Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Do You Believe Islam Is A Religion Of Love Or Hate? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe Islam Is A Religion Of Love Or Hate? (773 Views)

Activist Tears Winners Chapel’s I.V, Accuses Oyedepo Of Preaching Hate / Santeria: A Religion From Yoruba Practiced In North Caribbean, USA, Mexico / Love Or Submission....which Should Come First In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe Islam Is A Religion Of Love Or Hate? by kennyfela: 6:54pm On Jan 06, 2016
Is Grammy award winning artist SAM SMITH a Moslem?
Found this post on Facebook, thought it might interest you.
Post starts below.
Kindly share if you believe that ‪#‎IslamisNOTterrorism‬.
We don't have to be famous superstar musicians or billionaire oil barons or incorruptible politicians to change the world.
Everyone has the power to impact change in the world in his or her own individually unique ways.
Just as is exemplified in the article below.
Nigerian Christian Man composes and sings song to remind the world that Islam is Not terrorism.
Features Grammy award winning artist SAM SMITH?
There is a problem
With the human race.
And its happening,
In this time and age.
I know you're angry
But I'm living in pain.
Misery and suffering
And people dying.
Did the above lines strike a chord somewhere deep inside of you?
Then how will you feel when you listen to it as a song accompanied by a montage of pictures?
Did you know that Sam Smith was featured on this song?
Nope, he wasn't, just kidding.
Seriously though, some weeks ago, a lot of Nigerians were upset at other Nigerians for using France's flag as a Facebook Profile picture in solidarity for the terrorist attack that claimed over a hundred lives, their excuse was that Nigerians, France and other Countries were not showing enough solidarity for the TERRORIST ATTACKS happening back home in Nigeria. In other-words they were saying "NIGERIANS were not showing enough SOLIDARITY for NIGERIANS".
Well, I am a Nigerian, and i am not a MUSLIM and this is my own way of expressing myself in support of the 'WAR AGAINST TERRORISM' not only in Nigeria, but across the world.
What are you doing about it?
If u don't support TERRORISM in any way, then listen to the song, LIKE and SHARE it till it gets to those whose lives can be uplifted just by listening to it.
Otherwise just move along with your petty "non-solidarity" comments.
Song title: RESCUE ME.
Performed by Shuga
E: iamshuga@gmail.com
T:+2348073623717

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1wOCgFdPw4
DON'T FORGET TO SHARE ON EVERY SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM YOU HAVE. ITS THE LEAST YOU CAN DO TO RESCUE A NEEDY SOUL. MUSIC FEEDS THE SOUL.
Re: Do You Believe Islam Is A Religion Of Love Or Hate? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 06, 2016
Love?...NO
Hate?...No

Brainwashing?...Yes
Terrorism?...Yes

I have muslim friends but they arent Terrorists or Brainwashed yet so that doesnt make them Muslims..*YAWNS*
Re: Do You Believe Islam Is A Religion Of Love Or Hate? by tswitch: 7:04pm On Jan 06, 2016
Islam from time memorial breeds terror,violence and wanton destruction. Is that a characteristic of love or hate? Over to you OP.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe Islam Is A Religion Of Love Or Hate? by kennyfela: 7:37pm On Jan 06, 2016
tswitch:
Islam from time memorial breeds terror,violence and wanton destruction.
Is that a characteristic of love or hate?
Over to you OP.
No not Islam but Some Muslims....Islam means believing in one GOD, so plz stop mixing both, these is even a mistake by Muslim cause believing in one GOD came before the religion stated
Re: Do You Believe Islam Is A Religion Of Love Or Hate? by onetrack(m): 7:56pm On Jan 06, 2016
Love among Muslims but not for non-Muslims, in fact it is discouraged to socialize with non-Muslims, except to promote Islam.

