Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,483 members, 7,812,498 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

We Can All Be Spiritual And Still Be Logical. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Can All Be Spiritual And Still Be Logical. (793 Views)

The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins / Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit / Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Can All Be Spiritual And Still Be Logical. by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 05, 2016
I believe strongly that the moment God gave us humans the mandate to multiply and conquer the earth, that includes keeping each other in check, spiritually and otherwise, which is why I wish to share a lesson I just learned.

This morning, my aunty just came back from lord's chosen camp, the National convention they hold every January in imo state, she came to our house to sleep over and recover a bit before travelling back to Lagos.
I haven't seen her in a while, in fact since she converted to chosen, she's so dedicated. Long story short, she received a call in my presence that her little daughter back home has developed swollen cheeks, (what people popularly call "ota mkpuru oka" in the local parlance), it's an allergy that's often experienced at this time of the year, due to the weather, I was expecting my aunty to go into the anointing frenzy and ask ask them to lay hand on her and cast devil like is commonly characteristic of our new generation Christians, however she did not. She proffered the simple, logical solution, reeled out good antibiotics that they should buy, I was impressed.

This took me back to the memory lane, grandma has been sick for a while, something that has seemingly defied several solutions and hospital trips, while my mom is the scientific one, bringing all available solutions from the medical side, my other uncles are buried in their usual "evil machinations", demonic this, and our enemies that. Therefore, they've been busy going from one prophet to the other, looking for spiritual deliverance (for a woman that's nearly 100yrs old o, wonder what the "evil people" would achieve by killing her at this age), summary of the whole story, grandma is still alive courtesy of the medical treatments, and probably the prophetic anointings, we don't know which, but grandma managed to celebrate another Christmas and we are all happy.

Thus, my lesson.....we could all be spiritual, attend our different churches and still have the logical discernment to not label everything "spiritual". How on earth can daddy G.O. tell you not to take medications for a simple known ailment and you agree? It beats the hell outta me. There was this guy during my school days, heard his sister successfully had an operation for hernia, as a devout Christian, I was expecting him to thank God, this nigga was busy yelling about how they (his family) didn't have faith and should have waited him to fire prayers and dissolve the hernia, wow!

I didn't mean to bore anyone with stories this morning, but am guessing we all can learn this lesson. You can be spiritual and logical.
Re: We Can All Be Spiritual And Still Be Logical. by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 05, 2016
You sound like one trying to apologize for something.
Re: We Can All Be Spiritual And Still Be Logical. by winner01(m): 2:49pm On Jan 05, 2016
Why on earth are some people trying to create a non existent gulf between christianity and rationality.
Going by your logic, people dont need to use cars, clothes, phones because these were created by humans? undecided
Of course the same goes for medical drugs.

God created man in His image. Man, just like God, has been creating ever since then. Creating to make life easier. Its why we have airplanes, phones, airconditioners, drugs e.t.c.

No pastor or G.O will tell you not to use medication except your body has defied all possible medical cures. In the same spirit, the people of God will intercede till you get better.
Nothing exists for itself, the spiritual is why we have the physical, and till date it still has an influence on the physical. That is why people pray to God.
Its unbiblical that christians should not use man's creations, i think it has more to do with our culture.
Many doctors use their profession to glorify God's name, same goes with pastors and sanctuary cleaners.
Its all in a bid to make life easier and bring glory to the name of God.

So engrkenny, Many doctors are christians and are doing the work of God in their hospitals. If you have any sick, take them to the hospital at the same time intercede for them in the spirit.

Re: We Can All Be Spiritual And Still Be Logical. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 07, 2016
winner01:
Why on earth are some people trying to create a non existent gulf between christianity and rationality.
Going by your logic, people dont need to use cars, clothes, phones because these were created by humans? undecided
Of course the same goes for medical drugs.

God created man in His image. Man, just like God, has been creating ever since then. Creating to make life easier. Its why we have airplanes, phones, airconditioners, drugs e.t.c.

No pastor or G.O will tell you not to use medication except your body has defied all possible medical cures. In the same spirit, the people of God will intercede till you get better.
Nothing exists for itself, the spiritual is why we have the physical, and till date it still has an influence on the physical. That is why people pray to God.
Its unbiblical that christians should not use man's creations, i think it has more to do with our culture.
Many doctors use their profession to glorify God's name, same goes with pastors and sanctuary cleaners.
Its all in a bid to make life easier and bring glory to the name of God.

So engrkenny, Many doctors are christians and are doing the work of God in their hospitals. If you have any sick, take them to the hospital at the same time intercede for them in the spirit.

That's my point exactly, but wait until you see the kind of ignorance people suffer in. You don't know there are even some Christian denomination who preach against medical cure??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Can All Be Spiritual And Still Be Logical. by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 07, 2016
winner01:

So engrkenny, Many doctors are christians and are doing the work of God in their hospitals.
Christianity didn't make them Chrisitians. Schools did.

And yeah, there is a wide gulf between Nigerian Christianity and rationality. It seems to make heaven one has to give his life and brain to Christ.

(1) (Reply)

What If God Never Chased Humans Out Of Eden?? Share Your Imaginations (pics) / Christain Or Islam / The Book Of The Secrets Of Enoch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.