Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,037 members, 7,849,175 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 03:44 PM

***Stolen 2002 Mitsubushi Outlander For sale **** - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / ***Stolen 2002 Mitsubushi Outlander For sale **** (3696 Views)

2006 Mits Outlander For Quick Sale 650k / *sold*Sweet Reg/used 2010 Mitsubushi Outlander @ 1.5m *sold* / SOLD SOLD Very Clean Mitsubushi Outlander 2005 980K (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ***Stolen 2002 Mitsubushi Outlander For sale **** by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 23, 2009
sultaan:

Well this car went through the cracks, its a failure of Canadian customs if they did not detect the stolen truck. Its a damaged product on NL, but I see an opportunity for a bargain. I just don't know if the ghosts if this issue will show up at registration.

Stolen in Canada is not same as in naija(armed robbers), the shipper might be the one who reported it stolen to get insurance claim after ship leaves the port(you know our people)

grin thats a funny 1.
Re: ***Stolen 2002 Mitsubushi Outlander For sale **** by Busybody2(f): 10:06pm On Jun 23, 2009
sultaan:

Well this car went through the cracks, its a failure of Canadian customs if they did not detect the stolenĀ  truck. Its a damaged product on NL, but I see an opportunity for a bargain. I just don't know if the ghosts if this issue will show up at registration.

Stolen in Canada is not same as in naija(armed robbers), the shipper might be the one who reported it stolen to get insurance claim after ship leaves the port(you know our people)

New dimension to the story which we know always happens wink

Ehn hen, my darlink hubby, the voice of reason has spoken, I know I have good taste in men cheesy Keep it up boo, I am proud of you kiss
Re: ***Stolen 2002 Mitsubushi Outlander For sale **** by Igwe9(m): 10:10pm On Jun 23, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin The bottom line is that whoever is caught with the car pays the price. cheesy
Re: ***Stolen 2002 Mitsubushi Outlander For sale **** by dewoy: 10:14pm On Jun 23, 2009
i dnt undastand nairaland again
ur kids takes 20naira frm ur wallet, u beat him like hell.
someone is selling a stolen car and some fellow thieves are supporting his action&treating him with kind gloves
i pray that all who supports him,gets der cars stolen too
dis guy must be in police custody by now
rebranding starts from here
we dont need to wait for this senseless govt
Re: ***Stolen 2002 Mitsubushi Outlander For sale **** by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 23, 2009
emeshot is not responsible to anyone here and he shouldnt bear the burden of the dealer/importer angry he is just a middle man like many others.
Re: ***Stolen 2002 Mitsubushi Outlander For sale **** by dewoy: 10:26pm On Jun 23, 2009
thief steal am, come sell am to thief
thtas aw it works here in nigeria, pls ask a senior police officer to explain further ok
Re: ***Stolen 2002 Mitsubushi Outlander For sale **** by sultaan(m): 10:49pm On Jun 23, 2009
Read post # 16 by fhemmmy, its not the first time this is comming up
www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-176544.0.html+canada+stolen+vehicle+shipped+to+nigeria&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us">http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:gS6JgZso4ikJ:www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-176544.0.html+canada+stolen+vehicle+shipped+to+nigeria&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Here is an example

http://antifraudintl.org/showthread.php?t=18049
Busy_body:

New dimension to the story which we know always happens wink

Ehn hen, my darlink hubby, the voice of reason has spoken, I know I have good taste in men cheesy Keep it up boo, I am proud of you kiss

I'm flattered wink
Re: ***Stolen 2002 Mitsubushi Outlander For sale **** by Igwe9(m): 11:19pm On Jun 23, 2009
sad sad sad
Re: ***Stolen 2002 Mitsubushi Outlander For sale **** by Busybody2(f): 1:42am On Jun 24, 2009
smallmoney:

emeshot is not responsible to anyone here and he shouldnt bear the burden of the dealer/importer angry he is just a middle man like many others.

sultaan:

Read post # 16 by fhemmmy, its not the first time this is comming up
www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-176544.0.html+canada+stolen+vehicle+shipped+to+nigeria&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us">http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:gS6JgZso4ikJ:www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-176544.0.html+canada+stolen+vehicle+shipped+to+nigeria&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Here is an example

http://antifraudintl.org/showthread.php?t=18049

Surely you didn't expect anything less than people with characters like dewoy once a thread like this is left open, for them to take potshot at undecided

sultaan:

I'm flattered wink

For a titled man of sooooo many words, he is flattered is all he could say angry Chei, I hope no be say na anoda okobo I don jam so embarassed embarassed embarassed cheesy
Re: ***Stolen 2002 Mitsubushi Outlander For sale **** by Orisdude: 12:15pm On Jun 24, 2009
Emeshot should clear this up. I think he's an excellent dealer, but these things happen from time to time
(Or was he taking a calculated risk?)

