Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,449 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Olamide, Don Jazzy And The Headies Award. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Olamide, Don Jazzy And The Headies Award. (653 Views)

Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List / Next Rated Award Winners At The Headies Since 2006 / Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Olamide, Don Jazzy And The Headies Award. by rapmike(m): 11:56am On Jan 02, 2016
I, Like many people woke up and saw all the messages written and put down over the Headies awards, specifically the award for the 'Next Rated'.

Why many people may have found it shocking that Lil Kesh did not win it, Olamide took time to show his disgust by cursing on stage when Adekunle Gold won his award. Don Jazzy then gave a caustic reply to Olamide action by asking him to pick the car that followed the awards.

First of all, both Olamide and Don Jazzy were irresponsible there. First of all, I believe that winning/losing awards does not ultimately determine your impact as an artiste, even though its part of the determinants. There has been cases when some artistes who made great impact musically in a calendar year were not recognized. I can't start mentioning names but am sure we can remember a few.

Coming on stage and cursing is very childish and amateurish, no matter how painful it is. Its a person who lacks maturity that goes about screaming blue murder about awards. After all, Headies is an award which is won by voters. My question is this: does Lil Kesh have following? How many people actively follow Lil Kesh ( and not just listening to his songs, but following his movements, knowing when his songs are nominated for awards, etc). This thing counts in voting, especially online voting which is the basis of winning the award.

Taking a cue from soccer, the BBC African Players Awards is an example of how the best from a calendar year may be ousted by voting; Jay Jay Okocha at a time (when he was still playing) defeated Samuel Eto'o and collected the award even though Eto'o had more achievements than him for that year. Did Eto'o go around and protest? No.

Same thing if Yaya Toure loses the BBC African Players Award to Aubymaneg( forgive me if the spelling is wrong), it will be childish of him to scream blue murder.

Coming back to the Headies, its clear that Lil Kesh lost due to lack of popularity( the one that counts) online; to be honest I rather expected either him or Kiss Daniels to win.

Don Jazzy though could have be magnanimous in victory or at least could have kept quiet, if kids are crying about hunger in the house, its expected that the older ones pet them and try to understand or keep quiet. The jab about the car was so demeaning, Olamide is rich enough( I suppose) to provide Lil Kesh with a car. They are not broke people! That's the plain truth!

On a final note, I would expect Olamide and Lil Kesh to learn at least something from the awards: Never underestimate the power of online fans when it comes to voting. The Mavin crew may not have deserved it but they pulled a fast one on everyone using that. They should not be the discouraged,but should build on a great 2015 and record more success. That's the way they can reply Headies.
Re: Olamide, Don Jazzy And The Headies Award. by rapmike(m): 12:58pm On Jan 02, 2016
Cc: Lalasticala, Fynestboi

(1) (Reply)

Malawian Prisoners Recorded Songs That Got Nominated For The Grammys PICS / Take A Big Leap Into Your Music Career... / Radioman Africa Ft. Xris Fity - Kololo Dance [radio_version]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.