Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,593 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Soak Away /septic Tank Construction On Waterlogged Area - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Soak Away /septic Tank Construction On Waterlogged Area (12156 Views)

Should Kitchen And Bathroom Waste Go To The Septic Tank Or To The Soak Away / How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) / Elegant 3 Bedroom Bungalow Construction On Half Plot - Lekki (with Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Soak Away /septic Tank Construction On Waterlogged Area by ucheo: 8:48am On Jan 04, 2016
Good morning

Please I need good advise on how to construct soak away/septic tank in a land where we normally see water after 3 feet digging.
Re: Soak Away /septic Tank Construction On Waterlogged Area by diehard(m): 9:06am On Jan 04, 2016
Ask builders who regularly works around the Lekki/Ajah axis. They cast the four walls of the septic tank from ground level to what ever height you want and begins to sink in to ground by excavating the sands inside. At the same time pumping out the water continuously.
Re: Soak Away /septic Tank Construction On Waterlogged Area by mavverick: 10:04am On Jan 04, 2016
When I had mine done, this was the sequence albeit I might miss some points but you get the drill after reading this.

Decide on where it will be and the size etc.
Carpenter uses 1 by 12 wood or marine to construct like a box or frame structure.
Iron bender bends iron rebars for the formwork.
Carpenter constructs the inner frame
Iron bender tidies everything up.
You buy cement, sharp sand and also original water proof cement/additive.
The cement is mixed up and soak away casted from the surface.
Leave it to dry for over a week or so.
Bury the soakway by digging the ground from inside.
Have a pumping machine running, pumping out the water continuously.
If you require the base to be sealed, then again you will need water proof cement, DPC, some wood to block a hole or something. Then the base gets sealed leaving a little hole. I dont know why they do this.
Have the pumping machine continue to pump out the water.
Then after this, the small hole is also sealed as well.
Then you get plaster sand for the internal to be plastered.
Ensure that you have a cover for the top.

This is what I remember.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How Much Were You Charged For Power Consumption / Build A New House Vs Buy A New House / Every Home Deserves A Tastefully Furnished Product

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.