Everyone has a cogent point here;
But I think the thread should stay; its a reminder to everyone not to take things for granted.
I recall that even inspired had a problem with a car he bought but was still been advertised on the car dealer's lot.

It makes the forum more real for customers like us- we have some type of assurance that the integrity of this forum is guarded zealously.
By being 'online', this mart is now a global meet place and should continue to project the image of a trustworthy entity.
Re: ***Stolen 2002 Mitsubushi Outlander For sale **** by Binumar: 1:20pm On Jun 24, 2009
Hi all,

I don't think it is proper for Emeshot not to respond to this. We need to hear him out on this issue.
Is he still selling this car or not?
Re: ***Stolen 2002 Mitsubushi Outlander For sale **** by lomaxbien(m): 2:46pm On Jun 24, 2009
@ NL
hey guys if emeshot says he is a middle man and not the real owner of the car then we all should take it that way atleast just like many i am a good fan of emeshot and i know he will never engage in any criminal act,guys plz we are here to help eachother emeshots not a thief and dos who know him (like me)will stick there head out for him.
i have played the role of a middle man many times without even running a VIN check,sometimes i recieve the vehicle history of my car from monitor 1,and thats the only way i get to know if it is clean title or not,make una take am easy for NL.

@ emeshot
i dont know what to say to you but u need to be carefull make u no enter trouble.
Re: ***Stolen 2002 Mitsubushi Outlander For sale **** by Jodesky(m): 3:18pm On Jun 24, 2009
My simple questions in the midst of all of these are :-

1. What is the legal implication for anyone who buys this car?'
2. Can the dealer pass GOOD title in view of the caveat arising from the Carfax report?
3. What ought to be the proper steps to be taken by the dealer (or his agent/ or Emeshot) in the circumstances of the discovery that the car may have been stolen?
4. Even obvious as it is that Emeshot has been responding via his proxies on this thread, Is it out of place for him to personally respond and confirm if the car is still being put on sale and also address issue No 2 above.

I am amazed at the trend of most responses here, which is suggestive of crime suppression. Guys should realise that this is an open forum and law enforcement agents have access to N/land like any other person, so the issue has gone beyond the conspiratorial padding going on here. Emeka will do well to tell us his side and more importantly the steps he has taken so far. I met him once and he appears quite sincere and open, so I have no reason to doubt him. Even if he made a mistake, it is still for him to say and not for busybodies to be taking aspirin for some else's headache.

Shikena
Re: ***Stolen 2002 Mitsubushi Outlander For sale **** by Nezan(m): 4:41pm On Jun 24, 2009
Emeshot should do us a favour by clearing his name in this mess.
Re: ***Stolen 2002 Mitsubushi Outlander For sale **** by boladez(m): 8:46pm On Jun 24, 2009
How can a car dealer or middleman or whoever, sell a vehicle without checking the title?? shocked

We should all be ashamed of the dealer rather than blaming the Moderator or seun, we are supposed to be the new breed Nigeria and have NO TOLERANCE for corruption. We should not only sit and blame leaders for cover ups and outright refusal to prosecute erring politicians when we cover our little sins

Moderator , You are doing a great job and God bless you. People like me are quite unhappy to see the subject of this thread being changed. The truth should overcome evil not the other way round.

This should be a lesson to all sellers to get the titles checked before putting up your vehicles for sale. I am quite shocked that some reputable dealers whom I see as mini gods are supporting emeshot rather than reprimanding the guy for his carelessness or complicity

I will personally report this to the authorities in canada and hope we are able to break a car theft syndicate or Insurance fraudster as speculated.

One love
Re: ***Stolen 2002 Mitsubushi Outlander For sale **** by emeshot: 9:08pm On Jun 24, 2009
Hello,

it took me courage to reply.a lot of courage to do this for i did not see it coming.i got this car from a customer whom i knew or got contact with from here,nairaland he tried buying a car through me but did not make it and he gave me this car to sell for him.but i did not ever think that it will be a stolen vehicle.monitor 1 wrote me on the 22 of this month notifying me of deleting this add and also telling me the bad news.the car has since that day withdrawn by the owner for i can"t be a party to such.

i am really sorry for these mistakes for i dont have a carfax login yet.

I am sincerely sorry and i am asking for pardon for i was ignorant of the history of this car.
Re: ***Stolen 2002 Mitsubushi Outlander For sale **** by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jun 24, 2009
emeshot:

Hello,

it took me courage to reply.a lot of courage to do this for i did not see it coming.i got this car from a customer whom i knew or got contact with from here,nairaland he tried buying a car through me but did not make it and he gave me this car to sell for him.but i did not ever think that it will be a stolen vehicle.monitor 1 wrote me on the 22 of this month notifying me of deleting this add and also telling me the bad news.the car has since that day withdrawn by the owner for i can"t be a party to such.

