Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,043 members, 7,814,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Fuel Consumption Reduction Using Camphor - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fuel Consumption Reduction Using Camphor (8878 Views)

My People, Does AC Affect Fuel Consumption Of A Car? / Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs / Camphor In The Petrol Tank Anyone ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Consumption Reduction Using Camphor by kayne09: 4:22pm On Jan 04, 2016
I had a discussion with a friend of mine sometimes about cars and fuel consumption, then he made mention of reducing his car fuel consumption by putting some balls of camphor in his car fuel tank. He said he has been doing this in a while and the level at which his car consumes fuel really dropped. i did a light research on this on the internet and got few points.

Please i need some more confirmation from the house....my questions are as follows:

1. Has anyone else ever tried this and it worked out

2. If it does work....does it work for all car engine types: 4cylinders, V6 etc

3. What volume of camphor should be added in the fuel tank.

4. Does it have any side-effects.

Kindly share your thoughts on these if it actually works well.

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Consumption Reduction Using Camphor by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:09pm On Jan 04, 2016
kingreign I don reserve space for you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Consumption Reduction Using Camphor by disloman(m): 5:14pm On Jan 04, 2016
Wetin we no go see for this country.Na so we poor reach ni?
Re: Fuel Consumption Reduction Using Camphor by phemmyfour: 5:21pm On Jan 04, 2016
Though camphor is good but salt is the best

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Consumption Reduction Using Camphor by kingreign(m): 5:48pm On Jan 04, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
kingreign I don reserve space for you.
Boss thank you cheesy

kayne09:
I had a discussion with a friend of mine sometimes about cars and fuel consumption, then he made mention of reducing his car fuel consumption by putting some balls of camphor in his car fuel tank. He said he has been doing this in a while and the level at which his car consumes fuel really dropped. i did a light research on this on the internet and got few points.
Please i need some more confirmation from the house....my questions are as follows:
Thanks.
Bro, do it, its good. Believe me... People have tried it and it works
[size=1pt]Disclaimer: kingreign shall never be held responsible for any damage to car due to abuse[/size]
Re: Fuel Consumption Reduction Using Camphor by honmusa(m): 7:05pm On Jan 04, 2016
kayne09:

Thanks.

bros, i dey on ground to supply u engine when it happen ,i cant wait o cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Fuel Consumption Reduction Using Camphor by aieromon(m): 7:49pm On Jan 04, 2016
No wonder camphor dey scarce these days......

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Consumption Reduction Using Camphor by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 04, 2016
kayne09:
Thanks.

I've heard Lion Piss works really well. Even better if you actually wrestle with the Lion, and squeeze it's balls.

9 Likes

Re: Fuel Consumption Reduction Using Camphor by Eyop: 8:10pm On Jan 04, 2016
Siena:

I've heard Lion Piss works really well. Even better if you actually wrestle with the Lion, and squeeze it's balls.

grin grin grin
Re: Fuel Consumption Reduction Using Camphor by disloman(m): 8:13pm On Jan 04, 2016
Siena:

Lolzzzzzz
Re: Fuel Consumption Reduction Using Camphor by 9icetoo(m): 8:28pm On Jan 04, 2016
grin
Siena:

u r just a clown. grin
Siena:

u r just a clown.
Re: Fuel Consumption Reduction Using Camphor by MaziOmenuko: 10:54am On Jan 05, 2016
Try the shell of a tortoise: especially one that lived upwards of 20yrs.

Tortoise shell is a fluid adsorbent, this surface reaction converts the straight chain carbons in PMS to a semi-branched chain, thus increasing its boiling point and density.

Thank me later. wink wink wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Consumption Reduction Using Camphor by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 05, 2016
phemmyfour:
Though camphor is good but salt is the best

wicked man, salt will cause the engine to knock. DONT TRY IT. angry

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Consumption Reduction Using Camphor by micklplus(m): 3:47pm On Jan 05, 2016
Siena:

Wickedness! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fuel Consumption Reduction Using Camphor by kingreign(m): 4:32pm On Jan 05, 2016
kaeforum:

wicked man, salt will cause the engine to knock. DONT TRY IT. angry
Evil man, what do you know about modern engines. tongue embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Consumption Reduction Using Camphor by Lagusta(m): 1:04am On Jan 06, 2016
Siena:

oh my good Lord!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fuel Consumption Reduction Using Camphor by cmoney22222: 9:50am On Jan 06, 2016
This is Wht that worked for me, I bought coolant and refrigerated on 26, then poured the coolant where it is meant to be, bought fuel half tank, drove from lagos to my villa, calabar. Fuel no move at all. Now at bck to lagos. Guys try it. It works

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Consumption Reduction Using Camphor by chillex8(m): 10:17am On Jan 06, 2016
cmoney22222:
This is Wht that worked for me, I bought coolant and refrigerated on 26, then poured the coolant where it is meant to be, bought fuel half tank, drove from lagos to my villa, calabar. Fuel no move at all. Now at bck to lagos. Guys try it. It works

Distance from lagos to calabar is approx 700Km

I want to assume that your Half-tank capacity is 35litres.

