Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,769 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Prostitutes Take Over Abuja Streets - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Prostitutes Take Over Abuja Streets (4606 Views)

Marathon Sex With 3 Prostitutes Lands Man In Prison / One Stabbed As Nigerian Prostitutes Election Turns Bloody In Lagos / Nigerian Prostitutes Trafficking Ring That Uses 'juju' Smashed By Spanish Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prostitutes Take Over Abuja Streets by sabaestate(m): 1:27pm On Jun 16, 2009
Abuja — Prostitutes in large numbers have taken over some popular streets in the Federal Capital Territory at night.At Port Harcourt crescent off Gimbiya street, Garki, Abuja, our reporter observed half nude ladies exposing their busts and panties, beckoning on motorists to pick them for the night.

The situation was somehow similar at Sheraton hotel junction where young ladies lined up right from the entrance of the junction to a shopping plaza along the street.

On the roads leading to Transcorp Hotel and close to UBA at Wuse 11, ladies soliciting for men were also seen by the roadsides.

Married women were seen complaining about the freedom given to these ladies to expose themselves on the streets and one of them even pointed to a police patrol car parked at the entrance of Gimbiya street.

"Such women breed criminals in any area and the police should clamp down on them immediately," a married woman said.

At the FCT Police Command, a police officer said prostitution is prohibited in Abuja.

"We have clamped down on them on several instances and even charged them to court where they pleaded guilty and were convicted," the police officer stated.

write your
commend
Re: Prostitutes Take Over Abuja Streets by walestar(m): 3:29pm On Jun 16, 2009
God have mercy, When govt refuses to produce Jobs for the people.
Re: Prostitutes Take Over Abuja Streets by biola44: 4:44pm On Jun 16, 2009
walestar:

but govt is their numero uno customer! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Prostitutes Take Over Abuja Streets by omega25red(m): 4:57pm On Jun 16, 2009
biola44:

but govt is their numero uno customer! lipsrsealed

LMAO @ govt being their numero uno customer that is so funny but true.
Re: Prostitutes Take Over Abuja Streets by Lexiwhite(m): 5:00pm On Jun 16, 2009
You should visit sheraton in zone4 on a friday night. . . You might even find your babe there grin grin grin
Re: Prostitutes Take Over Abuja Streets by sinceerr: 5:03pm On Jun 16, 2009
Lexiwhite:

You should visit sheraton in zone4 on a friday night. . . You might even find your babe there grin grin grin
Rofl cheesy
Re: Prostitutes Take Over Abuja Streets by Itohan123(m): 5:23pm On Jun 16, 2009
I want to see video footage of this pusypalooza
Re: Prostitutes Take Over Abuja Streets by walestar(m): 5:50pm On Jun 16, 2009
Zone 4. but I am based in Lagos, I am sure my own Babe will not be there except Babe for immediate sexual satisfaction. afterall Na we guys they ran after prostitutes
Re: Prostitutes Take Over Abuja Streets by chukz4real(m): 6:41pm On Jun 16, 2009
:-x :-x :-x :-x
Re: Prostitutes Take Over Abuja Streets by Igwe9(m): 6:54pm On Jun 16, 2009
sabaestate:

Married women were seen complaining about the freedom given to these ladies to expose themselves on the streets and one of them even pointed to a police patrol car parked at the entrance of Gimbiya street.

What can i say on this? smiley just a pandemic sad
Re: Prostitutes Take Over Abuja Streets by frank317: 7:19pm On Jun 16, 2009
ok, take the off the streets. what next?

wether prostitutes or not, is this really our problem?

the real question is, what is the cause of this prostitution?

1 Like

Re: Prostitutes Take Over Abuja Streets by mamagee3(f): 1:22am On Jun 17, 2009
amebo no.1's mom is definitely one of them grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Prostitutes Take Over Abuja Streets by daddee: 1:58am On Jun 17, 2009
walestar:

God have mercy. That government is not providing a job is not an excuse to go into prostitution. The students that are into it, is it also as a result of no jobs? Some bankers are even professional prostitutes! Think most of them are just there because they are devilish.

1 Like

Re: Prostitutes Take Over Abuja Streets by kayc33(m): 3:00am On Jun 17, 2009
na today?
Re: Prostitutes Take Over Abuja Streets by Oxone(m): 3:48am On Jun 17, 2009
sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Prostitutes Take Over Abuja Streets by lovestorm(m): 9:13am On Jun 17, 2009
even if the govt provide jobs for them they won't stop. some are just too engrossed and addicted to the trade.
come to think it NA GOVT BORN THEM or NA GOVT GIVE U & ME JOB? because it has nothing to with being literate since most of them are!!!
Re: Prostitutes Take Over Abuja Streets by SeanT21(f): 9:15am On Jun 17, 2009
walestar:

That is not an excuse to sell your body!!
Re: Prostitutes Take Over Abuja Streets by sabaestate(m): 10:36am On Jun 17, 2009
I agree with you lovestorm
Re: Prostitutes Take Over Abuja Streets by amebono11: 2:59am On Jun 19, 2009
mama-gee:

amebo no.1's mom is definitely one of them grin grin grin grin grin

same way yours is done bleeping 2 inch men inside the gutter cheesy grin
Re: Prostitutes Take Over Abuja Streets by mamagee3(f): 8:58pm On Jun 19, 2009
,amebo no1:

same way yours is done bleeping 2 inch men inside the gutter cheesy grin

You mean the way your mom ran into calgary Zoo to Zap. the baby and male gorillas grin grin, don't worry when your dad is done with Zap.i.n.g the female chimpanzees in Woodland Park Zoo he would have time to Zap. you. grin grin cool
Re: Prostitutes Take Over Abuja Streets by Tudor6(f): 1:05am On Jun 20, 2009
When you're jobless and have no education prostitution is the obvious route. .

