Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Use Of Artistes As Brand Ambassadors Is Destroying Our Moral System - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Use Of Artistes As Brand Ambassadors Is Destroying Our Moral System (584 Views)

UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? / Nigerians And Their Use Of The English language - BBC (Hilarious) / I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Use Of Artistes As Brand Ambassadors Is Destroying Our Moral System by LaurelP(m): 6:38pm On Jan 03, 2016
I don't really know the right section to post this but I guess education is OK.

For a long time now, I have been trying to make sense of the rational behind the use of artistes, celebrities, musicians etc as ambassadors by companies in the country.
Now I want to make it clear that I don't in any way hate our Naija artistes, as a matter of fact I respect them and even I am a fan of some of them. I listen to their music and watch their videos.

However the truth must be told no matter what.
My question is what have they accomplished to make them qualify for the post of ambassador that many companies give them? Companies like Glo, MTN, AIRTEL, NBL, and even oil companies like Forte oil pay these artists huge sums of money to become their ambassadors.

I'm aware that Glo for instance has used almost all the A list artist as their ambassadors while Forte oil has Tiwa Savage etc.
Even the Nigerian police recently made Korede Bello their youth ambassador.

Now my questions are :
What are these people contributing to the society?
What happened to our doctors, lawyers, engineers, business professionals etc?
Do they have moral background? These people promote indecency, drunkenness, unclothedness, drugs immortality etc yet they are made ambassadors.

The worst part is government agencies have also followed suit.
For god's sake, what does Korede Bello know about crime fighting that the police will make him an ambassador? What of those our graduates that made 1st Class in Criminology? why not use them to at least communicate to our youth that education, hardwork and resilience still pays.

What does Tiwa savage know about oil and gas? What happened to our petrochemical engineering graduates who did very well in school?

MTN, Glo, Etisalat and Airtel will dubiously collect our money and use it to pay these so called ambassadors millions of naira. meanwhile most of them owe their workers and pay peanuts as salaries.

Our youth are now led astray, they behave stupidly all in the name of mimicking celebrity. our ladies go naked, our guys dress like mad people, womanizing, smoking and drinking is the order of the day. Nobody wants to work hard again, read hard and concentrate.

We should reexamine our ways, set our priorities straight.
Our government should reward hard work, companies should start using people with high morals and ethical standards as ambassador because believe it or not, they impact on the youth. whatever they wear is what reigns, whatever they do is in Vogue.
Let's stop putting money and profit over morality and societal well-being.
Our children will suffer it.

Disclaimer: The information in this article is strictly my opinion .

Lalasticlala seun ishilove

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Use Of Artistes As Brand Ambassadors Is Destroying Our Moral System by Chommieblaq(f): 6:59pm On Jan 03, 2016
My Dear u just said ma mind.
Honestly to me it doesn't make sense, wah about creating an avenue to screen n pick from the masses making use of these product.

Most of these celebrities are already made, why not use that as a means of helping n encouraging the masses, people with morals, people with character that are worthy of emulation, people that are struggling and needs that boost.

This Nigeria for you, a country where we have many ambitious young people, inventing n innovating things, yet no one to encourage or support them, yet money are been spent on frivolities.

LET'S KEEP TALKING, LET'S KEEP VOICING IT OUT, HOPEFULLY CHANGE WILL COME!

(1) (Reply)

Nda 68rc Form / Teacher Comments On A Student's Script- (hilarious) / Pharmacy Students In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.