So you are saying you did aprox 200Km for every 10litres of gas

On a 1997 toyota camry 2.2L I-4 engine?

Let GOD speak to you

5 Likes

Re: Fuel Consumption Reduction Using Camphor by cmoney22222: 11:11am On Jan 06, 2016
U don't understand, I bought the coolant and put it inside the freeze to cool. So the fuel didnt
chillex8:
didn't consume at all. Try it. No need to buy fuel again this year

tance from lagos to calabar is approx 700Km

I want to assume that your Half-tank capacity is 35litres.

So you are saying you did aprox 200Km for every 10litres of gas

On a 1997 toyota camry 2.2L I-4 engine?

Let GOD speak to you
Re: Fuel Consumption Reduction Using Camphor by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:21pm On Jan 06, 2016
cmoney22222:

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRh2TtE88MnPZuWrpyR9-V5LhBf8523ZyuKo-I2xUJw-8pMiOswmA[/img]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Consumption Reduction Using Camphor by nakoks(m): 7:39am On Jan 07, 2016
This same camphor story was suggested to me by a fuel attendant in one Oando fuel station in Ikeja.I just wondered cos he said it helps to get rid of dirt in the fuel tank.I just said thank you,I will pass on that one.Before i take my hand buy wahala.OP you can try it sha and give us feedback.
Re: Fuel Consumption Reduction Using Camphor by Denn(m): 8:15am On Jan 07, 2016
Don't condemn every opinion without doing some research.

Below is an answer to this question which was asked on yahoo (a simple google search). Whilst i am not advocating for its use, it should be understood that it was actually used in the past to boost octane levels when this was around 60.

Two questions came to my mind; is our octane level in Nigeria below 90 and does the mothballs sold in Nigeria contain pure Naphthalene. These should be the angle of discussion we explore as we try to unravel this.

Let's also refrain from putting fellow Nairalanders on ridicule. Not everyone knows all about cars. I am of the opinion that cartalk is dry because people prefer to visit kazeems than ask questions here...at least the kazeem would not put him/her on a worldwide ridicule.

Thanks

CC: Kayne09

There are two types of mothballs. The old kind is naphthalene. It is ok to put this type in your engine, although I will tell you below why it may not be beneficial. (Naphthalene is actually still burned at my local power plant to produce electricity!) The newer style is paradichlorobenzene (moth chrystals). When combusted, the clorine in this forms hydrochloric acid - which will damage your engine.

Naphthalene mothballs were commonly put in fuel in the 50s-70s as an additive when street racing/hot rodding etc. It worked by improving the octane of gasoline. Keep in mind, the octane rating of gas back then was fairly low - about 60. Naphthalene has an octane rating of 90 so it would boost the octane of gas considerably. Todays gasoline is rated 87(regular) to 92/93 (Premium). Obviously it would improve the octane of regular gas, but not noticibly. The theoretical maximum octane rating that you can achieve by mixing mothballs and regular gas is <90. If you add it to Premium gas, it will actually DECREASE your octane rating.

So, if you already added some naphthalene mothballs to your motorcycle, you should be ok. Just don't do it anymore as continued use may cause carbon buildup and fouling of your sparkplugs. If you put in paradichlorobenzene, then drain immediately.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060608044243AA7oPRw

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Consumption Reduction Using Camphor by Miyake8: 1:55pm On Nov 07, 2023
[quote author=kayne09 post=41649051]I had a discussion with a friend of mine sometimes about cars and fuel consumption, then he made mention of reducing his car fuel consumption by putting some balls of camphor in his car fuel tank. He said he has been doing this in a while and the level at which his car consumes fuel really dropped. i did a light research on this on the internet and got few points.

Thanks.

I know many of my friends that have been using this and nothing has happened to their engine
Re: Fuel Consumption Reduction Using Camphor by fineboynl(m): 9:02pm On Nov 07, 2023
It worth experimenting with a small generator..

You know the piston ring is very sensitive. Any thing that will effect it should be avoided.

The fuel we have in this country are bad fuel which have destroyed many engines.

Its very bad to buy fuel from different Fillingstation. Just choose one or two

(1) (Reply)

Pimping My 2007 Camry SE! / Which Is Better; Lexus RX 350 Or Toyota Highlander / Got Smoked By A 2007 Camry V6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.