Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,530 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

New Samsung J7 Vs Uk Used Lg G3 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / New Samsung J7 Vs Uk Used Lg G3 (2712 Views)

Samsung J7 Pro Specs / Tecno Boom J7 Vs Infinix Hot 2 / Comparison Samsung Galaxy J7 Vs Samsung Galaxy On7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Samsung J7 Vs Uk Used Lg G3 by adegoke93: 11:49am On Jan 03, 2016
Happy new year to all the gurus in the house.
I need your advice on which phone to buy.
The new Samsung j7 falls in the same price range with Lg g3 Uk used with warranty.
what am looking forward to is a phone i can use to take good and quality pictures,good sound quality for listening to music and watching video,quality design,light browsing and resell value.
Please don't just view,i need your advice.Thanks in anticipation.
Re: New Samsung J7 Vs Uk Used Lg G3 by Obas101(m): 12:51pm On Jan 03, 2016
Where does it sell cheaply and how much,, I'm inline with with your views also
Re: New Samsung J7 Vs Uk Used Lg G3 by Obas101(m): 12:54pm On Jan 03, 2016
The g3 is obviously better but how clean is it nd used phones don't last long because off performance deterioration durin previous usage. If i was d one i will go for d j7 its camera quality is dope, even its front camera has a led flash
Re: New Samsung J7 Vs Uk Used Lg G3 by adegoke93: 1:57pm On Jan 03, 2016
Tanxs bro,the issue is that the seller of lg g3 has promise to give a warranty whereby making it difficult for me to choose between the two phones.But please are you using samsung j7?
Obas101:
The g3 is obviously better but how clean is it nd used phones don't last long because off performance deterioration durin previous usage. If i was d one i will go for d j7 its camera quality is dope, even its front camera has a led flash
Re: New Samsung J7 Vs Uk Used Lg G3 by Obas101(m): 6:34pm On Jan 03, 2016
adegoke93:
Tanxs bro,the issue is that the seller of lg g3 has promise to give a warranty whereby making it difficult for me to choose between the two phones.But please are you using samsung j7?
I have a friend dat is using it , I intend buying one also but can't find anywhere cheap to buy most online stores nd shops are selling it over 50k nd my friend bought it about 45k durin black Friday. I don't think there is much difference in camera wit d g3. Bt if d seller promise to give u warranty nd d phone looks clean y not buy it. Do u know where i can buy d j7 wit a budget of less dan 50k
Re: New Samsung J7 Vs Uk Used Lg G3 by adegoke93: 6:50pm On Jan 03, 2016
Am not quite sure about the price because it depends on your location.A guy bought his at samsung office in ilorin at the rate of 48k while some other people claim it was 42k in lagos
Obas101:

I have a friend dat is using it , I intend buying one also but can't find anywhere cheap to buy most online stores nd shops are selling it over 50k nd my friend bought it about 45k durin black Friday. I don't think there is much difference in camera wit d g3. Bt if d seller promise to give u warranty nd d phone looks clean y not buy it. Do u know where i can buy d j7 wit a budget of less dan 50k

1 Like

Re: New Samsung J7 Vs Uk Used Lg G3 by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 03, 2016
I have an LG G4 for urgent sale

@60 but negotiable
If interested, my contact details @my signature
Re: New Samsung J7 Vs Uk Used Lg G3 by Obas101(m): 9:14pm On Jan 03, 2016
adegoke93:
Am not quite sure about the price because it depends on your location.A guy bought his at samsung office in ilorin at the rate of 48k while some other people claim it was 42k in lagos
Aight thanks.. Will check it out in slot office warri
Re: New Samsung J7 Vs Uk Used Lg G3 by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 03, 2016
First let me ask, is the LG ge the 3gb or 2gb version? If it's the 3gb version buy it without blinking. If it's the 2gb version then u need to read along.

