Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Odion Ighalo: The New Face Of Nigerian Football - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Odion Ighalo: The New Face Of Nigerian Football (18929 Views)

Nigerian Football Players And Their Wives/Girlfriends (Photos) / Odion Ighalo, His Wife Sonia And Their Children Pictured After Leaving World Cup / Odion Ighalo Set New Goal Record In Chinese Super League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Odion Ighalo: The New Face Of Nigerian Football by simplisity(m): 6:23pm On Jan 02, 2016
The sky will be ur stepping stone my brother and no evil weapons fashioned against u shall prosper in Jesus Name. Carry on bro!

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo: The New Face Of Nigerian Football by FisifunKododada: 6:55pm On Jan 02, 2016
Shehucom:
Until he replicates his Watford performance wit the super eagles, that's when he would be a real face of Nigerian soccer. I hope it happens soon

Please stop using that USELESS word soccer. This is NOT an American forum. Thank you.
Re: Odion Ighalo: The New Face Of Nigerian Football by youngice(m): 7:15pm On Jan 02, 2016
Afam4eva:
Una don start. Wetin dem call Mikel that year again? Victor Moses? The moment Nigerians start hyping anyone, that's when their careers begin to take a nose dive. Evil spirits.
You read my mind
Re: Odion Ighalo: The New Face Of Nigerian Football by danidee10(m): 7:30pm On Jan 02, 2016
robosky02:

Bony warns Ighalo is on fire :

The fear of Nigeria international Odion Ighalo has gripped Manchester City ahead of Saturday’s (today) EPL game as Côte d'Ivoire star Wilfried Bony has warned his teammates to be wary of the threat Ighalo and Troy Deeney pose.

Bony said Ighalo and his strike partner are on form and capable of doing anything.

"Ighalo and Deeney are both in good form now and as a striker when you are in good form everything can happen," Bony said.

"In six months, you can score 20 to 25 goals. We have to be careful of what they can do and know that they are in great form and can score at any moment.

“We have to be ready and be prepared for this game."

Ighalo has scored 14 goals this season and he is third leading scorer in the EPL

http://mtnfootball.com/news/597985/Bony-warns-Ighalo-is-on-fire

what did he do that they set him on fire
Re: Odion Ighalo: The New Face Of Nigerian Football by danidee10(m): 7:47pm On Jan 02, 2016
TaiKuun:
he's the greatest no. 9 out of Africa after Eto and he needs to work on his finishing? Oga leave it like that no player is perfect.

E don forget say eto'o they play for barca dat time for christ's sake ighalo is in watford....mention five worldclass players in watford even one sef
Re: Odion Ighalo: The New Face Of Nigerian Football by Shehucom(m): 8:13pm On Jan 02, 2016
FisifunKododada:

Please stop using that USELESS word soccer. This is NOT an American forum. Thank you.

This your moniker ehn.. But in as much as we still dey use both British and American English. I go continue dey use am
Re: Odion Ighalo: The New Face Of Nigerian Football by riczy(m): 8:16pm On Jan 02, 2016
slimmy05:
Rubbish.. This guy would expire within some few seasons.
amu'su
Re: Odion Ighalo: The New Face Of Nigerian Football by tefund(m): 10:05pm On Jan 02, 2016
adwaani:
whenever I watch this guy play,i can't help but compare him to once upon a time Samuel eto fils,when he was at Barcelona. ighAlo has the perfect blend of power, pace and positioning to become the greatest no 9 out of Africa after Eto.he needs to work in his finishings though.....
but age is not on his side
Re: Odion Ighalo: The New Face Of Nigerian Football by robosky02(m): 10:52pm On Jan 02, 2016
yes ighalo may not be paying yet for the big guns

but watch it he has already surpass all the of them in EPL

Chexk the comparism between him and aguero
Re: Odion Ighalo: The New Face Of Nigerian Football by mikolo80: 4:49am On Jan 03, 2016
slimmy05:
Rubbish.. This guy would expire within some few seasons.
so long as he's a billionaire then. I happy for the guy
Re: Odion Ighalo: The New Face Of Nigerian Football by mikolo80: 4:51am On Jan 03, 2016
Shehucom:
Until he replicates his Watford performance wit the super eagles, that's when he would be a real face of Nigerian soccer. I hope it happens soon
who come lose. how much una de pay am.
Re: Odion Ighalo: The New Face Of Nigerian Football by Shehucom(m): 6:15am On Jan 03, 2016
henrydadon:
better learn how to appreciate people hardwork
And who says i don't? Am just praying he gets better and better
Re: Odion Ighalo: The New Face Of Nigerian Football by robosky02(m): 4:26pm On Jan 03, 2016
Ighalo Is EPL Best African Player For December 2015

Super Eagles and Watford striker, Odion Ighalo has emerged as the Barclays Premier League best African player for the Month of December 2015, awarded by New African Soccer.

It's the second time Ighalo is carting home the award this season, following his decoration with the October 2015 edition of the award.

A statement released by the organisers, New African Soccer on Sunday reads in part, "… "Ighalo spent December scoring goals for his team. He scored in all six games played in a packed December schedule of fixtures, including games against Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham. This is a very remarkable feat…."

Ighalo also goes into the New African Soccer award history as the first player to have won the Premier League best African player of the month twice in a single season.

Re: Odion Ighalo: The New Face Of Nigerian Football by tck2000(m): 2:36pm On Jun 16, 2019
I hope he wins Afcon Golden boot.
Re: Odion Ighalo: The New Face Of Nigerian Football by robosky02(m): 10:13pm On Jul 25, 2019
robosky02:

Bony warns Ighalo is on fire :

The fear of Nigeria international Odion Ighalo has gripped Manchester City ahead of Saturday’s (today) EPL game as Côte d'Ivoire star Wilfried Bony has warned his teammates to be wary of the threat Ighalo and Troy Deeney pose.

Bony said Ighalo and his strike partner are on form and capable of doing anything.

"Ighalo and Deeney are both in good form now and as a striker when you are in good form everything can happen," Bony said.

"In six months, you can score 20 to 25 goals. We have to be careful of what they can do and know that they are in great form and can score at any moment.

“We have to be ready and be prepared for this game."

Ighalo has scored 14 goals this season and he is third leading scorer in the EPL

http://mtnfootball.com/news/597985/Bony-warns-Ighalo-is-on-fire

(1) (2) (Reply)

CR800: Cristiano Ronaldo Scores 800th Career Goal With Villarreal Strike / Africa Born Footballers Playing For Non-african Countries / Atletico Madrid Vs Barcelona: Liga Iberdola Women Match 0 - 2 (Full Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.