"O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as Auliya' (friends, protectors, helpers, etc.), they are but Auliya' to one another. And if any amongst you takes them as Auliya', then surely he is one of them. Verily, Allah guides not those people who are the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers and unjust)." ~Quran 5:51

Here is the tafsir (explanation) of the above verse from ibn-Kathir, one of the most respected of all the explainers of the Quran:

Allah forbids His believing servants from having Jews and Christians as friends, because they are the enemies of Islam and its people, may Allah curse them. Allah then states that they are friends of each other and He gives a warning threat to those who do this, ('And if any among you befriends them, then surely he is one of them.') Ibn Abi Hatim recorded that `Umar ordered Abu Musa Al-Ash`ari to send him on one sheet of balance the count of what he took in and what he spent. Abu Musa then had a Christian scribe, and he was able to comply with `Umar's demand. `Umar liked what he saw and exclaimed, "This scribe is proficient. Would you read in the Masjid a letter that came to us from Ash-Sham'' Abu Musa said, `He cannot.'' `Umar said, "Is he not pure'' Abu Musa said, "No, but he is Christian.'' Abu Musa said, "So `Umar admonished me and poked my thigh (with his finger), saying, `Drive him out (from Medina).' He then recited, "(O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as friends...)"

Obviously many Muslims do not abide by this and freely make friends with non-Muslims, but the Quran cannot be ignored, especially when it is explained like this in one of the most respected tafsirs.
Re: Do You Believe Islam Is A Religion Of Love Or Hate? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 06, 2016
Hate- No

Peace- Hell No!

Islam rather rests on a very shaky precipice, most of its contents were written during the era of war thereby accounting for its violent texts. However, a LOT of Imams and the like then use the texts to justify any act of violence.

However, I do have good muslim friends, both male and female.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe Islam Is A Religion Of Love Or Hate? by tswitch: 8:49pm On Jan 06, 2016
kennyfela:
No not Islam but Some Muslims....Islam means believing in one GOD, so plz stop mixing both, these is even a mistake by Muslim cause believing in one GOD came before the religion stated

Are Muslims no longer Islamic?
Your febble attempt of an excuse just helps to buttress the truth.
The fundamentals of the teachings of Islam and it's over glorified prophet is hate and strive.
With all my decades on earth and years perusing world history I am still searching for a Buddhist or Hindus terror movement as recent development and ancient history has shown.
Re: Do You Believe Islam Is A Religion Of Love Or Hate? by kennyfela: 10:30pm On Jan 06, 2016
tswitch:

Are Muslims no longer Islamic?
Your febble attempt of an excuse just helps to buttress the truth.
The fundamentals of the teachings of Islam and it's over glorified prophet is hate and strive.
With all my decades on earth and years perusing world history I am still searching for a Buddhist or Hindus terror movement as recent development and ancient history has shown.
you don't understand , Islam is just a word that stand for ONE GOD, like our the Christians Arab call GOD , ALLAH, the saddest thing is the west produce the weapon and stupid terrorist use it to kill innocent people but the unbelievable SATs shows they have killed more Muslims , is very sad.
Re: Do You Believe Islam Is A Religion Of Love Or Hate? by tswitch: 7:58am On Jan 07, 2016
kennyfela:
you don't understand , Islam is just a word that stand for ONE GOD, like our the Christians Arab call GOD , ALLAH, the saddest thing is the west produce the weapon and stupid terrorist use it to kill innocent people but the unbelievable SATs shows they have killed more Muslims , is very sad.

The rest of us (the world) really don't care if Muslim kill more of themselves.
They should leave others out in their quest for ruin and terror!
Like we would give 2 cents if 9/11 had happened in KSA or the London train bombing in Iran.
All these statistics are cooked up to cover up the atrocities of monsters who enjoy "sharing blood".

Oh one more thing, in all the 99 names of Allah, Yaweh or Jehovah are not there so don't go comparing beings with absolutely nothing in common abi Allah born Jesus?
You see the point?

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe Islam Is A Religion Of Love Or Hate? by Annunaki(m): 8:13am On Jan 07, 2016
kennyfela:

You honestly know vvery little about islam, it will be better you do a little research first before making pronouncement on aa 'religion' you know next to nothing about. For starters do you know that there are over a hundred verses in the quoran instructing muslims to commit acts of terror and hate against non muslims?
Re: Do You Believe Islam Is A Religion Of Love Or Hate? by kennyfela: 11:36pm On Jan 07, 2016
Annunaki:

You honestly know vvery little about islam, it will be better you do a little research first before making pronouncement on aa 'religion' you know next to nothing about. For starters do you know that there are over a hundred verses in the Quran instructing Muslims to commit acts of terror and hate against non muslims?
I guess you talking about yourself, please let me have the verses you talking about

(1) (Reply)

People Who Are Called By His Name Do Not See Their Prayer Answered. WHY? / See This Transparent Church / Why Zambia President, Lungu, Hosted Prophet Joshua Iginla + Exclusive Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.