I have the 2gb veesion g g3, bought it last year. No doubt a good phone with amazing qhd screen. If u intend to use it for taking pictures and light browsing, then u will enjoy it. But if u are a heavy heavy user like me, u might find it annoying sometimes because of memory leak. Sometimes that thing can choose to lag especially when browsing the internet. Also most of the times recent apps will have to reload, especially when u get out of the app for more than 5 minutes. I think it's LG's optimization or so. At least it runs snapdragon 801, but snapdragon 600 series on my htc one m7 performs better in my opinion. If u are not a heavy browser, if u soend more time on Whatsapp and bbm then u will have no issue with this phone. Again the screen is so so amazing, 500+ ppi and an amazing camera (no way near s6 camera though). Where it sucks is multitasking, even cheaper infinix hot note has better multitasking.

I don't think the galaxy j7 would do better in multitasking either, it has 1.5gb of RAM and we all know Samsung phones need high RAM to perform, even the s6 with 3gb of RAM still suffer from slight memory leak, though it has since improved after update. If I were u, I would pick the g3 as I don't like 720p phones especially on a 5.5 inch... Anything lower than 1080p is a no go for me.

2 Likes

Re: New Samsung J7 Vs Uk Used Lg G3 by sunnypresh11: 11:16pm On Jan 03, 2016
Obas101:

sup bro where in warri r u ? M in warri too i thought u r xiaomi note 3 user
Re: New Samsung J7 Vs Uk Used Lg G3 by sunnypresh11: 11:18pm On Jan 03, 2016
Obas101:
where s d slot @ d one i kw s robinson plaza
Re: New Samsung J7 Vs Uk Used Lg G3 by adegoke93: 10:05am On Jan 04, 2016
Tanks bro,it's the 3gb version that i want to buy,i love htc m7 but the fact that they did not have any calcare in nigeria makes me to back off,how are you coping with the phone incase it has fault?
greenhulk:
First let me ask, is the LG ge the 3gb or 2gb version? If it's the 3gb version buy it without blinking. If it's the 2gb version then u need to read along.

I have the 2gb veesion g g3, bought it last year. No doubt a good phone with amazing qhd screen. If u intend to use it for taking pictures and light browsing, then u will enjoy it. But if u are a heavy heavy user like me, u might find it annoying sometimes because of memory leak. Sometimes that thing can choose to lag especially when browsing the internet. Also most of the times recent apps will have to reload, especially when u get out of the app for more than 5 minutes. I think it's LG's optimization or so. At least it runs snapdragon 801, but snapdragon 600 series on my htc one m7 performs better in my opinion. If u are not a heavy browser, if u soend more time on Whatsapp and bbm then u will have no issue with this phone. Again the screen is so so amazing, 500+ ppi and an amazing camera (no way near s6 camera though). Where it sucks is multitasking, even cheaper infinix hot note has better multitasking.

I don't think the galaxy j7 would do better in multitasking either, it has 1.5gb of RAM and we all know Samsung phones need high RAM to perform, even the s6 with 3gb of RAM still suffer from slight memory leak, though it has since improved after update. If I were u, I would pick the g3 as I don't like 720p phones especially on a 5.5 inch... Anything lower than 1080p is a no go for me.
Re: New Samsung J7 Vs Uk Used Lg G3 by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 04, 2016
adegoke93:
Tanks bro,it's the 3gb version that i want to buy,i love htc m7 but the fact that they did not have any calcare in nigeria makes me to back off,how are you coping with the phone incase it has fault?

Then buy it. As far as calcare is cincerend, they are the best in Nigeria base on my experience. I bought this phone on Dec 26 2014 at slot. On Dec 14 2015 the phone developed a problem whereby it shuts down itself. Then it will show a green screen with demigod crash handler error. I did everything I could but as soon as ibstart the phone, after likke 10 minutes of usage it will do the same thing. Everything will crash and show demigod crash handler, or sometimes watchdog crash. So I decided to flash another rom. My LG is not rooted, so no custom recovery br
Ut. u can flash offocial firmware using LG flash tool for pc. I flashed like 3 different softwares but still no solution. Someone on xda said its kernel related.

