Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,146 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

What Is The Fuss About Digital Marketing? 12 Things You Need To Know - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Fuss About Digital Marketing? 12 Things You Need To Know (3554 Views)

Things You Need To Know About Digital Marketing / 12 Things You Should Give Up If You Want To Be Successful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Fuss About Digital Marketing? 12 Things You Need To Know by gbengalite(m): 8:01am On Jan 05, 2016
Digital Marketing 1.0 Demystified! You Want To Learn! We Want To Teach!

‘Disclaimer’

If you really care about the recent buzz on Digital Marketing this post is meant for you else please don’t continue.*I don’t mean to be mean*

--

The frequent questions I see nowadays, gave me the needed impetus to break the monster in Digital marketing, at least to a layman.

From [url="https://www.nairaland.com/2822790/want-improve-career-4-new"]Nairaland[/url], Quora to[url="https://www./what-fuss-digital-marketing-12-things-you-need-know-gbenga-ogunbiyi?trk=pulse_spock-articles"] LinkedIn[/url] Back to [url="http://twitter.com/ppcdigitals"]Twitter[/url], then to[url="https://web.facebook.com/ppcdigitals/"] Facebook[/url]; one thing is common, the question about ‘what Digital Marketing really is’ and ‘how can it be learnt’ and by who?

I did research on Google Keyword Planner and Trends, just to analyze the ‘Big Data’ of Nigerians search queries about Digital marketing. Top on the list is, ‘What is digital marketing’ and ‘digital marketing training’ averaging 500 searches monthly, now I know there is a problem. People really want to learn, it’s quite unfortunate there is little or no information, so below is the answer. As a Search marketer I preempt users’ intent, I spend time traversing through the lonely wilderness of ‘big data’; I must confess, it could be boring. My measure of success is defined by our many lives I can touch, that’s why I have dedicated certain part of my life on training people about digital marketing (interested? mail: training@ppc.ng).

Below is the top 12 pillars of digital marketing, with the assumption that you already have a landing page or website.

[url="https://web.facebook.com/ppcdigitals/"]Join Our Online Community[/url]

Introduction to Digital Marketing
:

It’s simply the digital way of showcasing your brand/product to a wider audience. Digital marketing is the marketing of your product or service online while making use of digital channels. As such, it’s a more proper name instead of ‘online marketing’ or ‘internet marketing’. You need to understand what digital marketing is not and what it is. I’ll take you through what I’ve learnt while working with some of the biggest brands in Africa across niches’ like e-Commerce, Banking, Gaming and Lottery, Fashion, Real Estate, Beauty, Law, IM and Chatting Applications etc.

Search Engine Optimization(SEO):

SEO is the most talked about part of digital marketing, it is the collections of different strategies that ensures your Webpage is on the search engine result page (SERP). It’s earned, hence, it is not a paid service.

It averages about 4,000 searches monthly on Google NG Search Engine from my research. I spoke with a lot of Nigerians, the truth be told; some have one time or the other heard the term SEO. While some have never heard of it. Those that have heard didn’t really know the meaning and never bothered to research or ask someone who knows.

Because attention span is short, I’ll highlight few key points you need to know about: What SEO is?Types: blackhat SEO, whitehat SEO, offpage SEO, onPage SEO, marketing SEO, technical SEO. planning SEO For a website, preparing SEO report, Search console

Search Engine Marketing(Pay Per Click-PPC):
http://www.ppc.ng/practical-pay-per-click-digital-marketing-training-session-in-lagos-nigeria-ppc-ng/

SEM as it’s fondly called is the marketing part of search engine. You pay to get your products/business/ads/web shown to millions of African that search the Search engines (notable here is, Google, Yahoo and Bing. While Yandex and Baidu are much popular in Asia, ahead of Yahoo & Bing).

If you don’t have time for the different SEO strategies that is slowly earned. PPC is the payment means for this kind of advert; it means you pay only when someone clicks your ads. You now know where we coined ppc.ng from?

