Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,512 members, 7,830,524 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

MTN Finally Acquires Visafone - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Finally Acquires Visafone (26557 Views)

Adrian Wood's Teleology Finally Acquires 9mobile Network / MTN Finally Introduces A 3GB Internet Data Plan For Just #300 / When MTN Finally Goes Mad (screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by moonraker(m): 3:27pm On Jan 07, 2016
okambaba:

Your theory doesn't check out.

The deal has been on since last year even long before the fine was thought of. This is news now probably because paper work was just completed. Some even say its a merger and not a takeover.

But we dont actually know anything do we? it is the bread crumbs of info that we see, read or hear that we have to go by. so even if as

placed by you, my theory doesnt check out, there has to be some elements of truth in it. Think bout visafone as a contingency plan for MTN.
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Rexyl(m): 4:07pm On Jan 07, 2016
Is it correct to say Vodafone is the only surviving company that operates with CDMA, what of multilinks and starcoms? Abi these two have closed down.
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by OBAGADAFFI: 5:47pm On Jan 07, 2016
moonraker:

But we dont actually know anything do we? it is the bread crumbs of info that we see, read or hear that we have to go by. so even if as

placed by you, my theory doesnt check out, there has to be some elements of truth in it. Think bout visafone as a contingency plan for MTN.

This is the truth behind MTN purchase of Visafone.

Nigeria 4 GSM networks are trying upgrading to the LTE 4G technology.

But NCC is not issuing the licenses to the 3 GSM yet, but most CDMA and smaller networks were giving the LTE 4G licences.

Glo is national carrier and they have Glo CDMA network the LTE 4G licences/frequencies .

Only option left for MTN, ETISALT and Airtel is to purchase smaller telcos with LTE 4G licences/frequencies .

Since Visafone also got LTE 4G licences/frequencies .

The only reason MTN is buying Visafone is for the LTE 4G licences/frequencies .

MTN will soon join Glo in the LTE 4G race.

1 Like

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by abatically(m): 6:51pm On Jan 07, 2016
Lilimax:

South Africans have studied Nigeria; they know their way to the top and are capitalizing on our flaws to milk us dry.

Just imagine if all those Politicians that benefited in Dasuki gate had invested the money in establishing
companies in the country, unemployment in the country would have been abated embarassed

Just look at ur sense of reasoning. You people like misusing the phrase 'milk us dry'. Can u explain to me how MTN and other south african companies are milking us dry'?

Is MTN the only telecommunications company in Nigeria? NO

Is MTN giving the service to which customers pay for? YES.
If u thik they are milking u dry port go another network. Simple.

Is Dstv the only cable TV in Nigeria? NO

Is Dstv providing the service customers pay for? YES.
If u think it is easy to get premier league license go ask HITV.

If u are not satisfied with Dstv go buy startimes or other indigenous cable TV. Simple.

Is shoprite the only mega mall in Nigeria? NO

Does shoprite give good service to customers? YES.
If u are not satisfied try other shopping malls. Simple.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Omotayor123(f): 8:31pm On Jan 07, 2016
asumo12:
WHERE is omotayor123 cry cry cry
I see you miss me cheesy I have been seriously busy.
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Sagamite(m): 8:39pm On Jan 10, 2016
rman:

I can assure you, in future, if private investors come and give us bullet trains that move from Lagos to Maiduguri in 3hrs and build a network of fast rails across the country, that can ensure a man living in Ibadan can conveniently work in Lagos or Minna because the journey by train is just 35mins, Nigerians will turn around and protest that the company is milking them dry the moment they know it is making money. They would never look at the transportation and opportunity to access cheaper accommodation and de-congestion of Lagos and other major cities it has solved. They will call on their government to fine it or shut it down, if the company is South African, they may even attack her Nigerian staff.

Shallow thinking people. I do not know how we got here, but the biggest job government has to do is massive reorientation, seriously , majority of Nigerian brains needs reformatting.

Thanks, man.

Don't mind the fuuktards and product of a failed education system in our country.

All they know is "Us vs Them", "I am being marginalised" and "Get rich with minimal effort and minimal provision of quality".

The biggest job the government has to do is to shoot a lot of them as many are no more save-able.

1 Like

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Japhola(m): 8:56am On Jun 01, 2016
but how do we recharge now for the bb unlimited plan when there is no Visafone recharge card again?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Telegram Is Down / Facebook, WhatsApp Instagram Outage: What Are You Currently Doing On Your Phone? / How To Fix "App Not Installed " Error On Android Phones..step By Step Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.