Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Brothers An Sister In Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Brothers An Sister In Islam (6092 Views)

Happy Eid-ul-Adha My Muslim Brothers And Sisters! / Ingredients Of Marital Love In Islam / Muslims Sister In The House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brothers An Sister In Islam by aisha2010(f): 4:09pm On Jun 14, 2009
i have a problem at hand i been dating dis guy for d past 2yrs now d problem is he's a christan and i am from a muslim home. he's nt ready to chage his religion we both loved each other very well. right now i dt have any muslim guy. pls nl, i need ur advice because i dt want to lose him and i dt no where to get a god fearing muslim guy.
Re: Brothers An Sister In Islam by manmustwac(m): 4:21pm On Jun 14, 2009
You have been dating this guy for two years aisha? You should have thought of this problem right from the start not two years down the line. Why can't u convert to his religion? Or better still why can't both of u sit down and discuss this issue of how you'll both be able to get married and respect each others religion?
Re: Brothers An Sister In Islam by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:50pm On Jun 14, 2009
aisha2010:

i have a problem at hand i been dating dis guy for d past 2yrs now d problem is he's a christan and i am from a muslim home. he's nt ready to chage his religion we both loved each other very well. right now i dt have any muslim guy. pls nl, i need ur advice because i dt want to lose him and i dt no where to get a god fearing muslim guy.

First of all you should ask your fellow muslims in the childboard they may have an answer for you there but if you want answers from Christians you will get some even if it is a bitter pill to swallow.

My understanding is that Muslim men are allowed to marry "Christian" ladies but the reverse is forbidden by Allah in Islam. The only reason you may marry your "Christian" lover is if he decides to become a Muslim and worship Allah. Naive and unsuspecting "Christian" ladies become Muslims so as to marry their calculating Muslim men but they do not realise that once they become married they become second class citizens who have little or no right as to how to bring up their children who automatically become muslims. The catch here is to sire and raise up muslim kids who will increase the population of muslims, a way of evangelism, and this may be difficult to do with a Muslim lady who decides to marry a so called Christian.
Re: Brothers An Sister In Islam by olabowale(m): 5:37pm On Jun 14, 2009
@Aisha: Salaamualaykum wa Rahmatullah. Marriage is ordained by Allah. Muslim women, to Muslim men, only. You can't marry a non-muslim man. I think you know that already. What you shoul not do is what you have been doing for the past 2 years; dating.

Usually, this process called dating leads to the temptations of illegal sex; fornication. You need to stop this at once. Whereever you maybe, there are muslim men available for marriage. You can find what you want. And it is permissible for woman to propose, too. Khadijah did it with Muhammad (AS).

Now, if you go to the babyboard titled "For Muslims" under Religion of Nairaland.com, here, you will see a thread opened by Frizzy. Frizzy is look for a good Muslim woman. He is young, ready and available.

Start with him, or in your local masajid. There are plenty of them in your town. Young men willing may be closer than you think. Finally make Dua to Allah to give you a Pious husband.

If the guy you are with now is not entering Isam, right now, drop him. Fear Allah and do right.
Re: Brothers An Sister In Islam by olabowale(m): 5:49pm On Jun 14, 2009
@Olaadegbu: Don't lament too much. She is a person whom your guy (christian) should not deal with, in the first place. If she loves him more than Allah, she would not be asking us. Obviously, she being a muslima has some, still, goodness in her. Her soul through her heart is telling her that she may not be 100% correct.

Now let me ask you, are you known by your father's name/lineage orits the mother's that you bear?

If its father's then the child is automatically what the father is, until he/she is independent.

I will not adise her, (which I have done) to marry a disbeliever. Regardless of hs status, etc. Its better to marry because of religious (Iwa rere ni tori Ipaya Allah) values, than for others. In the process the others many just fall as the fruits for your constancy.
Re: Brothers An Sister In Islam by tpiah: 1:35am On Jun 15, 2009
i dt no where to get a god fearing muslim guy

have you tried the mosque?

abi are you one of these multiple user id nairalanders?
Re: Brothers An Sister In Islam by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:08am On Jun 15, 2009
olabowale:

@Olaadegbu: Don't lament too much. She is a person whom your guy (christian) should not deal with, in the first place. If she loves him more than Allah, she would not be asking us. Obviously, she being a muslima has some, still, goodness in her. Her soul through her heart is telling her that she may not be 100% correct.

Now let me ask you, are you known by your father's name/lineage orits the mother's that you bear?

If its father's then the child is automatically what the father is, until he/she is independent.

I will not adise her, (which I have done) to marry a disbeliever. Regardless of hs status, etc. Its better to marry because of religious (Iwa rere ni tori Ipaya Allah) values, than for others. In the process the others many just fall as the fruits for your constancy.

