Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,163 members, 7,838,979 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Christianity----------where We Are Going (3) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity----------where We Are Going (3) (354 Views)

Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? / Christianity--- Where We Are / CHRISTIANITY- Where We Are Coming From 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christianity----------where We Are Going (3) by Delejumi(m): 1:32pm On Dec 31, 2015
Having checked where we are coming from (1) and where we are (2) as a Christians, like to conclude with where we are going (3) as a Christians. This is not exclusively what it is all about but rather part of what we should know and part of what we should be expecting.
It must be at the back of our mind as Christians that we should not be expecting anything less than the present corruption we are having in this present age. With all effrontery, anyone that is desiring a better world and a better environment is only deceiving himself. While there may be further breakthrough and advancement in technology, also there will be increase in the standard of living and of a surety, the world economy will be on the rise as time comes, these does not in any way neglect the word of Jesus Christ.
“But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.” (Matt 24:37 KJV)
The question is now, what happened in the days of Noah? Let us go in retrospect.

“And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.” (Gen 6:5-8KJV)

This was the state of the first world and it was very clear that God was not interested in repairing the earth hence this statement:

“And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.” (Gen 6:3KJV).
c
What should we then be expecting?
As a Christian, our focus should not be outside God as the world cannot be better than what it is presently. God is only refraining from releasing His judgment on the earth if perhaps you will come to repentance and you and I will severe ourselves from this corrupt world.
Don’t forget

“Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” (2 Peter 3:6-9 KJV)

RUHAMAH
http://delejumi..com.ng/2015/12/christianity-where-we-are-going-3.html

(1) (Reply)

Understanding God's Consuming Fire!!!! / The Words Of God That Will Deliver You From Bondage. / What Is Spirituality?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.