For the self righteous bigots condemning them what'd you expect them to do. . .? Photosynthesize? sad
Re: Prostitutes Take Over Abuja Streets by lovestorm(m): 7:20am On Jun 22, 2009
For the self righteous bigots condemning them what'd you expect them to do. . .? Photosynthesize?
[color=#000099][/color]

@Tudor

there is nothing like being self righteous and prostitution is not an obvious route because there are better ways.
what is wrong is wrong and if you say it should be supported then think twice!
Re: Prostitutes Take Over Abuja Streets by Tudor6(f): 8:34am On Jun 22, 2009
Give me examples of better ways
Re: Prostitutes Take Over Abuja Streets by lovestorm(m): 1:29pm On Jun 22, 2009
@tudor
better ways

i was 15yrs when i lost my dad, 6th child out of seven kids. the 1st son who is the second child was just doing his OND at the polytechnic. my daddy was in the police force, he died an officer.
regardless of all these my mum only had a standard six education, we were broke, couldn't feed, just nothing. mum decided to do business, got in touch with an old standard six class mate, gets stocks from her on credit, sells, keep the profit and return the capital.
this she did till she got established, built 2 houses, bought a car, sent everyone of us to school for a degree. i got lucky with a second degree. the last of us finished NYSC 18months ago and with oceanic!

what will u call mum? literate? illiterate?
she had kids-7! responsibility! i can vouch she never had anything to do with any man since i was part of this business till i finished my first degree and was with her all time!!!

and these street prostitutes? mostly educated, please lets be real and forget sentiments.

there are better ways! better ideas! it may take sacrifice, a lot of but we will get there!!!

they can learn from that!

they are human i agree but we need to disuade them by fighting it anyhow we can!

2 Likes

Re: Prostitutes Take Over Abuja Streets by JJYOU: 2:09pm On Jun 22, 2009
Tudór:

For the self righteous bigots condemning them what'd you expect them to do. . .? Photosynthesize? sad
Tudór:

Give me examples of better ways
tudor so u support and love prostitutes? that is amazing
lovestorm:

@tudor
better ways

i was 15yrs when i lost my dad, 6th child out of seven kids. the 1st son who is the second child was just doing his OND at the polytechnic. my daddy was in the police force, he died an officer.
regardless of all these my mum only had a standard six education, we were broke, couldn't feed, just nothing. mum decided to do business, got in touch with an old standard six class mate, gets stocks from her on credit, sells, keep the profit and return the capital.
this she did till she got established, built 2 houses, bought a car, sent everyone of us to school for a degree. i got lucky with a second degree. the last of us finished NYSC 18months ago and with oceanic!

what will u call mum? literate? illiterate?
she had kids-7! responsibility! i can vouch she never had anything to do with any man since i was part of this business till i finished my first degree and was with her all time!!!

and these street prostitutes? mostly educated, please lets be real and forget sentiments.

there are better ways! better ideas! it may take sacrifice, a lot of but we will get there!!!

they can learn from that!

they are human i agree but we need to disuade them by fighting it anyhow we can!
it is not just the streets the place is full of prostitutes. just go into any good hotel in abuja. the ones doing the streets are overflow. it is a shame nigeria has turned this way
Re: Prostitutes Take Over Abuja Streets by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 22, 2009
Topic.

Not their fault, they've got to survive.

I feel for them . embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Prostitutes Take Over Abuja Streets by Abuzola(m): 8:13pm On Jun 22, 2009
This scandal should be rid off the street, h know that the prostitutes are offering a chunk to the police which made them do nothing about the whole thing
Re: Prostitutes Take Over Abuja Streets by Tudor6(f): 9:17pm On Jun 23, 2009
@lovestorm
not everyone is as lucky as your mom to get people to help her out. There're desperate situations and there's no other alternative.

@JJYOU
I personally don't support prostitution. Just saying we shouldn't be too quick to judge or condemn them.
Re: Prostitutes Take Over Abuja Streets by lovestorm(m): 6:56am On Jun 24, 2009
@Tudor
oh yes! you are right on this one, not everyone is that lucky but we everyone can explore all possibilities and i bet one decent legal one will work.

for instance during my first degree, my course was very expensive to sustain and since my other siblings were there to take care of by my mum i had to teach private home lessons and help the higher levels finish up their course works for a fee! and believe me most of my friends didn't know.

we all can do something to overcome our challenges, something no one will frown at.

thats my message!!!
Re: Prostitutes Take Over Abuja Streets by Tudor6(f): 11:19am On Jun 24, 2009
I feel your vibe but RARE circumstances exist. Infact some of them girls are sex slaves probably due to debts owed by parents or they were abducted and smuggled into the country. Not everyone is a prostitute by choice
Re: Prostitutes Take Over Abuja Streets by Tudor6(f): 11:19am On Jun 24, 2009
I feel your vibe but RARE circumstances exist. Infact some of them girls are sex slaves probably due to debts owed by parents or they were abducted and smuggled into the country. Not everyone is a prostitute by choice
Re: Prostitutes Take Over Abuja Streets by tpiah: 5:34pm On Jun 24, 2009
at some point even the most vocal prostitute supporter like Tudor, must ask himself why prostitution is so common to Nigerians?

Do you see something wrong anywhere? Our value systems perhaps? The demand vs the supply?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Moment Nigerians Chased South African Killers Out Of Their Neighborhood / Two Homosexuals Caught Red-handed In Enugu Yesterday Night / Tenant Sleeping With Landlord's Wife In Ibadan Learns The Hard Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.