I’ll show you the different ads networks, take into how to research and forecast keywords, search campaign, tracking & measuring ROI, Budgeting and allocating funds to different online advert channels.

Social Media Marketing:

As the name implies, it is the marketing part of social media. A lot of people call themselves online marketer simply because they know the other part of social media, which I term ‘community management’.

Here I will show you the Facebook marketing part-‘Like conversion’, ‘Sponsored post’, ‘Website Conversion’, ‘Sponsored Post’, ‘Mobile app Engagement’, ‘Mobile App Installs’, ‘Claim your offer’ ‘Video views’ ‘Event’

Twitter Marketing, Linkedin marketing, how advertise on Instagram?

Email Marketing:

These days, because of the proliferation of smartphones, 80% of people (smartphones users) get their email on the go. It’s much cheaper and has a lower CPA (cost per acquisition).

Today, marketers have turned this channel into a cliche and people are tired of receiving emails. I’ll take you through, what is email marketing and how to write a creative copy to increase the open rate? Biggest challenge in email marketing, Increasing email subscription/ opt-in list, creating your own email list of millions of email id’s, Inbox Deliverability, Multiple Email Campaigns, Measurement & Metrics.

Google Analytics and other Web Analytics Dashboard:

Web analytics shows you the in depth insight of all engagement activities on your site/blog. You want to know where your visitors are coming from, you want to know the number of visitors viewing your web in real-time, where they go to immediately after leaving your web page? Which keyword they searched for before getting to your web? How long did they use surfing your web? Did they buy anything (conversion)? Their location, what device are they accessing your web with (mobile, Tab or Desktop?), what browsers? What OS(Windows or Mac)? Did they come from your Social channel? Organic search? Paid Search? Email channel?

I’ll show you how to monitor bounce rate, visitors’ behaviors, tracking conversion, setting up dashboards, and taking corrective actions if required.

Let's take a break here. Because attention span is short, you may wish to click on the link below to continue this informative article.

Source: http://www.ppc.ng/what-is-digital-marketing-12-pillars-of-digital-marketing/
https://www./what-fuss-digital-marketing-12-things-you-need-know-gbenga-ogunbiyi?trk=pulse_spock-articles

tags: digital marketing in nigeriaX digital marketing instituteX digital marketing nigeriaX digital marketing strategyX digital marketing trainingX Email marketingX SEOX social mediaX What is digital marketing

1 Like

Re: What Is The Fuss About Digital Marketing? 12 Things You Need To Know by oluwafreshkid(m): 9:25am On Jan 05, 2016
Re: What Is The Fuss About Digital Marketing? 12 Things You Need To Know by Softhands(m): 9:48am On Jan 05, 2016
Pure Advert... I expected you'd mention Inbound Marketing/Social Media Content Management..
if you are really serious go to hubspot , alison.com or udemy...There a tons of ready resources there for free!

BTW nice job.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Fuss About Digital Marketing? 12 Things You Need To Know by gbengalite(m): 12:54pm On Jan 05, 2016
Thanks for the comment.

1. Like i said, attention span is short. I'll add the remaining ones later.
2. I'm focusing on the marketing part alone, I've assumed most guys know so much about Social media community management. They will tell you, 'we can do it by ourselves'. I mentioned it in the article, may be you didn't read fully.
3. I've touched some part of inbound marketing, others will be added.
4. Yes, there are resources in the aforementioned sites, quite very good ones. They tell most of their experience as it relates to Silicon Valley and the American market. I'll tell mine as it relates to the Nigerian market and the essence of digital marketing is to boost sales, double conversion, increase revenue in the market of your client.

I’ll take you through what I’ve learnt while working with some of the biggest brands in Africa across niches’ like e-Commerce, Banking, Gaming and Lottery, Fashion, Real Estate, Beauty, Law, IM and Chatting Applications etc.

Softhands:
Pure Advert... I expected you'd mention Inbound Marketing/Social Media Content Management..
if you are really serious go to hubspot , alison.com or udemy...There a tons of ready resources there for free!

