Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,300 members, 7,853,388 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:41 PM

Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? (2183 Views)

Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent / How A Facebook User Was Scammed Of #1000 At Victoria Island (must Read) / I Was Scammed On Jiji.... JIJI is Filled With Scammers..please Help!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by musicwriter(m): 3:10pm On Dec 31, 2015
When we talk about corruption in Nigeria, nobody seems to remember that corruption doesn't only happen in government, but in Nigerian companies. Corruption going on in the private sector is as huge as in government. I have had a case where a Nigerian bank stole my money by simply deleting the record of the inflow. It took the intervention of my contacts in high places to recover it. The bank later claimed it was a mistake and a senior staff apologized for their crime. Recently, I found out all the staffs involved in the failed theft are still working in that bank today, even got promoted!. These are people that were caught red-handed stealing a customer's money!.

Huge scams are being ran even by the phone networks and nobody seems to care.

On December 29th, I paid N7,000 to renew my spectranet 4LTE internet which normally will fetch 20GBs. They said they're running a double offer promo, meaning I would have 40GBs.

After paying, my modern suddenly went "No service". It's been three days now and no internet connection still. I have emailed their office repeatedly and all I get is "we're working on it". I've been to their office twice and was told they don't have any technical support person to attend to my case. Therefore, my money is gone and nothing can be done about it.

Unknown to them, I have other people using this network in my neighborhood, have investigated and found out they have no service at all in my area, yet they're still selling and collecting money from innocent Nigerians, whether or not they have service in your area or not. This is a crime!!.

As I speak, I'm browsing with a SIM card, which I don't normally use as they're too expensive and slow for my online class videos and YouTube.

Please let me know, if you're affected by this massive scam. I want Nigerians to know how ugly some of the companies operating in this country could be.

I have considered taking them to court or taking laws into my own hands. Getting a gun and walking into any of their office and shooting as many staffs as possible will help bring the government to knowledge of various scams being endured by Nigerians without any solution in sight. I believe it will also help Nigerian companies sit up.

I do not make threats of what I cannot do. We cannot all sit down and expect change, cause change doesn't come that way. Change comes by TAKING ACTION against something. I need to do something to help in the fight against corruption. I'll rather die than have a company scam me of my hard earned money.
Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by bigtt76(f): 3:32pm On Dec 31, 2015
Go sidon joooooorr grin
Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by musicwriter(m): 3:38pm On Dec 31, 2015
bigtt76:
Go sidon joooooorr grin

My sister, if you know me you'll know I'm not joking. Please print a copy of my post and keep it.

It is not about the money, I'll do this for the teeming suffering Nigerians. May be this country will sit up then. I have no time to joke around.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by MoonChildng: 3:45pm On Dec 31, 2015
Maybe a problem with your area or modem,do a battery pull and try again
Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by Day11(m): 3:51pm On Dec 31, 2015
Internet connection can frustrate a man.

I support the OP by taking a legal action against them. Crime is Crime no matter the weight.
Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by musicwriter(m): 3:54pm On Dec 31, 2015
MoonChildng:
Maybe a problem with your area or modem,do a battery pull and try again

All that already done. My hypothesis is their server may be inundated due to the christmas bonus they claim to offer.

Therefore, they shouldn't continue collecting more money from innocent customers. My annoyance is they're still collecting money from customers knowing fully well they're server is bankrupt.
Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by MoonChildng: 3:55pm On Dec 31, 2015
I use spectranet too and except for the fact that my youtube videos dont load as fast its work very fine,thats why i'm thinking it may be your area
musicwriter:

All that already done. My hypothesis is their server may be inundated due to the christmas bonus they claim to offer.

Therefore, they shouldn't continue collecting more money from innocent customers. My annoyance is they're still collecting money from customers knowing fully well they're server is bankrupt.
Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by musicwriter(m): 3:57pm On Dec 31, 2015
Day11:
Internet connection can frustrate a man.

I support the OP by taking a legal action against them. Crime is Crime no matter the weight.

I've considered legal action, but that wouldn't be useful to achieve my goal. I want to set a record instead, may be from here on this country can begin to get a positive direction going forward.
Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by musicwriter(m): 3:59pm On Dec 31, 2015
MoonChildng:
I use spectranet too and except for the fact that my youtube videos dont load as fast its work very fine,thats why i'm thinking it may be your area

Yes, it's my area. Therefore, they ought to stop collecting money from innocent customers from that location.
Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by MoonChildng: 4:02pm On Dec 31, 2015
Ooh ok i wont know about that
musicwriter:

Yes, it's my area. Therefore, they ought to stop collecting money from innocent customers from that location.
Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by bigtt76(f): 4:30pm On Dec 31, 2015
I got double data though but I've not used it since then. I'm on holiday so can't say if it's deliberate or not but would advise you call them. It's very possible issue is base station related.

musicwriter:

My sister, if you know me you'll know I'm not joking. Please print a copy of my post and keep it.

It is not about the money, I'll do this for the teeming suffering Nigerians. May be this country will sit up then. I have no time to joke around.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by musicwriter(m): 5:04pm On Dec 31, 2015
bigtt76:
I got double data though but I've not used it since then. I'm on holiday so can't say if it's deliberate or not but would advise you call them. It's very possible issue is base station related.

