Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

What Would Jesus Do To Celebrate His Birthday? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Would Jesus Do To Celebrate His Birthday? (1831 Views)

Pastor Joshua-Iginla Gives Out 22-Cars And Other Gifts To Celebrate Birthday / She Finally Agreed To Give Him Sex On His Birthday / What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Would Jesus Do To Celebrate His Birthday? by wagbaje: 4:27am On Jun 13, 2009
Most people celebrate their birthday by having dinner at a restaurant, sitting down chatting at a café, watching movies, having fun at their favourite hang out places, or holding a party. What about men of God? I have seen many pastor celebrating their birthday by having a big party in their churches or holding a concert. How do we, children of God actually celebrate our birthday? Is it necessary?

From my point of view, celebrating birthday is not necessary if it is just all about fun or without thinking what God has done in our live and how far we have gone. I actually agree with celebrating birthday. Well, now the question is what is the value? For what purpose? These days, my Internet speed is quiet good so therefore, I watched Emmanuel TV from the Internet, www.emmanuel.tv since I don’t have the satellite dish and wow! I was so amazed with Pastor TB Joshua. As a big man of God, well known all over the World, he did not holding a big party with people that matter in the society in his big church. Instead, he hold a meeting with the disabled people, orphans, dwarfs, widows/widowers, and the aged people. He invited them all not just to preach the Gospel but also he prepared food for those less-privileged people and not even food in a box, but the food was personally served by the evangelists there on the beautifully decorated tables and chairs. Oh, I really don’t know what to say. It’s not yet enough, he also distributed bags of rice and Money to all the people that came and scholarship to some of them. This is why I respect this man so much. This was the last year’s celebration. This year, he ask the congregation no to come to church to celebrate his birthday and use their money to buy this or that for him as a birthday gifts. He urged them to celebrate his birthday outside in their own areas with the needy. It was so touchy. This is just the picture of Jesus Christ. In Matthew 20:28, Jesus came to serve, not to be served. In fact.

Let’s go back to the actual topic, if Jesus were still here on earth, what would Jesus do to celebrate His birthday? This is the question for us all. We live not to emulate men or pastors, but God. During His earthly ministry, Jesus always helped to settle the matter of human being. As children of God we are to be like our Father, we’re supposed to celebrate our birthday by helping others, putting smile on their faces. If our Father is a Prolem Solver, we too, we must be problem solver. We are created in our heart to be like Jesus. Bros, one point that I remember, Pastor TB Joshua said that we begin to succeed in life when problem of others becomes our own. In other words, we must be problem solver. Wow, this is exactly what the Bible says, “Whatsoever you do to the least of your fellow brothers, that you do unto Me”.

What do you think? Send your comment, please.

(1) (Reply)

Wu Wrote D Gospel Of Barnabas. / My God Answers Prayers / Visions Of Multiple Strange Lunar/solar Round Objects Appearing In The Sky.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.