If it stops at muslims not marrying unbelievers I can undertand that but when you discriminate against the muslima by allowing only the muslim men to marry unbelievers would you then agree that the muslima are second class citizens and slaves that have little or no will or right of their own?
Re: Brothers An Sister In Islam by noetic2: 12:48pm On Jun 15, 2009
aisha2010:

have u ever thought about becoming a christian urself? do u delusively expect a christian to change his faith and relationship with GOD because of a woman? This is ridiculous. . . . .u need serious help.
Re: Brothers An Sister In Islam by Jatador: 1:58pm On Jun 15, 2009
@Poster
You don't know where to find a muslim guy?. . . .how about nairaland, i'm sure the likes of abuzola, blabs787,jarus and co. Can find you a spot in their line-up of four wives. . . .
Re: Brothers An Sister In Islam by olabowale(m): 5:44pm On Jun 15, 2009
@Jadator: You don't have to be that nasty. Afterall, in your bloodline, maybe even your father married and or have had more than one woman. Your mother is probably not the only woman your father knew. I almost can wager my next "payday" on it.

I will rspect mothers, thought. Maybe your father is the only man she knew. Multiple wives is not a new thing to man. Nigerian men can lie all day long. In the long run, the Christian man replaces a new woman with the old one. This is not part of what we read from your Bible. Or am I wrong?

@Olaadegbu: The injuction of not allowing Muslima to marry a Kafr is from the JUstice of Allah. I could go into it, in a way that it will help you to understance Justice, but we have to do it at another time. Allah mentains a balance between peoples; one group interacting with another group, and, people in the same group interacting with one another.

@Noetic: If the young woman was intending to become a Christian, she would never have came to a public forum with her "Issue." Read her post. Look at how she framed her question. She is worried about her relationship with Allah. She knows what she doing is not completely correct. She already admitted to it. She is trying to make changes, improvement. I pray to her Creator Allah the Almighty that she is successful, forgiven, and receive mercy.

Unlike you she knows who her Lord God is. She will not need to face more than One God. You on the other hand, will face Jesus at a particular time. Then the Hoy Ghost at another time. Yet Father/Yahweh/Jehovah, at completely different time. You don't see any confusion in your situation, and that is the reason you want her to join your gang of three wise gods. Go sidon.

And finally, I asked a lawyer to tell me if it is evil to punish a person whom the authority have been told the consequences of a bad action. Yet decided to take it, anyway. He said that it is not evil but it is Justice that authority metered because the guilty violated a standing code of conduct. Justice is usually not accepted by the one who suffers it, though knows that he made errors defying the authority.

Just to prepare you for the challenge you made, and which I accepted about the Quran.
Re: Brothers An Sister In Islam by Lagosboy: 6:35pm On Jun 15, 2009
aisha2010:

There are good muslim guys all around i bet you and like Olabs said they could be closer to you than you think. Even here on NL we have Jarus, Frizy,Abu zola, Muhsin,Javalove even oyb might consider madam no 2 and other good bros here. Contact Mukina2 she could hook u up as well grin grin grin
Re: Brothers An Sister In Islam by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 15, 2009
Lagosboy:

There are good muslim guys all around i bet you and like Olabs said they could be closer to you than you think. Even here on NL we have Jarus, Frizy,Abu zola, Muhsin,Javalove even oyb might consider madam no 2 and other good bros here. Contact Mukina2 she could hook u up as well grin grin grin

no get me in trouble with madam o! cheesy grin
Re: Brothers An Sister In Islam by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:26pm On Jun 15, 2009
Just wanted to say that if you consider another, oyb. I will personally break your head angry
Re: Brothers An Sister In Islam by mukina2: 7:31pm On Jun 15, 2009
Lagosboy:

lagosboy cheesy grin
he is a good muslim man grin
Re: Brothers An Sister In Islam by Lagosboy: 7:33pm On Jun 15, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Just wanted to say that if you consider another, oyb. I will personally break your head angry

Haba wetin dey nah?? Why u won break my bro head.  grin  grin  grin Oya wetin go happen if na you thief im heart you still go break im head
Re: Brothers An Sister In Islam by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:15pm On Jun 15, 2009
oyb cant handle me plus he should only stick to his wife like a decent husband. wink
Re: Brothers An Sister In Islam by littleb(m): 11:13pm On Jun 15, 2009
Aisha:

You shouldn't marry christian just for the sake of love. Try as much as possible to be more spiritual in your faith and seek for Allah's guidance. There are lot of muslim brothers out there looking for a good sister to marry. Remember, whatever action you take for the sake of Allah count most, if you submit yourself to His wills, I believe He is always in guidance of such person and assuredly immeasurable rewards, both in this world and in hereafter. Try to purify your heart by reading Quran everyday. also engage yourself in Qiyam lael(Night prayer) and possibly fast for Allah's guidance. You can engage your parent and those you love if they are good muslims to pray for you too. May Almighty Allah assist you as you do so and forgive your sins you've probably committed in the past.
Re: Brothers An Sister In Islam by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:41pm On Jun 15, 2009
yet Muslim men are allowed to marry Christian woman "out of love"

O ga o.
Re: Brothers An Sister In Islam by littleb(m): 12:19am On Jun 16, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

yet Muslim men are allowed to marry Christian woman "out of love"

O ga o.