Anyway, to cut the long story short, I decided to go back to KitKat, so I downloaded a kit kat rom, midway to flashing I got an error and I had to pull the cable. Alas the phone was hard bricked. Whenever I tried starting, it just show boot error and remains there. I decided to give LG calcare a try. For my mind I though my warantee was over, i didn't know I still have a few days left. I took it to their office in computer village Ikeja, the reception was nice. When I went inside the last that registered the phone asked me if I flashed or rooted it, I said no that I was receiving an update and left the update to install overnight while I slept, and when I woke up phone went dead. They took the phone in and asked me to come back the next day to collect it. I thought they were blabbing. Well on the second day I called and they told me my phone was ready. I was surprised. They actually had to change one of the boards and it was free and fast.

I've had issue with Nokia phones and taken to Nokia calcare and it always take a minimum of 5 working days before my phone was ready. For LG, I got a phone that looks like new within 24 hrs. So yes their calcare is very good.
Re: New Samsung J7 Vs Uk Used Lg G3 by adegoke93: 12:14pm On Jan 04, 2016
Tanks bro for taking your time to explain,what i meant was how you are coping with your htc m7 incase it has fault since they did not have any calcare in Nigeria
greenhulk:

Then buy it. As far as calcare is cincerend, they are the best in Nigeria base on my experience. I bought this phone on Dec 26 2014 at slot. On Dec 14 2015 the phone developed a problem whereby it shuts down itself. Then it will show a green screen with demigod crash handler error. I did everything I could but as soon as ibstart the phone, after likke 10 minutes of usage it will do the same thing. Everything will crash and show demigod crash handler, or sometimes watchdog crash. So I decided to flash another rom. My LG is not rooted, so no custom recovery br
Ut. u can flash offocial firmware using LG flash tool for pc. I flashed like 3 different softwares but still no solution. Someone on xda said its kernel related.

Anyway, to cut the long story short, I decided to go back to KitKat, so I downloaded a kit kat rom, midway to flashing I got an error and I had to pull the cable. Alas the phone was hard bricked. Whenever I tried starting, it just show boot error and remains there. I decided to give LG calcare a try. For my mind I though my warantee was over, i didn't know I still have a few days left. I took it to their office in computer village Ikeja, the reception was nice. When I went inside the last that registered the phone asked me if I flashed or rooted it, I said no that I was receiving an update and left the update to install overnight while I slept, and when I woke up phone went dead. They took the phone in and asked me to come back the next day to collect it. I thought they were blabbing. Well on the second day I called and they told me my phone was ready. I was surprised. They actually had to change one of the boards and it was free and fast.

I've had issue with Nokia phones and taken to Nokia calcare and it always take a minimum of 5 working days before my phone was ready. For LG, I got a phone that looks like new within 24 hrs. So yes their calcare is very good.
Re: New Samsung J7 Vs Uk Used Lg G3 by Obas101(m): 2:04pm On Jan 04, 2016
sunnypresh11:

where s d slot @ d one i kw s robinson plaza
Haven't been there.. But av heard is along airport road
Re: New Samsung J7 Vs Uk Used Lg G3 by Obas101(m): 2:04pm On Jan 04, 2016
sunnypresh11:

sup bro where in warri r u ? M in warri too
i thought u r xiaomi note 3 user
No be me o
Re: New Samsung J7 Vs Uk Used Lg G3 by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 04, 2016
adegoke93:
Tanks bro for taking your time to explain,what i meant was how you are coping with your htc m7 incase it has fault since they did not have any calcare in Nigeria

