Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,307 members, 7,836,336 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Pre Order,auction Or Cotonu Which Is Best. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Pre Order,auction Or Cotonu Which Is Best. (397 Views)

Authentic Tin Can Cleared Document For Cotonu Vehicles "Max 2days" / Make Your Choice Of Cars,buses And Truck From Cotonu Using Ckcarmat / Auction Export Or Cotonu Cars???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pre Order,auction Or Cotonu Which Is Best. by derock533: 2:18pm On Jan 02, 2016
If one needs a car, which is the best option to use and get maximum satisfaction.
Re: Pre Order,auction Or Cotonu Which Is Best. by alexx187(m): 2:37pm On Jan 02, 2016
Cotonou, at least you would have a full look at what u buying, mileage, complete documentation and all that.......
Re: Pre Order,auction Or Cotonu Which Is Best. by derock533: 3:01pm On Jan 02, 2016
someone said getting auction cars are cheaper
Re: Pre Order,auction Or Cotonu Which Is Best. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 02, 2016
I had this same problem with deciding how to go in 2014.
I read posts and replies in this section. And Frankly it was terrible and difficult to make a choice. Inspired? Phemmy? Carxus?
And then even someone like Inspired Autos and his wahala with some guy.
And then the prices of what the pre-order guys quote to me was just too much.
Long story short, I had a junior colleague who is ex Customs.
He volunteered and took me to the Border an then into Cotonou.
Introduced me to his former colleagues in the customs at checkpoints and the Customs office.
3 of his custom guys went with me. We went round the place using hired bikes.
Picked the car of my choice, did the change of currency, and the custom guys did the rest.
Paid them for full import duty. All papers check out.

As a matter of fact, the custom guys put their contact details on the papers. In case any custom guy wants to give trouble.
End of story. I guess I was very lucky to know this guy.
My next car will be the same.
Re: Pre Order,auction Or Cotonu Which Is Best. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 02, 2016
alexx187:
Cotonou, at least you would have a full look at what u buying, mileage, complete documentation and all that.......

Exactly, there was this feeling of sheer joy being able to see the cars, make a choice, check the cars out. Enter them, pop the hoods and do your iinspection. Test the sound system etc etc etc.

You will just be happy that you were there.
But I had to pay some stipend for ''security'' after picking my car.

I say which one be this again. And I was told that if I dont pay some guys might take out some parts from the car.
Customs guys told me to pay that once the car leaves cotonou into Nigeria, they will take full control and not a screw will be missing.

In summary I loved the going to Cotonou and I will gladly do it again.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2008 Corolla Le Manual Gear - 1.1m / Used. Nissan / I Need A Clean Golf Or Corolla Car Budget Is 300k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.