Doctrine applicable to christians definitely not applicable to muslims. Maybe I would encourage christians to stick to whatever Jesus taught them in this matter if there is any and muslims stick to Allah's teaching.
Re: Brothers An Sister In Islam by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:42am On Jun 16, 2009
abi o. Olorun o ni je n resu
Re: Brothers An Sister In Islam by Lagosboy: 8:22am On Jun 16, 2009
bawomolo:

don't come begging for help when the man has you trapped in the house with a hijab on. cool
What all the thousands and millions of educated young single muslim women with hijabs on. Who trapped them in the house with hijabs on
Re: Brothers An Sister In Islam by Lagosboy: 8:31am On Jun 16, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

abi o. Olorun o ni je n resu

If you thief Alhaji heart nko, You never know who you will marry and never say never!!! kosi esu nibi hijab men!! Rather its just Gods commandment to preserve the beauty of a woman and she has control over who sees the radiation from her stunning beauty. I am sure u will look stunning in it!!!

@Poster
Keep up the dua as well, Allah will guide that knight in a shinning platinum armour to you, your prince charming indeed!!! Never lose the faith of belief !!!
Re: Brothers An Sister In Islam by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 16, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

oyb cant handle me plus he should only stick to his wife like a decent husband. wink

if i wasn't married, i would take you up on that cheesy cheesy
Re: Brothers An Sister In Islam by Lagosboy: 9:16am On Jun 16, 2009
oyb:

if i wasn't married, i would take you up on that cheesy cheesy

Never too late bro , the last time i checked you were still allowed a maximum of four grin grin grin wink
Re: Brothers An Sister In Islam by littleb(m): 10:08am On Jun 16, 2009
This statement of yours is a monument to the gross asininity your ilk personify.

You should ring that in the ears of ur so-called 'mooslim' brothers who sing to Christian sistas how 'liberal' they are in their religious orientation and that 'love' is all that matters.

people married because of love matters in all dimensions, whether pagan,christians or muslims. As far as Islam is concern, there is high priority on the religious side. A muslim believer either brother or sister shouldn't marry christians when there are lot of brethren waiting to engage with them. Muslims men do marry christians, however islam doesn't encourages it, moreso, intention counts more than being liberal. Where is the asinine insinuation?
Re: Brothers An Sister In Islam by muhsin(m): 3:30pm On Jun 16, 2009
Assalamu alaikum, my Muslim brothers and sisters,

All thats there to be said have been aptly said by my senior members like Olabs, Lagosboy, littleb and the rest. Thanks very much. And may the Almighty Allah bless, ameen.

A few words to you, A'isha; compose yourself and think reflectively. We are not on this earth to solely just love and then get marriage. But to purposely worship our Creator, i.e. Allah (SWT). And He ordaines marriage as his worshipping. Thus, do also consider marriage a worshipping of Allah. Hence don't dare marrying a non-Muslim guy--no matter how, on the surface, he shows love to you. It's not, as it cannot be, a real love. It's a pretext.

Moreover, take the hint of going to your mosque; enquire your Imam if there is any ready-made suitor of sterling quality religiously and what have you. And more so, pray humbly and tirelesly, inshaAllah, your prayer would be answered.

Wish you all the best.
Re: Brothers An Sister In Islam by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:28pm On Jun 16, 2009
Pass that along to your Muslim brothers and tell them to leave christian/jewish women alone. Alatenuje
Re: Brothers An Sister In Islam by muhsin(m): 4:57pm On Jun 16, 2009
I thought your stay here told you that it's permissible for a Muslim man to marry a non-Muslim woman, i.e. a book possessor. Or in other words, a Christian, Jewish or any other religion follower. Not atheist. grin
Re: Brothers An Sister In Islam by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:01pm On Jun 16, 2009
it being "permissible" doesnt make it hypocritical. The lame excuse you are giving to aisha for not marrying a non-Muslim should be the same for a Muslim man.
Re: Brothers An Sister In Islam by muhsin(m): 5:04pm On Jun 16, 2009
I wonder; why? Expatiate.
Re: Brothers An Sister In Islam by Lagosboy: 5:29pm On Jun 16, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

it being "permissible" doesnt make it hypocritical. The lame excuse you are giving to aisha for not marrying a non-Muslim should be the same for a Muslim man.

Would you Thief a muslim man's heart ??
Re: Brothers An Sister In Islam by muhsin(m): 5:55pm On Jun 16, 2009
Can she? Nope. Never. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Virtue In Giving The Alms (zakat) / The Concepts Of Udhiyah (Animal Sacrifice For Eidul-hadhaa Celebration) / Has Lindsay Lohan Converted To Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.