I am sincerely sorry and i am asking for pardon for i was ignorant of the history of this car.

Am Proud of you. wink cool
Re: ***Stolen 2002 Mitsubushi Outlander For sale **** by Igwe9(m): 9:16pm On Jun 24, 2009
emeshot:

Hello,

you 're forgiven brother. smiley cool i knew before hand that it wasn't intentional, though your post came rather too late sad
Now, people that are untiring after our industrious moderator/monitor through multiple usernames, oya!
tongue
Re: ***Stolen 2002 Mitsubushi Outlander For sale **** by sultaan(m): 9:24pm On Jun 24, 2009
Emeshot has nothing to do with stealing the car, the person who owns the car lot will be the person to question.For personal safety he can't tell you who owns the lot, but you can schedule an appointment to view the car and make all the enquiries you want.

@busy_body you know what they say about the Leopard?
Re: ***Stolen 2002 Mitsubushi Outlander For sale **** by sultaan(m): 9:28pm On Jun 24, 2009
emeshot:

Hello,

Some of us do understand, you've done a very honorable thing
Re: ***Stolen 2002 Mitsubushi Outlander For sale **** by KunleA2(m): 1:53am On Jun 25, 2009
emeshot:

Hello,

Mistakes will happen. But how we deal with it is what matters most. I dont believe Emeshot konw anything about the car. Nonetheless, he offered to sell the car, hence he got mixed up in the mess.

Funny thing is that the owner who brought the car to Naija "MIGHT" not have a clue. There have been cases of people owning/driving cars for year here in the US without a clue it was stolen.

You did a great thing mate!. Carry Go. Just be careful next time.
Re: ***Stolen 2002 Mitsubushi Outlander For sale **** by boladez(m): 6:37am On Jun 25, 2009
What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is rare. Emeshot , I am unhappy with the situation on ground but believe me I am thrown aback by your apology!!!!

I therefore join Emeshot in pleading for leniency fromĀ  My lords spiritual and Temporal of Nairaland!!!!!

Emeshot, you are a great man and not to worry, keep going (while holding on to the learnt lessons), , the sky is only your beginning. It is well with you Bro.

,, but those thieves who have put your hands in palm oil will be exposed!!!. angry
Re: ***Stolen 2002 Mitsubushi Outlander For sale **** by JAZES(m): 7:33am On Jun 25, 2009
Well said emeshot; am really proud of u and do keep up the good work.
Re: ***Stolen 2002 Mitsubushi Outlander For sale **** by viperman: 8:32am On Jun 25, 2009
smiley
Re: ***Stolen 2002 Mitsubushi Outlander For sale **** by nnemak(m): 10:14am On Jun 25, 2009
cheesy
a ha,

Thats how is should be. Explain urself at all times. i knew ur hands where clean grin
Re: ***Stolen 2002 Mitsubushi Outlander For sale **** by sonety2k(m): 10:32am On Jun 25, 2009
Na waooooooo
Re: ***Stolen 2002 Mitsubushi Outlander For sale **** by dewoy: 1:14pm On Jun 25, 2009
honesty the best policy
you shuld have explained this issue earlier,
its better late than never
i want to believe u are a good man
accept my sincere apology, av bn vry rude 2u.
cheers
Re: ***Stolen 2002 Mitsubushi Outlander For sale **** by Jodesky(m): 2:29pm On Jun 25, 2009
Emeka,

You are man of courage. Be careful who you deal with in future.

I salute your forthrightness.
Re: ***Stolen 2002 Mitsubushi Outlander For sale **** by Busybody2(f): 10:54pm On Jun 25, 2009
Hmmn, now that he has apologised, wonder if those non-busybodies who couldn't wait to be the one to throw the tyre round Emeshot's neck, would shed their hyprocrisy and put their money where their mouth is, and go after the main culprit, since they abhor crime suppression and conspiratorial padding and are all about tackling corruption undecided

I know I wouldn't be holding my breath for the bloody hyprocrites though cool
Re: ***Stolen 2002 Mitsubushi Outlander For sale **** by Igwe9(m): 11:00pm On Jun 25, 2009
haven't seen you in my bedroom last nyte, I thought they have arrested you in connection to the crime cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tokunbo 2003 Honda Accord (end Of Discussion) / Tokunbo 2006 Infiniti Fx35 Awd: Price: N4.8m Only / 2005 Acura Tl For Sale N1.8m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.