That one is already 2 yrs old and I've not had any issues with it.
Re: New Samsung J7 Vs Uk Used Lg G3 by donbenie(m): 6:50pm On Jan 04, 2016
@OP,if the G3 meets your criteria I'll advise you to buy it,I had the same delimma choosing between a Galaxy J7 and a Galaxy Note 3 used,I ended up buying the Note 3 and have not regretted it,better Chipset,bigger Ram ,higher screen resolution,better camera and a whole lot of other advantages,the J7's only advantage is based on being a new device which if you can get a warranty becomes a non issue..
Re: New Samsung J7 Vs Uk Used Lg G3 by adegoke93: 8:42pm On Jan 04, 2016
Tanxs bro
donbenie:
@OP,if the G3 meets your criteria I'll advise you to buy it,I had the same delimma choosing between a Galaxy J7 and a Galaxy Note 3 used,I ended up buying the Note 3 and have not regretted it,better Chipset,bigger Ram ,higher screen resolution,better camera and a whole lot of other advantages,the J7's only advantage is based on being a new device which if you can get a warranty becomes a non issue..
Re: New Samsung J7 Vs Uk Used Lg G3 by sunnypresh11: 12:53pm On Jan 05, 2016
Obas101:
No be me o
LOL so what phn r u using
Re: New Samsung J7 Vs Uk Used Lg G3 by baib(m): 3:28am On Jan 07, 2016
Please, I am balogun ibrahim a final year student of Ladoke akintola University, doing a project titled "ASSESSMENT OF E-WASTE MANAGEMENT IN IKEJA LGA. I was in Ikeja computer in December 2015, to administer my questionnaire which i did few (100 out of 363 questionnaires), even though i was unable to finish due to some limitations like respondent telling me they are busy that will i pay them or they don't have time, some of the questionnaires still needs some more real details which is lacking from previous administered.

*****Here E-waste means electronic waste******

Please, I will like people to help on more details by replying here the answers only: like

Street Name: _______________________________________________________

1. what do you to collect e-waste (a) Drums (b) Buckets (c) Baskets (d) Nylon (e) Others; specify______________________
2. which disposal method do you use to dispose e-waste (a) open dump (b) burning (c) collection point (d) e-waste vendor
3. occupational status (a) electronic repairers (b) electronic importers (c) computer and photocopier services (d) mobile phones services (e) local recycle rs (f) artisan (g) Other; specify________________________
4. who does e-waste collection (a) self effort (b) private sector (c) government agency (d) truck pushers (e) Others; specify______________________
5. If not self-effort how much do you pay for the service: _________________
6. What is your payment plan: (1) Daily (2) Weekly (3) Monthly (4) Pay as you dispose
7. How regular is the evacuation: (1) Daily (2) Weekly (3) Fortnightly (4) Monthly (5) Occasionally
8. E-waste is a source of income: (1) Yes (2) No

Your faithfully
Balogun Ibrahim
Re: New Samsung J7 Vs Uk Used Lg G3 by Obas101(m): 7:30am On Jan 07, 2016
sunnypresh11:

sup bro where in warri r u ? M in warri too
i thought u r xiaomi note 3 user
I'm in ughelI, intend buying d j7 can u help me check d price there.,Robinson plaza or wots d name
Re: New Samsung J7 Vs Uk Used Lg G3 by henry007(m): 1:17am On Jan 11, 2016
adegoke93:
Happy new year to all the gurus in the house.
I need your advice on which phone to buy.
The new Samsung j7 falls in the same price range with Lg g3 Uk used with warranty.
what am looking forward to is a phone i can use to take good and quality pictures,good sound quality for listening to music and watching video,quality design,light browsing and resell value.
Please don't just view,i need your advice.Thanks in anticipation.
Don't buy UK Used LG.
Re: New Samsung J7 Vs Uk Used Lg G3 by adegoke93: 11:24pm On Jan 12, 2016
Pls explain bro cos am abt to get it latest monday
henry007:
Don't buy UK Used LG.
Re: New Samsung J7 Vs Uk Used Lg G3 by adegoke93: 7:20pm On Jan 13, 2016
Pls ur quick response is highly needed
henry007:
Don't buy UK Used LG.
Re: New Samsung J7 Vs Uk Used Lg G3 by henry007(m): 7:46am On Jan 19, 2016
adegoke93:
Pls ur quick response is highly needed
won't advice you to get the UK used of any phone right now coz the market is saturated with faulty phones.

(1) (Reply)

Meet Infinix Hot 6 With Face Unlock: Check Specs, Features & Price / Which Android Phone Do You Recommend That Has Good Battery, 4G And 2gb Ram? / How To Flash Any Number For Free On Your Airtel Sim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.