Yes, it's base station related. Therefore, they ought to stop collecting money from people within that footprint. But, what are they doing?. They continue collecting money from people!. This's a huge crime in a sane clime!!.
Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by coolh3ad(m): 5:42pm On Dec 31, 2015
True Talk ooooo..I am experiencing the same problem with spectranet oo...I have not been able to use my spectranet wifi for about 2 days now....Abeg sue them jor...
Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by porshuch: 3:23am On Jan 01, 2016
Mine is working, though I paid for 2 months.
Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by porshuch: 3:24am On Jan 01, 2016
Try it again.
Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by talk2archy: 2:24pm On Jan 01, 2016
i dont even undrstand their services any longer, i only have one bar in my area, a major city in lagos yet i still be to hang d modem b4 i could get 2 bars so i stop recharging after d first subscription. this issue must not be ignored plzzz!
Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by okuya: 10:02pm On Jan 01, 2016
Just throw away their modem, and count ur loss instead of recharging and incurring more loss, 'telling u from experience
Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by Mizwisdom(f): 7:16am On Jan 02, 2016
I stopped using their service three months ago.
Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by AgoraRoad(m): 8:20am On Jan 02, 2016
I think you should shoot everyone in there office or better yet go to a corporate office and shoot the CEO crooks like these will never stop stealing money from innocent Nigerians.
Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by qtx(m): 2:18pm On Jan 02, 2016
musicwriter:
When we talk about corruption in Nigeria, nobody seems to remember that corruption doesn't only happen in government, but in Nigerian companies. Corruption going on in the private sector is as huge as in government. I have had a case where a Nigerian bank stole my money by simply deleting the record of the inflow. It took the intervention of my contacts in high places to recover it. The bank later claimed it was a mistake and a senior staff apologized for their crime. Recently, I found out all the staffs involved in the failed theft are still working in that bank today, even got promoted!. These are people that were caught red-handed stealing a customer's money!.

On December 29th, I paid N7,000 to renew my spectranet 4LTE internet which normally will fetch 20GBs. They said they're running a double offer promo, meaning I would have 40GBs.

After paying, my modern suddenly went "No service". It's been three days now and no internet connection still. I have emailed their office repeatedly and all I get is "we're working on it". I've been to their office twice and was told they don't have any technical support person to attend to my case. Therefore, my money is gone and nothing can be done about it.

Unknown to them, I have other people using this network in my neighborhood, have investigated and found out they have no service at all in my area, yet they're still selling and collecting money from innocent Nigerians, whether or not they have service in your area or not. This is a crime!!.

As I speak, I'm browsing with a SIM card, which I don't normally use as they're too expensive and slow for my online class videos and YouTube.

Please let me know, if you're affected by this massive scam. I want Nigerians to know how ugly some of the companies operating in this country could be.

I have considered taking them to court or taking laws into my own hands. Getting a gun and walking into any of their office and shooting as many staffs as possible will help bring the government to knowledge of various scams being endured by Nigerians without any solution in sight. I believe it will also help Nigerian companies sit up.

I do not make threats of what I cannot do. We cannot all sit down and expect change, cause change doesn't come that way. Change comes by TAKING ACTION against something. I need to do something to help in the fight against corruption. I'll rather die than have a company scam me of my hard earned money.
Really painful, i had a bad experience of poor network too at some point. I also currently use their 7k plan similar to urs, but i think am lucky cos their service in my area is a bit ok. I recently renewed this Dec for 20GB plan which was actually doubled as you said. What i may advise you to do is go back there and let them know you are about to institute a court case against them. Insist you want to talk to a manager or if possible their MD else you are taking them to court. As for violence? no bro. Slow down. I know someone has to die for the right thing to happen atime, but your life is precious to your family and God. However, just in case you are bent on the violent option, let me know the branch so i will tell some of the staff i know there to zap in case its the branch i know and am familiar with grin.
Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by crowne: 12:16am On Jan 03, 2016
Hi.
Just got a new spectranet modem.

Please how do you auto renew and ensure your data rolls over.
Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by musicwriter(m): 12:52pm On Jan 14, 2016
Just in case someone is following this thread, I want to report that spectranet finally rectified the problem 2 weeks to the expiration of my subscription. And this was after several visit to their offices. Of course, I insisted on getting the full 30 days subscription duration that I paid for.

Sheer ineptitude of staffs was the cause of the problem. People who have no business occupying an office position are employed to do a job they know little about. An open-secret, a common Nigerian problem of using who you know to get a job, instead of your qualification.
Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by andyanders: 11:15pm On Jan 15, 2016
musicwriter:

Very painful my brother.90% of service providers in Nigeria are thieves and NCC is doing nothing in bringing these robbers to book. In developed countries, they pay dearly for this.

(1) (Reply)

Gunmen Shot Dead By Worshipper During Attempted Robbery In Church / Abiola Garden Ketu Axis Is A Danger Zone Almost Got Killed / Another Abandoned Baby :(

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.