay against Exeter they could play 9 games in January alone - should be straightforward enough for a title chasing team. However, Liverpool's woes makes it difficult to predict what sort of team or system Jurgen Klopp will play and you can never completely ignore home advantage. Arsenal will have to ensure they don't do what they always seem to do and trip themselves up with complacency and overconfidence.
The Gunners managed to come from behind against Sunderland in the FA Cup without Özil and have been performing to a high standard sans big guns like Alexis, Cazorla and Coquelin winning 7 of their last 10 matches with a solitary blip against Southampton on Boxing Day. That said, Arsenal haven't won away in the league since October except to Aston Villa. They'll need to correct this tomorrow night and rack up points on their chasing rivals whilst they can.

LAST 3 MEETINGS

Arsenal 4-1 Sunderland (04.04.2015)
Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal (21.12.2014)
Arsenal 2-1 Liverpool (16.02.2014)
FACTFILE

Only Manchester United (21) have more EPL wins against Arsenal than Liverpool (16).
Liverpool v Arsenal has seen more hat-tricks than any other fixture in EPL history (5).
The last nine league meetings between these clubs at Anfield have seen 35 goals scored (3.9 per match on average).
Liverpool have only beaten Arsenal once in their last 9 fixtures
Mesut Ozil has either scored or assisted 16 of Arsenal's last 24 league goals (three goals, 13 assists).
Liverpool have scored 22 goals in their 20 league fixtures so far this season; the lowest tally after 20 matches of any league campaign.
Arsenal have scored the first goal of the match on 14 occasions in the league this season; more often than any other team.
INJURIES

Tomorrow will be too soon for Alexis who could face Stoke at the weekend. Rosicky is nearing full fitness and Arteta is back in the matchday squad. Welbeck, Wilshere, Coquelin and Cazorla all remain sidelined.

POSSIBLE STARTING XI

Cech; Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal; Flamini, Ramsey, Walcott, Ozil, Campbell; Giroud

GOONERSPHERE'S PREDICTION

1-3 to Arsenal. If the Gunners remain focused they should win this won comfortably.
Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20160111/team-news-rosicky-ospina-and-alexis#Czg9Da22ZqeX28LW.99
I pray Asernal have it all
Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 13th January 2015 by AHMEDTIENS(m): 5:21pm On Jan 13, 2016
I pray Asernal have it all
Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 13th January 2015 by bamidell(m): 5:24pm On Jan 13, 2016
Its just irritating and disgusting how some people talk of success, success is based on history, and I don't know how on earth a senseless being will tell me arsenal is more relevant than LIVERPOOL, you should count the number of trophy Liverpool have won since 2004 when u last won a premiere league if not for the current double FA cup success... Go to hell arsenal fan because you are all meant to live in the arsenal of ikeja military cantoment .... YNWA

After all the bullshit, with injury all over anfield, 1 little boy will come around and tell me arsenal are the better team... I love my team... And I aren't gonna trade them for a platter of GOLD

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 13th January 2015 by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 13, 2016
Gunners are the most dumbest sets of fans I've ever seen.
Hypertensive manager,
Hypertensive fans,
Hypertensive Owners/stake holders,
Amateur players,

They claim to be an arsenal with the best weaponry, yet good teams keep using their weapon to poke them in the assssss

I spit on arsenal........... Ffuck Wenger

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 13th January 2015 by Electroviruz(m): 5:26pm On Jan 13, 2016
Arsenal really need d match.... Ill-driven liverpool side are jst too dull for my liking..Nah 1 be deir highest score since November
Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 13th January 2015 by Trailblazer1(m): 5:31pm On Jan 13, 2016
grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 13th January 2015 by allytinted: 5:31pm On Jan 13, 2016
Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 13th January 2015 by ojaykaz(m): 5:32pm On Jan 13, 2016
hopefully we (LFC) winning today....YNWA

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 13th January 2015 by Trailblazer1(m): 5:33pm On Jan 13, 2016
TheSlyone:
Hypertensive manager,
Hypertensive fans,
Amateur players,

They claim to be an arsenal with the best weaponry, yet good teams keep using their weapon to poke them in the assssss

See frustration shocked shocked shocked

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 13th January 2015 by hollywater: 5:34pm On Jan 13, 2016
Up gunners go and get the 3points.

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 13th January 2015 by kennosklint(m): 5:35pm On Jan 13, 2016
Liverpull 0:2 arsenal sure winnin 4 us.AFCS:arsenal football club supporters, I'm here to take attendance arsene wenger have somtin 4 those of us present 2day here in NL.oya signify urself...
Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 13th January 2015 by hollywater: 5:36pm On Jan 13, 2016
TheSlyone:
Hypertensive manager,
Hypertensive fans,
Amateur players,

E Pain Ammm.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 13th January 2015 by bamidell(m): 5:40pm On Jan 13, 2016
Electroviruz:
Arsenal really need d match.... Ill-driven liverpool side are jst too dull for my liking..Nah 1 be deir highest score since November
guy, I can see u are a dumb ass, you need to check the past result again, I guess u are high on weed or suffering from amnesia

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Portugal Vs Iceland : Euro 2016 (1 - 1) On 14th June 2016 / Chelsea Vs West Ham (2 - 1) On 3rd September 2022 / Aston Villa Vs Manchester City (1 - 6) On 12th January 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.