BTW nice job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Fuss About Digital Marketing? 12 Things You Need To Know by Softhands(m): 1:43pm On Jan 05, 2016
gbengalite:
Thanks for the comment.

1. Like i said, attention span is short. I'll add the remaining ones later.
2. I'm focusing on the marketing part alone, I've assumed most guys know so much about Social media community management. They will tell you, 'we can do it by ourselves'. I mentioned it in the article, may be you didn't read fully.
3. I've touched some part of inbound marketing, others will be added.
4. Yes, there are resources in the aforementioned sites, quite very good ones. They tell most of their experience as it relates to Silicon Valley and the American market. I'll tell mine as it relates to the Nigerian market and the essence of digital marketing is to boost sales, double conversion, increase revenue in the market of your client.

I’ll take you through what I’ve learnt while working with some of the biggest brands in Africa across niches’ like e-Commerce, Banking, Gaming and Lottery, Fashion, Real Estate, Beauty, Law, IM and Chatting Applications etc.

I'd like to be a part of your team if you don't mind.
Re: What Is The Fuss About Digital Marketing? 12 Things You Need To Know by gbengalite(m): 1:51pm On Jan 05, 2016
Softhands:
I'd like to be a part of your team if you don't mind.

Kindly mail opportunity@ppc.ng and let's see the opportunity we have for you!

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Fuss About Digital Marketing? 12 Things You Need To Know by gbengalite(m): 7:03pm On Jan 06, 2016
I will post the other part soon
Re: What Is The Fuss About Digital Marketing? 12 Things You Need To Know by Davidbee(m): 8:28pm On Jan 06, 2016
gbengalite:
I will post the other part soon

Good job bro...keep it up. I'm a social media strategist and I can relate with all you posted above. Good work bro

1 Like

Re: What Is The Fuss About Digital Marketing? 12 Things You Need To Know by PPCDigitals: 8:37pm On Jan 06, 2016
The hottest skill in town....As Digital Marketing Officer you can earn close to N300k monthly for a salary job or work on a freelance for different Clients. With 6month-12 months experience you can earn 120-200k depending on your negotiation skills. While fresh off training, no or little experience you can earn N80-120K
Re: What Is The Fuss About Digital Marketing? 12 Things You Need To Know by gbengalite(m): 1:55pm On Jan 09, 2016
True
Re: What Is The Fuss About Digital Marketing? 12 Things You Need To Know by choix007(m): 7:32am On Jan 10, 2016
PPCDigitals:
The hottest skill in town....As Digital Marketing Officer you can earn close to N300k monthly for a salary job or work on a freelance for different Clients. With 6month-12 months experience you can earn 120-200k depending on your negotiation skills. While fresh off training, no or little experience you can earn N80-120K
Good Morning,

I would love to know more about this, how do I go about it?
Re: What Is The Fuss About Digital Marketing? 12 Things You Need To Know by Yanglee(m): 7:58am On Jan 10, 2016
Hello, am interested in learning more about the digital marketing. Kindly send details to doseni@yahoo.com. thanks
Re: What Is The Fuss About Digital Marketing? 12 Things You Need To Know by PPCDigitals: 9:37pm On Jan 10, 2016
choix007:

Good Morning,

I would love to know more about this, how do I go about it?

Kindly mail training@ppc.ng Thanks
Re: What Is The Fuss About Digital Marketing? 12 Things You Need To Know by PPCDigitals: 9:39pm On Jan 10, 2016
Yanglee:
Hello, am interested in learning more about the digital marketing. Kindly send details to doseni@yahoo.com. thanks

Details sent.

