Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Crowdfunding- Projects ( Initial 1,000 Members Wanted) - Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Adverts / Crowdfunding- Projects ( Initial 1,000 Members Wanted) (1821 Views)

MTN DATA , 1GIG Now 1,000 Naira !!! Hurry / 10 Bot Members Wanted For An INTERNATIONAL NGO. / The Cheapest Bulk Sms Platform, N1.20k For Minimum Of 1,000 Units! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crowdfunding- Projects ( Initial 1,000 Members Wanted) by CFNproject: 5:01pm On Jun 13, 2009
Hello there, this is an initiative that has been proven, to work around the world. but has not really gained ground in Africa. Nigeria especially, we have seen ourselves as smart people, but for the most part we are seen as  A NEGATIVE  PEOPLE.

we have put together this idea, but are looking for 1,000 initial members to help put together the whole idea and package it for a more larger crowd ( in excess of 100,000 nigerian home and abroad.

if you are on this social network then you qualify, but we a looking for people of great vision and social networking skills.

To start with we need suggestion of projects and ideas that can be crowdfunded by the power of the people.

This initial  1000 people will be the governing body out of the 100,000 members expected.

loads of other benefits awaits initial members.

EXAMPLE

Hypothetically speaking, 50,000 people putting money and resources together in south Africa to buy a football team or 35,000 people crowdfunding to bring Mcdonald  retaurant franchise  to thier country.

presently we have few members with various backgrounds and experiences and have done enough to see that it can work in Nigeria as a people. It's fun and lucrative to every member, as they all have voting rights and management input.

its an opensource business model that requires crowdsourcing and thinktank concept to support the CROWDFUNDING PROJECT.
Re: Crowdfunding- Projects ( Initial 1,000 Members Wanted) by Hotdapps(m): 5:14pm On Jun 13, 2009
well said Oga, i have actually seen it work in Trinidad & tobago where i visited a family friend last year. But dont know how it works. i think you will need to trow more light on the subject for people to grasp this.

Quick

Do you have any project in mind and how much will the crowd contribute?

cheers
Re: Crowdfunding- Projects ( Initial 1,000 Members Wanted) by CFNproject: 5:31pm On Jun 13, 2009
@ hotdapps

The fun of the whole thing is that no single one person determine the way to invest. initially we will need a community website that every member will have access to, where everyone can share ideas and voting can be carried out on suggested ideas and ways to execute projects.

For now we have seen  few areas where crowdfunding can be applied in nigeria e.g real estate, food chain business, transportation or any other un-identified areas.

can you imagine 50,000 people contributing N2,000 each. got the result?

THATS THE POWER OF CROWDFUNDING.
Re: Crowdfunding- Projects ( Initial 1,000 Members Wanted) by duabba: 5:45pm On Jun 13, 2009
It is a nice concept. But the most important thing is bringing people of like minds together so as not to have disagreement over little issues and they must agree to leave management in the hands of a few. The problem with Nigerians is the ITK syndrome. Someone who has same N2000 equity would make more noise than all others combined. Nice idea though!
Re: Crowdfunding- Projects ( Initial 1,000 Members Wanted) by chicsybabe: 5:50pm On Jun 13, 2009
@ CFNproject

This can work but i thing you will need e website immidiately, I did a research on it before while in school

@ any web designers in the house, lets start from there.

count me in.

@ CFNproject will post some ideas soon.

@ hotdapps are you in?
Re: Crowdfunding- Projects ( Initial 1,000 Members Wanted) by CFNproject: 6:13pm On Jun 13, 2009
@ duabba

It is a nice concept. But the most important thing is bringing people of like minds together so as not to have disagreement over little issues and they must agree to leave management in the hands of a few. The problem with Nigerians is the ITK syndrome. Someone who has same N2000 equity would make more noise than all others combined. Nice idea though!

Thanks, the I-TOO-KNOW (ITK)  syndrome is inevitable but for something like this there will be a term and condition signed by members upon joining. Morevover, any major debate will be voted upon by the members a large to be able to forge ahead quickly.

there are somethings i cant talk about now on this forum.

@ chicsybabe thanks.

any webdesigners in the house
Re: Crowdfunding- Projects ( Initial 1,000 Members Wanted) by Hotdapps(m): 6:34pm On Jun 13, 2009
@ chicsy

yes am in.

@CFNproject

can you post ur email ?
Re: Crowdfunding- Projects ( Initial 1,000 Members Wanted) by duabba: 12:32pm On Jun 14, 2009
I agree that this should be web-based as it will encourage interactivity irrespective of geographical location. As long as the whole shin-dig is surgically planned, COUNT ME IN!
Re: Crowdfunding- Projects ( Initial 1,000 Members Wanted) by CFNproject: 3:50pm On Jun 14, 2009
@ duabba

Thanks , lets make this happen.

@ hotdapps

click on my name to take you to my profile where my email is posted

@ everyone

DO THE SAME. AND PLS SHARE, UR OPINIONS AND SUGGESTIONS.

cheers
Re: Crowdfunding- Projects ( Initial 1,000 Members Wanted) by xenalfound: 5:39pm On Jun 14, 2009
we at xenal foundation have a prohject to run we need 2million naira to execute the project and the project is money spining
the pay back will be in six months time and the returns is high
mail
xenalfoundation@yahoo.com

for your subscription form
thanks
Re: Crowdfunding- Projects ( Initial 1,000 Members Wanted) by CFNproject: 10:35pm On Jun 14, 2009
@ xenalfound

sorry but i dont think you have taken time to read and understand what this is all about.We are not looking for projects to sponsor.

thanks
Re: Crowdfunding- Projects ( Initial 1,000 Members Wanted) by xenalfound: 4:29pm On Jun 30, 2009
we awairt your responce
Re: Crowdfunding- Projects ( Initial 1,000 Members Wanted) by kanjay(m): 11:03am On May 07, 2015
@cf project please what is the update on this project? is it the end as usual in 9ja?

(1) (Reply)

Wild Life Pet: Lion, Zebra, Pelican, Parrot, Etc For Sale. / The Most Important POST For Any Smart Entrepeneur!! / Plantain And Palm Kernel Nuts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.