Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Wordpress Guru Needed Here - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Wordpress Guru Needed Here (969 Views)

Xeneforo & Mybb Guru Needed / Wordpress Guru/showcase------Free premium templates on demand / Wordpress Guru Should Enter Pls Should Enter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wordpress Guru Needed Here by amhackdee(m): 10:05pm On Dec 30, 2015
After changing a wp website permalink to /%postname%/

And i try accessing the about page
It goes blank when types this way www.website.com/about
But loads normally when types this way www.website.com/about/

I have checked the .htaccess
Checked the wp_option

What do you think is wrong?
Re: Wordpress Guru Needed Here by cyberwaver(m): 10:54pm On Dec 30, 2015
delete .htacess file and go back to permalink settings and set it back to /%postname%/ it will rebuild .htaccess file. Try and let me know
Re: Wordpress Guru Needed Here by amhackdee(m): 11:18pm On Dec 30, 2015
cyberwaver:
delete .htacess file and go back to permalink settings and set it back to /%postname%/ it will rebuild .htaccess file. Try and let me know
Thanks man, i did that.

It has been resolved, the issue is from a plugin, i had to rename plugin folder from file manager, then locate the plugin causing the wahala, after that, i download a new version of the plugin, the overide the previous one.

After that, everything works fine.

Thanks.
Re: Wordpress Guru Needed Here by webincomeplus(m): 6:35am On Dec 31, 2015
amhackdee:
Thanks man, i did that.

It has been resolved, the issue is from a plugin, i had to rename plugin folder from file manager, then locate the plugin causing the wahala, after that, i download a new version of the plugin, the overide the previous one.

After that, everything works fine.

Thanks.
It would be nice of you to disclose the name of that plugin, so that others can avoid it.
Re: Wordpress Guru Needed Here by cyberwaver(m): 8:44am On Dec 31, 2015
webincomeplus:

It would be nice of you to disclose the name of that plugin, so that others can avoid it.
Yes Abass that will be nice tho
Re: Wordpress Guru Needed Here by webincomeplus(m): 9:06am On Dec 31, 2015
cyberwaver:
Yes Abass that will be nice tho
Chai! You just stripped me of my anonymity. No offence, though.
Re: Wordpress Guru Needed Here by cyberwaver(m): 9:09am On Dec 31, 2015
webincomeplus:

Chai! You just stripped me of my anonymity. No offence, though.
Lol! , I didn't mean to but i cannot hide the fact that you are a guru and an inspiration to many including me, Keep doing the good work Mr Abass Toriola.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Wordpress Guru Needed Here by amhackdee(m): 12:41pm On Dec 31, 2015
webincomeplus:

master slider
Re: Wordpress Guru Needed Here by afrideo(m): 1:18pm On Dec 31, 2015
cyberwaver:
Pls if you might be able to advise, facebook is not picking my correct thumbnail for my wordpres post. What do i do to resolve this
Re: Wordpress Guru Needed Here by cyberwaver(m): 9:34am On Jan 01, 2016
afrideo:

Pls if you might be able to advise, facebook is not picking my correct thumbnail for my wordpres post. What do i do to resolve this
Yes the problem is that Facebook and other social media always show thumbnail of resolution of at least 200x200 , if your image is lesser than that it will be hard for your thumbnail to show along with the shared post . All you need is to enlarge your images to that size then it will be picked. Try that and let me know of any other issue am happy to help.
Re: Wordpress Guru Needed Here by afrideo(m): 9:39am On Jan 01, 2016
cyberwaver:
Yes the problem is that Facebook and other social media always show thumbnail of resolution of at least 200x200 , if your image is lesser than that it will be hard for your thumbnail to show along with the shared post . All you need is to enlarge your images to that size then it will be picked. Try that and let me know of any other issue am happy to help.
Noted, i we start to edit all my images to that size
Re: Wordpress Guru Needed Here by cyberwaver(m): 6:34pm On Jan 01, 2016
afrideo:

Noted, i we start to edit all my images to that size
Goodluck
Re: Wordpress Guru Needed Here by afrideo(m): 8:47pm On Jan 01, 2016
cyberwaver:
Goodluck
Do you handle wordpres customization job
Re: Wordpress Guru Needed Here by cyberwaver(m): 8:49pm On Jan 01, 2016
afrideo:

Do you handle wordpres customization job
Why did you ask?
Re: Wordpress Guru Needed Here by afrideo(m): 9:45pm On Jan 01, 2016
cyberwaver:
Why did you ask?
Cuz i want a job dne 4 me
Re: Wordpress Guru Needed Here by cyberwaver(m): 10:41pm On Jan 01, 2016
afrideo:

Cuz i want a job dne 4 me
OK state your job, or you want it to be private send me a mail using ==> hope.praise.hp@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

How To Setup Custom Robots To Improve Your Blogger Blog For Seo / How Do I Change My .com To .com Alone / Free Naiajaloaded.com.ng Template

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.