Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,777 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

How Can I Increase The Maximum Upload Of My Blog? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Can I Increase The Maximum Upload Of My Blog? (751 Views)

How Do I Increase Sales Using Facebook Ads / How Can I Increase My Adsense Earning / Webmasters How Do I Increase The Size Of The Text In My signature? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Increase The Maximum Upload Of My Blog? by Chiscomax(m): 9:09am On Jan 05, 2016
Goodmorning my fellow nairaland members. I am new to this blogging with wordpress(the website has been hosted). i tried uploading some files and it says the maximum file size i can upload is 2MB. Please i need advice/ help on how to go about this. i am hosting it with more than 1GB capacity.

Thanks alot
Re: How Can I Increase The Maximum Upload Of My Blog? by emmyw(m): 10:20am On Jan 05, 2016
Chiscomax:
Goodmorning my fellow nairaland members. I am new to this blogging with wordpress(the website has been hosted). i tried uploading some files and it says the maximum file size i can upload is 2MB. Please i need advice/ help on how to go about this. i am hosting it with more than 1GB capacity.

Thanks alot
I don't get you correctly, this response, was it from your host or from your admin panel?
Re: How Can I Increase The Maximum Upload Of My Blog? by Chiscomax(m): 11:19am On Jan 05, 2016
emmyw:
I don't get you correctly, this response, was it from your host or from your admin panel?

from my wordpress admin panel it says i cant upload file of more than 2MB
Re: How Can I Increase The Maximum Upload Of My Blog? by bassdow: 12:35pm On Jan 05, 2016
Chiscomax:

Thanks alot

This can be done /changed in a number of ways but you need to be careful in editing certain files so you don't mess things up.

Moreover you didn't tell Us if you are on a hosted wordpress (e.g Chiscomax.WordPress. com) or you are hosting it yourself (e.g Chiscomax.com).

Anyway the simple way of increasing that limit is thus:

Locate and add this to top of wp-config.php

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '64M');

NB: The wp-config.php file is part of your wordPress installation files.
It's the same file that holds your database details. Find it and add that line of code to it.
Mind you, you must be on a self-hosted wordpress (e.g Chiscomax.com) for it to work for you.

Another method is adding this line of code to your php.ini file

upload_max_filesize = 64M
post_max_size = 64M

The php.ini file is part of your web hosting files. Find it and add those lines of codes to it.

PS: Remember all the 2 different ways I gave you would only work in a self-hosted WordPress website.

If you can't do it, find someone who can or contact their customer support and they would help you
Re: How Can I Increase The Maximum Upload Of My Blog? by donsheddy1(m): 12:45pm On Jan 05, 2016
The fix for this error is quite easy for a pro and tiring for an amateur. Here's a simple fix for you.

1: If your host is a vps, then open your php.ini file and search for 2000 mb and increase to your satisfaction.

2: If it's not a vps, then contact your service provider to help you upgrade this by themselves.

3: you can simply upload files using your ftp software into your web host with ease.

4: You need to include a php function to automatically overwrite your default php.INI in your WordPress function.php page. This process most times doesn't work effectively unless a pro php developer is around you to fix this.

Need more help? Drop it here or whatsapp me 08031975415

Chiscomax:

Thanks alot
Re: How Can I Increase The Maximum Upload Of My Blog? by Chiscomax(m): 1:12pm On Jan 05, 2016
bassdow:

This can be done /changed in a number of ways but you need to be careful in editing certain files so you don't mess things up.

Moreover you didn't tell Us if you are on a hosted wordpress (e.g Chiscomax.WordPress. com) or you are hosting it yourself (e.g Chiscomax.com).

Anyway the simple way of increasing that limit is thus:

Locate and add this to top of wp-config.php

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '64M');

NB: The wp-config.php file is part of your wordPress installation files.
It's the same file that holds your database details. Find it and add that line of code to it.
Mind you, you must be on a self-hosted wordpress (e.g Chiscomax.com) for it to work for you.

Another method is adding this line of code to your php.ini file

upload_max_filesize = 64M
post_max_size = 64M

The php.ini file is part of your web hosting files. Find it and add those lines of codes to it.

PS: Remember all the 2 different ways I gave you would only work in a self-hosted WordPress website.

If you can't do it,find someone who can

It is a self hosted website. Thanks a lot. The thing now is that I don't even know where those installation files are I. E the configuration files you are talking about.

I am so lost.

I don't know if there is a step by step procedure I can use. I will appreciate. Thanks alot
Re: How Can I Increase The Maximum Upload Of My Blog? by Chiscomax(m): 1:13pm On Jan 05, 2016
donsheddy1:
The fix for this error is quite easy for a pro and tiring for an amateur. Here's a simple fix for you.

1: If your host is a vps, then open your php.ini file and search for 2000 mb and increase to your satisfaction.

2: If it's not a vps, then contact your service provider to help you upgrade this by themselves.

3: you can simply upload files using your ftp software into your web host with ease.

4: You need to include a php function to automatically overwrite your default php.INI in your WordPress function.php page. This process most times doesn't work effectively unless a pro php developer is around you to fix this.

Need more help? Drop it here or whatsapp me 08031975415

Which one is ftp software?
Re: How Can I Increase The Maximum Upload Of My Blog? by bassdow: 1:16pm On Jan 05, 2016
Chiscomax:

Which one is ftp software?

From your response, it's clear you are a novice. It's better you contact support or get in touch with someone who can be of help.
Would have directed you but no need taking that risk as seems you are a newbie.

Again speak with your webhost or contact someone who can help you
Re: How Can I Increase The Maximum Upload Of My Blog? by Chiscomax(m): 8:40pm On Jan 05, 2016
bassdow:

From your response, it's clear you are a novice. It's better you contact support or get in touch with someone who can be of help.
Would have directed you but no need taking that risk as seems you are a newbie.

Again speak with your webhost or contact someone who can help you

just direct me please. i can do it
Re: How Can I Increase The Maximum Upload Of My Blog? by bassdow: 8:54pm On Jan 05, 2016
Log-in into your web host account (aka Cpanel) and look for a file named . htaccess or another file named php.ini.
if you can't find it, make sure files are not set to hidden.

Now open the file and add these lines of code to it

upload_max_filesize= 64M
post_max_size =64M

Make no mistake please.
Re: How Can I Increase The Maximum Upload Of My Blog? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 05, 2016
Chiscomax:

Thanks alot

Contact your hosting provider, they would assist you with this, so you don't make a mistake in your php config.

Regards

(1) (Reply)

What Is Glo, Mtn, Airtel And Etisalat Gateway Sms Address ? / Alexa Sets To Retire Its Widgets In Mid-October 2016 / Exact Description Not Show On Google Search Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.