Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

The Single Most Important Attribute In Modern Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Single Most Important Attribute In Modern Football (2075 Views)

José Mourinho, The Anti-barcelona, Stands Alone In Modern Football / The Money Bags In Modern Football / Another Form Of Slave Trade In Modern Football? The Mikel Obi Saga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Single Most Important Attribute In Modern Football by jalether(m): 6:02pm On Jun 14, 2009
The question is what is the most important attribute a footballer must possess, ( i  know the attributes listed
below are all important but which one do you think is the most significant)

Pace
exquisite ball control
passing accuracy
short accuracy and power
physical dominance

and the list goes on, share your opinion
Re: The Single Most Important Attribute In Modern Football by bollingjoe(m): 6:25pm On Jun 14, 2009
I think its exquisite ball control cos people like zidane,ronaldinho,xavi and requelme all have good ball control dat is u can make d ball do wat u want it to do
Re: The Single Most Important Attribute In Modern Football by Krayola(m): 6:27pm On Jun 14, 2009
I think it depends on the position of the player and the team's style of play. And i'm not sure if there is one most important attribute . . it depends on how well u do what u are good at doing, and how it fits into the team's system of play.

That said, i'll go with the lowest common denominator, athleticism . . u can't be a professional footballer without that . .
Re: The Single Most Important Attribute In Modern Football by Sauron1: 9:33pm On Jun 14, 2009
jalether:

The question is what is the most important attribute a footballer must possess, ( i  know the attributes listed

Pace
exquisite ball control
passing accuracy
short accuracy and power
physical dominance

and the list goes on, share your opinion

Passing accuracy is the most important attribute in football. . . . .

A simple pass is not quite simple but when you watch players like Xavi, Cesc and Iniesta, you would appreciate it.
To give a pass and run into space to receive the pass is the most important thing in football.
Unfortunately, many English players lack this simple logic.
Re: The Single Most Important Attribute In Modern Football by MrCrackles(m): 9:40pm On Jun 14, 2009
jalether:

exquisite ball control

Without a decent/exquisite ball control, you cant really do anything else effectively!
You need to be able to control the ball if you are going to rip some pace
You need to be able to control the ball if you are going to string some passes together
You need to be able to control the ball if you are going set the ball up for a short
Physical dominance is nothing if you cant control the ball!
Re: The Single Most Important Attribute In Modern Football by prodijy: 9:52pm On Jun 14, 2009
Quite agree wit u on dat,4 witout it a player is jst lyk a train witout control.
Re: The Single Most Important Attribute In Modern Football by jalether(m): 10:30pm On Jun 14, 2009
@ mrcrackles, i cosign that, but at the same time there are certain situations where

a player doesn't have to control the ball
Re: The Single Most Important Attribute In Modern Football by jalether(m): 10:32pm On Jun 14, 2009
@ krayola, by athleticism do you mean pace.
Re: The Single Most Important Attribute In Modern Football by bollingjoe(m): 8:53am On Jun 15, 2009
@ mr crackles i second ur opinion. Lemme summarise it by sayin power is nothin witout control. Ball control is it
Re: The Single Most Important Attribute In Modern Football by allboyz(m): 12:21pm On Jun 15, 2009
Ball control - is the most important.

i think Sauron has never kicked a ball in his life before tongue grin grin
Re: The Single Most Important Attribute In Modern Football by jalether(m): 1:16pm On Jun 15, 2009
dead cheesy
Re: The Single Most Important Attribute In Modern Football by Ahmad1905: 2:41am On Oct 11, 2014
I would say :
Decision taking and off-ball movement.
Here is my full explanation and justification
http://100and21./2014/10/11/the-2-most-important-attributes-in-modern-football/

(1) (Reply)

Odion Ighalo Survives Car Crash (pics) / Are You Interested In Writing Betting Predictions And Earning Money? / Jesse Lingard To Join Young Africans Of Tanzania

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.