Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Did I Make A Wrong Decision ? Pls Help ! Before It's Too Late. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Did I Make A Wrong Decision ? Pls Help ! Before It's Too Late. (990 Views)

Waiting To Make The 'Perfect Decision' Is The Wrong Decision- Nimi Princewill / One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) / Did I Make A Mistake Studying Law? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did I Make A Wrong Decision ? Pls Help ! Before It's Too Late. by Born2bgreat(m): 2:11pm On Jan 03, 2016
Happy New Year my fellow nairalanders, how are u guys doing ? Very Fine. I guessed.

I create this thread purposely to share with you a decision I made, difficulty I'm undergoing therefrom and my feelings currently thereby seeking useful advice/help accordingly.

If I'm to narrate everything about myself here I'm very sure only few of you will be able to read till the last paragraph.
Succintly however, it's very unfortunate that getting close to fourty years of age I'm still single not because of any disablility in my body but due to total financial incapabillty. There is nothing tangible to lay claim on, except my certificate. Despite much efforts I have not been able to secure job notwithstanding my readiness to do ANY non illegal job no matter how small remuneration. I have no capital to start business even though I have idea of what to do. No collateral to secure loan. All I have is my God and my certificate. I'm from a very very very humble family.

Trying to answer your question of how I find myself in this sorry condition @ this age of mine will definitly amount to telling my story in detail which I want to avoid so as not to bore you with a problem that is specificaly mine.
But it's pertinent to know that I spent a large part of my early life ,after primary school, doing what my late parents, who were stark illitrates, considered to be best career for me (pardon me for keeping it or you can PM me to knw more).
Though not early enough, I later discovered myself as having potential ability to do more better than their chosen career for me. Hence my decision to enroll myself into one of the leading Nigerian Federal Universities where I read law even without attending secondary school mainly because doing so might amount to wasting more years of my life, precious part of which had already gone. What I did instead was Just buying necessary text books, read well and registered for WAEC and NECO exams. Thank God I graduated against all odds and the rest is now form a chapter in my biography. Some may be doubting but their inability to believe does not change its veracity.
Yes, I graduated but where is the money to finance my law school fees. All my efforts to solicit help from well-to-do nigerians are yet to be fruitful. Four years after my graduation.
Don't you have siblings ? Yes, I have, only that they are not on the same page with me. They myopicaly think I'm just wasting my time by derailing from our parents' chosen career. Even if they had reasoned with me, they have no means to help financially. I forget to add that I'm the last born and only graduate of my nuclear family, probably first graduate of the extended.

I'm now beginning to doubt whether in fact I'd not taken a very wrong decision by ever attempting to go to school at all not to talk of reading law(inability to proceed to the Nigerian Law School). Moreso as they are now like 'didn't we tell you?' Pls what's the solution now?

Thanks for reading and insults are welcomed but don't forget to call my attention to where I got it wrong and advise me on what next of action I should take.
In case you want private discussion with me pls do so via ibramans62k7@yahoo.com

Uncle Seun, Lalasticlala, ishilove, obynoscopy and all admin crew thank you for this opportunity.
Can you guys kindly contribute u quota by doing d needful. THANKS
Re: Did I Make A Wrong Decision ? Pls Help ! Before It's Too Late. by Vjcray: 2:25pm On Jan 03, 2016
[size=14pt] you Sure say them never use your pictures spread as mat so?

May none of our village community of witches use our pictures as a point of contact IJN cry
[/size]
Re: Did I Make A Wrong Decision ? Pls Help ! Before It's Too Late. by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 03, 2016
It's a good decision u made going back to school but the mistake lies in ur course of study. It's a waste of time and money plus restricted job opportunities in our current economy.
Too many lawyers. Fewer jobs for them. Btw canbi pm u I'd actually lice to know more about what caused this delay
Re: Did I Make A Wrong Decision ? Pls Help ! Before It's Too Late. by MRBrownJ: 4:02pm On Jan 03, 2016
you did what you believed was RIGHT by you, and thats all that matters. there are always obstacles in the path of life, nothing is easy but you must have a POSITIVE mindset. i can sense nothing but negative feels in what you wrote, and as much as your situation aint the best, i am sure there are many positive things in your life that you can be proud of. so count your blessings, and take a step (in the right direction at a time. keep your head up and keep doing what you are doing

