Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

I Need Help With SQL. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Need Help With SQL. (1582 Views)

SQL Server / Help With Sql Servers, Db Design Tools And PHP / SQL Database Repair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help With SQL. by Karlebolu(m): 6:42pm On Jan 04, 2016
I downloaded Mysql but the app keeps force closing, I installed Microsoft Acess but it disappeared.

I have Wamp server which I think can run SQL.

Now the pressing issue is that, I want to add the Northwind sample database to the SQL in Wamp server so I can learn with it.

Any one?
Re: I Need Help With SQL. by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 04, 2016
use server sql express db
Re: I Need Help With SQL. by Karlebolu(m): 6:53pm On Jan 04, 2016
proxy20:
use server sql express db

Is it an app?

More suggestions plsss. embarassed
Re: I Need Help With SQL. by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 04, 2016
It is a sql database management system . The size is about 800mb or more . It is free to use and it just like Ms acess .
Re: I Need Help With SQL. by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jan 04, 2016
Karlebolu:
I downloaded Mysql but the app keeps force closing, I installed Microsoft Acess but it disappeared.

I have Wamp server which I think can run SQL.

Now the pressing issue is that, I want to add the Northwind sample database to the SQL in Wamp server so I can learn with it.

Any one?

Santa maria! you don 'discombolate' me wey be ogbonge programmer.

If you have your wamp server installed and running, it will already be running mysql like you rightly assumed.

You have the following options:
1. Use MySQL console - which allows you to type in your query directly.
2. Use phpmyadmin to work - this gives you a GUI to work.
3. Use a third-party tool like MySQL Workbench to connect.
Re: I Need Help With SQL. by Karlebolu(m): 8:23pm On Jan 04, 2016
dhtml18:

Santa maria! you don 'discombolate' me wey be ogbonge programmer.

If you have your wamp server installed and running, it will already be running mysql like you rightly assumed.

You have the following options:
1. Use MySQL console - which allows you to type in your query directly.
2. Use phpmyadmin to work - this gives you a GUI to work.
3. Use a third-party tool like MySQL Workbench to connect.

Which kain exclamation be Santa Maria? gringringrin

Thanks for your input.

Since I have SQL running, how can I include an already made database in my wampserver's SQL?
Re: I Need Help With SQL. by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jan 04, 2016
Lets leave Mariah the mother of Jesus and Mariah Carey alone this time,
MySQL Server is running on your system already - at least it runs when you start your wamp server.
But there is no freaking way you are going to just put a database inside the server like you copy and paste something.

That your database must exist in a particular form, possible options:
1. A file or set of text files with .sql extension signifying SQL Import queries, or
2. A set of sql tables existing with funny extensions which i cannot remember at the moment

Both of them have different means of transferring. Now that you got the server, you need to familiarize yourself with the SQL clients.
Without SQL clients, it is like having an internet enabled device without a browser - get the point?

In my earlier post, i itemized 3 stuffs, and all the three are SQL clients - softwares that allow you to browse/manipulate your SQL server. All three of them can do the task you wish to do. The first 2 automatically come with wamp.

If you want to learn more about the third, you might start from my post here - http://www.Nairaland.com/blogs/featuring-mysql-workbench--a-visual-design-tool-for-every-mysql-developer

For now, your question is vague and unspecific, and lacks substantial evidence to know the exact problem you are having. That is why i am having to write epistles in an attempt to answer you.
Re: I Need Help With SQL. by Karlebolu(m): 9:02pm On Jan 04, 2016
@dhtml8

I didn't intend to control C control V a database, the database are actually an SQL file i.e blahblahblah.sql the other is Johndoe.zip.sql or something like that.

Under SQL in Wamp I can see some databases, that was why I asked if it's possible to add a .sql file to wamp's SQL.
Re: I Need Help With SQL. by flenzo: 9:14pm On Jan 04, 2016
Karlebolu:
@dhtml8

I didn't intend to control C control V a database, the database are actually an SQL file i.e blahblahblah.sql the other is Johndoe.zip.sql or something like that.

Under SQL in Wamp I can see some databases, that was why I asked if it's possible to add a .sql file to wamp's SQL.

If you have an already existing database.Then go to myphpadmin on wampserver,and just do database import.But if you must query the database then you will have to create a connection file/program or use the console directly..........

1 Like

Re: I Need Help With SQL. by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 04, 2016
flenzo:

If you have an already existing database.Then go to myphpadmin on wampserver,and just do database import.But if you must query the database then you will have to create a connection file/program or use the console directly..........
Thank you very much.
Just start your wamp server, visit http://localhost/phpmyadmin/ in your browser. You can create a database and import the sql file there.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

See As This Programmer Murdered His Fellow Programmer... Chai! / SOFTWARE DEVELOPER:- Java(ee And SE) And Android/ios / Introduction To Java

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.