Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Red Eyes/pink Eyes(conjuctivitis) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Red Eyes/pink Eyes(conjuctivitis) (701 Views)

Pls Help My Lower Lip Is Turning Pink (pics) / 17 Red Eyes Causes And Its Treatments / APOLLO(conjuctivitis): What You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Red Eyes/pink Eyes(conjuctivitis) by Doctorfitz: 9:53pm On Jan 02, 2016
Conjuctivitis simply put is inflammation of the conjuctiva.The conjuctiva is a transparent tissue dat overlines the eye and the part of conjuctiva that we see(covering d outer surface of the eye)is known as the bulbar conjuctiva. It consists of other parts which I'd rather not delve into.There are several causes of red eyes/pink eyes,it could be as a result of viral infection,bacterial infection,fungal,chemical burns or allergies etc.
But the purpose of this write up is to enlighten ourselves on a type of conjuctivitis that's very common in all age grades and that is Bacterial Conjuctivitis..Bacteria as we know are single celled micro-organisms that are not visble to the eyes and are capable of causing infections upon invasion...Enough of the medical jargon,below are some of the signs of bacterial conjuctivitis a.k.a Apollo.

Signs and symptoms:
1.Whitish or yellowish discharge from the eyes especially early in the morning leading to the eyes being glued together(difficulty in opening the eyes).

2.Oedematous eyelid..that is swollen eyelid or eyes.

3.Redness of the eye.there is general redness of the eye

4.Gritty sensation..there is that feeling of sand in the eyes.u'd hear things like" d eye dey chuk me".

5.Its usually unilateral(affect 1 eye)but cn affect d other eye through rubbing and all.

The major mode of contraction of this form of conjuctivitis are; the bacteria,from an infected person and the environment (dry dirty and dusty).

I almost 4got yes o STDs too can lead 2 bacterial conjuctivitis.

Treatment/management of bacterial conjuctivitis is by using antibiotics either oral or topical or a combination of both,ofcourse u don't expect me to prescribe that here.pls consult ur optometrist(eye doctor)

Prevention:
Avoid a dry, dirty and dusty environment,take care around an infected person.

Source:my humble self

Cc;lalasticlala,ishilove

1 Like

Re: Red Eyes/pink Eyes(conjuctivitis) by awesomesossy(f): 3:53pm On Jul 28, 2016
Can smoking weed still cause apollo
Cause I noticed my neighbors eyes are always RED whenever he takes weed.... grin grin
Re: Red Eyes/pink Eyes(conjuctivitis) by Doctorfitz: 12:00am On Aug 07, 2016
awesomesossy:
Cause I noticed my neighbors eyes are always RED whenever he takes weed.... grin grin

Lols..
Re: Red Eyes/pink Eyes(conjuctivitis) by calliope(f): 7:02pm On Aug 07, 2016
awesomesossy:
Lmao grin

(1) (Reply)

Picture; Should We Eat This, Is It Lassa Fever carrier? / Women Suffer Or Go Through A Lot Challenges From Birth To Death. / Did You Know You Can Cure Your Diabetes Type 2 Using Okra?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.