as for you saying that you are single because you have no money, let me (be blunt and) say: OH SHUT IT!!!! your financial situation has nothing to do with your r/ship status. if that was true then there wouldnt be so many poor people out there happily married and having families. your LOW SELF ESTEEM and MISCONCEPTIONS are the reason why you are single. the minute you start to value yourself and love the man you see in the mirror, is the day you will have any chance of going forward in this issue (or any other).
Re: Did I Make A Wrong Decision ? Pls Help ! Before It's Too Late. by Born2bgreat(m): 4:40pm On Jan 03, 2016
you did what you believed was RIGHT by you, and thats all that matters. there are always obstacles in the path of life, nothing is easy but you must have a POSITIVE mindset. i can sense nothing but negative feels in what you wrote, and as much as your situation aint the best, i am sure there are many positive things in your life that you can be proud of. so count your blessings, and take a step (in the right direction at a time. keep your head up and keep doing what you are doing

as for you saying that you are single because you have no money, let me (be blunt and) say: OH SHUT IT!!!! your financial situation has nothing to do with your r/ship status. if that was true then there wouldnt be so many poor people out there happily married and having families. your LOW SELF ESTEEM and MISCONCEPTIONS are the reason why you are single. the minute you start to value yourself and love the man you see in the mirror, is the day you will have any chance of going forward in this issue (or any other).

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Did I Make A Wrong Decision ? Pls Help ! Before It's Too Late. by CharlyNick: 5:46pm On Jan 03, 2016
What you studied is irrelevant. What counts is knowing/mastering that course very well, and believing in your self.

Don't be let down by their perception. You alone hold they key to this.....
Re: Did I Make A Wrong Decision ? Pls Help ! Before It's Too Late. by Born2bgreat(m): 6:12pm On Jan 03, 2016
It's a good decision u made going back to school but the mistake lies in ur course of study. It's a waste of time and money plus restricted job opportunities in our current economy.
Too many lawyers. Fewer jobs for them. Btw canbi pm u I'd actually lice to know more about what caused this delay

Thanks for concern but the problem lies in my inability to proceed to the nigerian law school and not about the course per se
Re: Did I Make A Wrong Decision ? Pls Help ! Before It's Too Late. by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jan 03, 2016
Don't under-estimate ur father's business, go back and start doing it from scratch, don't mind what people ll say. Humble urself and God ll exalt you. Raise a capital from it, and start real business that can felch you a nice income..

NO KNOWLEDGE IS A WASTE
Re: Did I Make A Wrong Decision ? Pls Help ! Before It's Too Late. by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 03, 2016
Born2bgreat:

Thanks for concern but the problem lies in my inability to proceed to the nigerian law school and not about the course per se
necessity precedes passion in certain circumstances where there are e. G financial constraintS. I hope u understand what I'm saying. Btw, kindly check ur mail
Re: Did I Make A Wrong Decision ? Pls Help ! Before It's Too Late. by Vick4rill(m): 9:39pm On Jan 04, 2016
stardragon:
Don't under-estimate ur father's business, go back and start doing it from scratch, don't mind what people ll say. Humble urself and God ll exalt you. Raise a capital from it, and start real business that can felch you a nice income..

NO KNOWLEDGE IS A WASTE
do you even care to knw what the bussiness is all abt?sad
Re: Did I Make A Wrong Decision ? Pls Help ! Before It's Too Late. by Born2bgreat(m): 12:04pm On Jan 05, 2016
Vick4rill:
Vick4rill:

Thanks but it's not a bussines. You can mail me to knw more

(1) (Reply)

Photo: JSS 3 Nigerian Boy Constructs A Beautiful Duplex / How To Start A Cool Business With #2,500 And Make Upto 1million In Six Months. / Looking For Career Information And Guidance, Or Internship Positions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.