Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,694 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Driver Burgles Apartment 4 Days After Employment (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Driver Burgles Apartment 4 Days After Employment (photo) (27213 Views)

HouseHelp Was Caught Doing in Boss' Bedroom 8 Days After Employment / Hotel Employee Steals Laptops 24 Hours After Employment (Photo) / Kidnapper Evans House In Ghana Recovered; Sent N20m To His Wife 4 Days To Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Driver Burgles Apartment 4 Days After Employment (photo) by ijustdey: 6:08pm On Jan 06, 2016
Four days after he was employed as a private driver, a 32-year-old man, Kolawole Atoyebi, has been arrested for allegedly robbing his employer, Mrs. Beatrice Nwaokun in Lagos State, western Nigeria.

He was charged before Isolo Magistrates’ court on Wednesday by the police at Ikotun division.

The incident happened at 15, Nnamdi street, Egbe Ikotun where Nwaokun resides.
The kwara State-born Atoyebi, who resides at 27, Malas street, Liasu, Ikotun, was employed by the victim as a private driver.

Four days after the 29 December, 2015, Atoyebi was employed, he had already duplicated the keys to the four bedroom flats of his employer to achieve his desire.

Atoyebi allegedly actualised his plan when stole N385,000 kept in Nwaokun’s bedroom and escaped.

When Nwaokun discovered the missing money, she went to the police at Ikotun division and reported the matter.

Atoyebi was arrested and was found with the duplicate of the keys to the whole apartment.

At the station, he confessed and pleaded for time to refund the money.

He was charged to court on a three-count criminal charge of breach of peace by duplicating the keys, infringement of the victim’s privacy and stealing under the Criminal Code.

When he was arraigned, he pleaded not guilty and the presiding Magistrate, Mrs A.K. Shorunbi, granted him bail in the sum of N200,000 with two sureties in like sum.

Atoyebi was remanded in prison custody at Kirkiri pending when he will perfect his bail condition.

The matter was adjourned till 13 January, 2016.

www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/01/06/driver-burgles-apartment-4-days-after-employment/

lalasticlala

Re: Driver Burgles Apartment 4 Days After Employment (photo) by Destined2win: 6:10pm On Jan 06, 2016
Hmmm! When I become President soon, I will ensure that I set up Leadership centres that will teach people how to live. I might not be able to eradicate crimes but I sure will minimize it!

So Help me God!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Driver Burgles Apartment 4 Days After Employment (photo) by 7footre(m): 6:32pm On Jan 06, 2016
The hustle is real
Re: Driver Burgles Apartment 4 Days After Employment (photo) by GlorifiedTunde(m): 6:33pm On Jan 06, 2016
He didn't include that skill in his CV grin grin cheesy cheesy

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver Burgles Apartment 4 Days After Employment (photo) by nedu2000(m): 6:34pm On Jan 06, 2016
Ikotun again?!
Re: Driver Burgles Apartment 4 Days After Employment (photo) by Holyfield1(m): 6:34pm On Jan 06, 2016
Yorubas got talent grin grin grin

38 Likes

Re: Driver Burgles Apartment 4 Days After Employment (photo) by pharuk: 6:34pm On Jan 06, 2016
help me answer coz I don't understand

- is the thief the policeman or why is he wearing a police clothe

- if not why is the police sitting on the ground?

- how can the thief be dumb enough to still have the keys after been caught?

1 Like

Re: Driver Burgles Apartment 4 Days After Employment (photo) by jendhorlee(m): 6:34pm On Jan 06, 2016
so what do u want us to do undecidedso what do u want us to do
Re: Driver Burgles Apartment 4 Days After Employment (photo) by Chanchit: 6:35pm On Jan 06, 2016
Some people are just dangerously stvpid.

5 Likes

Re: Driver Burgles Apartment 4 Days After Employment (photo) by agarawu23(m): 6:35pm On Jan 06, 2016
Chai
Re: Driver Burgles Apartment 4 Days After Employment (photo) by nnomy3: 6:35pm On Jan 06, 2016
Uwa ekwe mmeta!!!

