Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Why Is Rccg's "Open Heavens" Too Expensive - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Rccg's "Open Heavens" Too Expensive (906 Views)

Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / See The Sacrifice Form RCCG Gave Members Asking For Houses, Cars, Lands & Money / Rccg Open Heavens 2018 Activation Pin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Rccg's "Open Heavens" Too Expensive by donpata(m): 2:04pm On Jan 03, 2016
I am not a member of RCCG but i respect Adeboye and use his "Open Heavens" devotional for some 3yrs running. Ive been buying for arnd 1k and though i can easily afford it, i think it is relativly expensive. Truth is the aim of writing such books is for the Gospel of Christ to spread like wild fire. i look at our Christian community and see how people struggle with poverty of knowledge and poverty of pocket. I then wonder how such people wil b willing to cough out 1k for a devotional they want to even see reasons not to read.

To me, searching for God's knowledge should not be expensive. There are many devotionals that are even distributed freely. some on the other hand only charge for cost of production while others even subsidize and sell below production cost. I think the RCCG is too Big and strong a church to not freely give or subsidise its devotional so as to reach many who cant afford it. Better still, why dont they sell at cost price rather than still aiming for profit. Am using RCCG cos that's the most costly of my devotionals. "Everyday with Jesus", "Daily manna" " Daily Power" etc cost much lesser. Abi is "Open Heavens" printed in Heaven?
My opinion sha.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Rccg's "Open Heavens" Too Expensive by Annunaki(m): 3:16pm On Jan 03, 2016
Bros it costs money to maintain a private jet? Or do you expect the heavens to open for jet maintenance money? cheesy grin
Re: Why Is Rccg's "Open Heavens" Too Expensive by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 03, 2016
The most disgraceful thing is that the money will not go to any orphanages or nada..... Only for Private Jets and Mansions
Re: Why Is Rccg's "Open Heavens" Too Expensive by vooks: 3:36pm On Jan 03, 2016
donpata:
I am not a member of RCCG but i respect Adeboye and use his "Open Heavens" devotional for some 3yrs running. Ive been buying for arnd 1k and though i can easily afford it, i think it is relativly expensive. Truth is the aim of writing such books is for the Gospel of Christ to spread like wild fire. i look at our Christian community and see how people struggle with poverty of knowledge and poverty of pocket. I then wonder how such people wil b willing to cough out 1k for a devotional they want to even see reasons not to read.

To me, searching for God's knowledge should not be expensive. There are many devotionals that are even distributed freely. some on the other hand only charge for cost of production while others even subsidize and sell below production cost. I think the RCCG is too Big and strong a church to not freely give or subsidise its devotional so as to reach many who cant afford it. Better still, why dont they sell at cost price rather than still aiming for profit. Am using RCCG cos that's the most costly of my devotionals. "Everyday with Jesus", "Daily manna" " Daily Power" etc cost much lesser. [size=18pt]Abi is "Open Heavens" printed in Heaven?[/size]
My opinion sha.
I once started a thread on why ministers sell their sermons

https://www.nairaland.com/2073914/why-pastors-sell-sermons

There is a thin line between avarice and ministerial support
Re: Why Is Rccg's "Open Heavens" Too Expensive by donpata(m): 4:26pm On Jan 03, 2016
The thing tire me ohh. I even downloaded the open heavens app so i can have my devotional on the go. still, the charge was gonna b 1k. i tried buying but i kept getting errors. I think if textbooks come with free access to some online resources, i should infact get access to the online version of the devotional free or at very minimal cost having already bought the hard copy. Christ talk to them pls.

(1) (Reply)

Pator Adeboye Predict Is Own Death / Creator Of Fake Website Selling Prayers Is Forced 2pay Back Over $7 Million To C / 12 Things You Don't Know About Legendary Pastor BENSON IDAHOSA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.