Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,287 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

My Grand Father Needs A Hearing Aid - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Grand Father Needs A Hearing Aid (746 Views)

Chinese Doctor Grows New Ear On Man's Arm To Restore His Hearing(photos) / My Grand Father Needs A Hearing Aid / How Much Is Hearing Aid And Where Can Someone Get It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Grand Father Needs A Hearing Aid by Amakortee: 2:50pm On Dec 31, 2015
For my grand father to hear 'papa good morning', u would have to come close to him and raise ur voice. It wasnt like this about 5 years ago. Though he has been complaining that he has difficuty in hearing until u come closer. He is over 90 years and he still trek to the town hall meeting. I feel he needs a hearing aid. Doctors in d house, pls what kind of hearing aid can i suggest to my dad to buy for him so that sounds would be naturaly amplified for him? Where and how much can it be bought? Or any other advice. Thanks
Re: My Grand Father Needs A Hearing Aid by Lexusgs430: 9:26am On Jan 01, 2016
You need to take Grandpa to an ENT department, so his listening can be tested and proper hearing aid issued. Not best to just buy without proper testing(it would just be like buying a Toyota's radiator and expecting it to fit a DAF lorry).

1 Like

Re: My Grand Father Needs A Hearing Aid by Amakortee: 9:36am On Jan 02, 2016
Lexusgs430:
You need to take Grandpa to an ENT department, so his listening can be tested and proper hearing aid issued. Not best to just buy without proper testing(it would just be like buying a Toyota's radiator and expecting it to fit a DAF lorry).
thank u
Re: My Grand Father Needs A Hearing Aid by Nobody: 3:31am On Jan 03, 2016
You can't just buy him any hearing aid. His ears need to be examined first in order to determine the type of hearing aid he needs. Many Doctors can conduct the test or you can take him to an Audiologist. I'm glad your grandpa is still able-bodied at 90+! He sounds like a trooper! Yay, grandpa!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Tips: Help The Penis To Help The Vigina. / How To Get Pregnant After A Miscarriage / People You Should Avoid Sleeping With In This Heat Period

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.