1 Like

Re: Driver Burgles Apartment 4 Days After Employment (photo) by englishmart(m): 6:35pm On Jan 06, 2016
send him out. If he gets promoted, he might demolish the house

1 Like

Re: Driver Burgles Apartment 4 Days After Employment (photo) by Geofavor(m): 6:36pm On Jan 06, 2016
I'm not supprised. The majority of the drivers in this country are hustlers. They get payed peanuts. Who should we blame - the government or the employers? These drivers are left with no choice but to get more money in which ever way possible. So, be careful with drivers. when you're in that car, take caution before dropping:

Re: Driver Burgles Apartment 4 Days After Employment (photo) by ojnnaco(m): 6:36pm On Jan 06, 2016
The man carry Robbery for mind come nobi even to drive... Poverty is a mental bastard

1 Like

Re: Driver Burgles Apartment 4 Days After Employment (photo) by rollUP(m): 6:36pm On Jan 06, 2016
2016..... Hustle must pay... Any way na way
Re: Driver Burgles Apartment 4 Days After Employment (photo) by free2ryhme: 6:36pm On Jan 06, 2016
She employed a thief which is unfortunate
Re: Driver Burgles Apartment 4 Days After Employment (photo) by StoneLucifer: 6:36pm On Jan 06, 2016
Foolish driver..Just four days after u got employed, u showed your true colour..The devil am sure helped u to duplicate the key!!

1 Like

Re: Driver Burgles Apartment 4 Days After Employment (photo) by 2gbasky22(m): 6:36pm On Jan 06, 2016
lol
Re: Driver Burgles Apartment 4 Days After Employment (photo) by dadebayo1(m): 6:36pm On Jan 06, 2016
Ok
Re: Driver Burgles Apartment 4 Days After Employment (photo) by Bantino(m): 6:36pm On Jan 06, 2016
Really ? The employer employed a certified ole. Just four days?? Hmmmm wonders shall never end

1 Like

Re: Driver Burgles Apartment 4 Days After Employment (photo) by Babangida70(m): 6:37pm On Jan 06, 2016
Name checkers union of Nigeria embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

I tok am......

Just 4days... chia

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver Burgles Apartment 4 Days After Employment (photo) by free2ryhme: 6:37pm On Jan 06, 2016
The guy needs to be looked up and the keys thrown away
Re: Driver Burgles Apartment 4 Days After Employment (photo) by echomog1: 6:37pm On Jan 06, 2016
Yorubas got talent.....

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver Burgles Apartment 4 Days After Employment (photo) by Mamatee07: 6:38pm On Jan 06, 2016
they will say there are robberies because of no jobs, now what's this one's excuse angry

4 Likes

Re: Driver Burgles Apartment 4 Days After Employment (photo) by saasala(m): 6:38pm On Jan 06, 2016
grin
Re: Driver Burgles Apartment 4 Days After Employment (photo) by ladyF(f): 6:38pm On Jan 06, 2016
Imagine. See somebody they were trying to help by giving job sha.

God help [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] and other nairalanders in this our crime-filled society. cry

1 Like

Re: Driver Burgles Apartment 4 Days After Employment (photo) by jeremiah505(m): 6:38pm On Jan 06, 2016
Fool.... Foolish Fool.... sad sad sad
Re: Driver Burgles Apartment 4 Days After Employment (photo) by kennyman2000(m): 6:39pm On Jan 06, 2016
You see... And the foolish driver too go done holla say the rate of unemployment is high in the country whereas na him get thievery spirit wey dey make potential employers dey avoid am..

Check my signature for ur customised wristband.
Re: Driver Burgles Apartment 4 Days After Employment (photo) by mekaboy(m): 6:39pm On Jan 06, 2016
Destined2win:
Hmmm! When I become President soon, I will ensure that I set up Leadership centres that will teach people how to live. I might not be able to eradicate crimes but I sure will minimize it!

So Help me God!

President of Nairaland or where?

3 Likes

Re: Driver Burgles Apartment 4 Days After Employment (photo) by saintkel(m): 6:40pm On Jan 06, 2016
End time bugler. I just dnt get people o, u help someone today, 2mo he turns against u especially d girls

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

20-Year-Old ANSU Student Shot Dead In An Intra Cult Clash In Anambra State / Ozubulu Massacre: Suspects Serving Prison Terms In South Africa - Police / Emeka Agundu, NBA Chairman, Assassinated In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.