Please confirm receipt. Thanks for showing interest!
Re: What Is The Fuss About Digital Marketing? 12 Things You Need To Know by gbengalite(m): 8:55am On Jan 12, 2016
Re: What Is The Fuss About Digital Marketing? 12 Things You Need To Know by oluwafreshkid(m): 9:36am On Jan 13, 2016
PPCDigitals:

Please, do you mean to say I can take digital marketing up as a career? Please I'd like to know more about this.
Akintundeakingbehin@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: What Is The Fuss About Digital Marketing? 12 Things You Need To Know by cjfn(f): 9:44am On Jan 13, 2016
Good morning
Please I would like to know how it works, cos I don't mind taking it up as a Career.
Thank u.
chioma.nwankwo062@gmail.com
Re: What Is The Fuss About Digital Marketing? 12 Things You Need To Know by PPCDigitals: 7:09am On Jan 14, 2016
oluwafreshkid:

Please, do you mean to say I can take digital marketing up as a career? Please I'd like to know more about this.
Akintundeakingbehin@gmail.com

Yes, you can
Re: What Is The Fuss About Digital Marketing? 12 Things You Need To Know by oluwafreshkid(m): 8:48am On Jan 14, 2016
PPCDigitals:

Yes, you can
Thanks for your reply.
How do I learn?
Re: What Is The Fuss About Digital Marketing? 12 Things You Need To Know by PPCDigitals: 12:38pm On Jan 14, 2016
oluwafreshkid:

Thanks for your reply.
How do I learn?

Email sent, kindly confirm on receipt.
Re: What Is The Fuss About Digital Marketing? 12 Things You Need To Know by oluwafreshkid(m): 1:22pm On Jan 14, 2016
PPCDigitals:

Thanks...mail received
Re: What Is The Fuss About Digital Marketing? 12 Things You Need To Know by PPCDigitals: 9:19pm On Jan 14, 2016
oluwafreshkid:

Thanks...mail received

Sounds good!
Re: What Is The Fuss About Digital Marketing? 12 Things You Need To Know by lynnfeb(f): 9:51pm On Jan 14, 2016
Please I would also love to learn and know more about it. Thanks. lyndaugah@gmail.com
Re: What Is The Fuss About Digital Marketing? 12 Things You Need To Know by PPCDigitals: 8:50pm On Jan 16, 2016
Sent, please confirm on receipt.
Re: What Is The Fuss About Digital Marketing? 12 Things You Need To Know by PPCDigitals: 8:59pm On Jan 16, 2016
lynnfeb:
Please I would also love to learn and know more about it. Thanks. lyndaugah@gmail.com

Sent, please confirm on receipt.
Re: What Is The Fuss About Digital Marketing? 12 Things You Need To Know by dasphinx1(m): 9:23am On Jan 18, 2016
cool
Re: What Is The Fuss About Digital Marketing? 12 Things You Need To Know by dasphinx1(m): 9:24am On Jan 18, 2016
Re: What Is The Fuss About Digital Marketing? 12 Things You Need To Know by PPCDigitals: 7:17pm On Jan 18, 2016
dasphinx1:
Omo see knowledge flying around here and i am busy playing at the phones section!!!! Op, i am equally interested in taking it up as a career. My email addy is femielujoba@gmail.com. thanks alot for the info...

Re: What Is The Fuss About Digital Marketing? 12 Things You Need To Know by gideonjeta(m): 8:11pm On Jan 18, 2016
I am also interested in acquiring the knowledge. gideonjeta@gmail.com is my email.Thanks
Re: What Is The Fuss About Digital Marketing? 12 Things You Need To Know by contactlenz: 9:11pm On Jan 18, 2016
PPCDigitals:

Please am interested
Re: What Is The Fuss About Digital Marketing? 12 Things You Need To Know by gbengalite(m): 5:14pm On Jan 20, 2016
gideonjeta:
I am also interested in acquiring the knowledge. gideonjeta@gmail.com is my email.Thanks

Sent
Re: What Is The Fuss About Digital Marketing? 12 Things You Need To Know by gbengalite(m): 11:21am On Jan 25, 2016
contactlenz:

Please am interested
funtee002@gmail.com

sent

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tiger Foods Interview (salary For Graduates) / FRESH GRADUATE RECRUITMENT AT RECKITT BENCKISER / Scam Alert: List Of Fake Grants Defrauding Nigerians Of Their Hard-earned Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.