Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,816 members, 7,813,694 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

What's With V-mobile GPRS, Yahoo Mail and Hotmail? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What's With V-mobile GPRS, Yahoo Mail and Hotmail? (3947 Views)

Yahoo Messenger And Hotmail Messenger On Wap Without Software Download / MTN GPRS on PC Using Phone Modem or Bluetooth? / MTN/Glo GPRS Configuration for Windows Smartphones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's With V-mobile GPRS, Yahoo Mail and Hotmail? by Oliseh(m): 2:36pm On Nov 06, 2005
I use Vmobile. Though I browse other sites, I can't access my e-mails via Vmobile as Yahoo & MSN don't open. But they do on Glo. Why?
Re: What's With V-mobile GPRS, Yahoo Mail and Hotmail? by rufaai(m): 11:47pm On Nov 06, 2005
Exactly... I've came accross such a problem before, I was not abble to access my yahoo account via WAP

But later got the solution... try using a regional domain address instead the commercial... hope you've got me... dont use http://wap.yahoo.com but try http://wap.yahoo.co.uk, http://wap.yahoo.co.in, http://wap.yahoo.co.jp or any other....

Wish you best surfing via Wap
Re: What's With V-mobile GPRS, Yahoo Mail and Hotmail? by Seun(m): 2:18am On Nov 07, 2005
Aparently they are trying to force people to use their own e-mail service instead of the free Yahoo Mail or Hotmail; a misguided attempt to make some extra revenue. Obviously, Vmobile Nigeria is not as customer-friendly as we thought (see also this survey).

Once they discover that subscribers are bypassing their filters by using the regional yahoo-mail/hotmail domains, they will block those ones too. Other names for this phenomenom: (1) slapping your customers (2) Shooting yourself in the foot.
Re: What's With V-mobile GPRS, Yahoo Mail and Hotmail? by mamba(m): 8:15am On Nov 07, 2005
Vmobile hasn't blocked the yahoo wapsite cos I've tried with my phone and it's working fine..
Could be a temporary prob with Vmobile config and some handset models.
Re: What's With V-mobile GPRS, Yahoo Mail and Hotmail? by timmy(m): 3:17pm On Nov 07, 2005
i also have the same issues and i search google mobile for a solution, it also gave me the same solution option as rufaii's
but avent tried it sha, as long as my g-mail (mobile from sourceforge) works well i really dont mind that much..

the only good thingy there is that i can now view HTML sites without tears cry
Re: What's With V-mobile GPRS, Yahoo Mail and Hotmail? by celemel(m): 3:44pm On Nov 07, 2005
Its a surprise that u guys r enjoying VMOBILE GPRS. It sounds quite strange to me. My brother in Lagos says he can't get the service, even with his state-of-d-art Nokia N92 phone, proper settings and all. He recieves a message that the GPRS service isn't available. Here in Calabar, I have the settings on my N6630 yet, I can't use the service. This posting is done with MTN and its so much crab. Who can help pls?
Re: What's With V-mobile GPRS, Yahoo Mail and Hotmail? by Oliseh(m): 9:03am On Nov 08, 2005
Thanx guys,u r d greatest.i got it
Re: What's With V-mobile GPRS, Yahoo Mail and Hotmail? by nuru(m): 2:06pm On Nov 08, 2005
Not to offend you guys. I am new to the site. Discovered it while trying to find out how to use my Nokia 6230i to browse on my V-mobile line. Can anyone please guide me on the step to take. Thanks
Re: What's With V-mobile GPRS, Yahoo Mail and Hotmail? by timmy(m): 1:18pm On Nov 11, 2005
sorry man sad, i dont use a Nokia so i cant help.. but i tried it some time ago on a friends well it didnt work but it runs automatedly just send "wapgprs" to 182 the responce should run some automatic thingy' sha..

bye the way i use sagem My-X7

(1) (Reply)

Pls Sum1 Help Me My Nokia N73 Has A Bluetooth Problem It Doesnt Switch On It Keep Showing Me Unable / Can Service Providers Tell The Kind Of Handset You Are 'currently' Using? / FREE Iphone Unlock Carrier/clean/blacklist Check

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.