Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

The Voice Of The Oracle... A Message To Uncle Ifadele, Ifadavido And Ifasophia - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Voice Of The Oracle... A Message To Uncle Ifadele, Ifadavido And Ifasophia (845 Views)

Picture Of My Uncle And Ogunwusi In Loyola College, Ibadan. / Ooni Of Ife & His Entourage At The Voice Of America Studios In Washington.Photos / See The Oracle I Saw Around Agege Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Voice Of The Oracle... A Message To Uncle Ifadele, Ifadavido And Ifasophia by Labosonline(f): 11:01pm On Jan 06, 2016
Voice Of The Oracle…
So I was sleeping soundly in my hut after the last rays of the sun had bade the night farewell and the moon had taken its place by a lonely star, when the Oracle tapped me awake. I needed my sleep but having being a Priest and an acolyte of the Oracle for many years, I knew better than arguing with the oracle, so grudgingly, I rose from my well laid, yet unruffled bamboo bed.

I sat up and blinked several times hoping to blink the sleep away. Apparently, the Oracle meant business as the sleep instantly vanished from my eyes.
“IfaLabos” The oracle called harshly and I was startled…that voice and tone meant I had done something wrong. I had no idea but I knew it wasn’t good. I adjusted my wrapper and swiftly I was at the shrine, I dropped on my knees and dipped my finger in the white bowl that had propitiation water in it. The drop of water went on my tongue as I raised my voice and began to appease the oracle…

“Iba o…Iba! Ewure t'owo le ti o kago, o deran amuso, aguntan t'owo me ti o kago, oderan amude. Iba yeye, iba baba, iba nimose o eje o ju mise, eyin agbagba merinlelogun to so ile aye ro… IFA dakun dabo maje n jebi re…ooba jebure awo olugbebe ooo….”
My voice shook as I took the chant again and again, then I rose on steady feet and began a rhythmic tapping of my feet on the heavy mud floor, that always got the oracle and I never failed to take advantage…I began to dance. At first I only danced to the tap on the floor, until I raised my voice and began the song:

“Omo kekere mo sokele o…mosokele/2ce IFA ma tamisonu l'ewe mosokele/2ce”
“IfaLabos” this time, the voice was calm and again I knew I had found favor. I smiled a victorious smile as I knelt at the shrine again and prepared to listen to the voice of the oracle.
“IfaLabos, you have pleased me greatly and I will forget how badly you have neglected me. I have a message for Davido, Sophia and Dele Momodu.”

Hmmmm…so Ifa knows about this too?
“Tell them to close their closets and stop more skeletons from floating out. Tell them that I, IFA said that enough is enough! Tell them to forget the past, face the future, come to a compromise and take care of their daughter!”

I was still thinking of how to reach those mentioned by the oracle when the voice reverberated in my head again, shaking the room and the whole hut.
“Tell them to stop or face the consequences of their actions. Tell them that Google has the name of Imade forever. A word is enough for the wise”
“The Oracle Has Spoken”

Hmmm, and so IFA departed after dropping the huge responsibility on my shoulder. The journey from my Ilugbon to the city would take six days and give nights… I rose and began to pack the essentials for the jojourney”
“IFA jingini jingini, IFA mo gborokan/2ce o, oun tobasele nifa with, oun to basele nifa so.”

Culled from https:///a86Iaba8Ta

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Voice Of The Oracle... A Message To Uncle Ifadele, Ifadavido And Ifasophia by eposho: 7:38am On Jan 07, 2016
Made my morning. Beautiful piece.

1 Like

Re: The Voice Of The Oracle... A Message To Uncle Ifadele, Ifadavido And Ifasophia by cornoil(m): 8:39pm On Jan 07, 2016
Nice one. Moju ba Ifa.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

We Are Children Of The Earth! / Ooni of Ife and the confusion of Responsibility / Delete

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.