Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Which Is Your Best Nigerian Novel? - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Is Your Best Nigerian Novel? (30715 Views)

Best Nigerian Novel U Eva Read? / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) / Whats Your Best African Novel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is Your Best Nigerian Novel? by MSRA(m): 9:37pm On May 04, 2010
muhsin:

An African Night's Entertainment by Cyprian Ekwensi.

A Weird Hope by

Hi Mushin, I have spent the better part of an hour trying to locate u on nairaland and a darn good part of a month trying to find a review/summary on the Internet of 'An African Night's Entertainment' by Cyprian Ekwensi. Unfortunately both quests have turned out futile.  I am wondering, could you please do a very brief summary of the book for me? As brief as is convinient for u, not to take too much of ur time. Basicaly, all i want is the plot/outline and the major characters in the book. I should have been able to lay my hand on a copy of the book, but I am currently out of the country and I need it for an urgent assignment.

I would appreciate if any1 in da house could help me out: just pls make a post of it on this page, I wll be checking most eagerly for the next couple of days or so.

And finally, however on earth does one send a PM (personal Message) to a fellow Nairalander without leaving the site; i know such a thing exists as I have read the 'SMF User' help manual (https://www.nairaland.com/Themes/default/help/pm.english.html) but i dont seem to be able to do it from my pc. case in point: assuming i wish to send this message to a specific person alone, say mushin, and not to the general public?

Thanks all!
Re: Which Is Your Best Nigerian Novel? by flexystar(f): 7:44pm On May 05, 2010
Akeeeeeeeeeeee oboye i luv it
Re: Which Is Your Best Nigerian Novel? by chrysolite(m): 12:35pm On May 06, 2010
1. unbridled by Jude Dibia
2. A Dance of the Forest by Wole Soyinka
3. measuring time by Helon Habila grin
Re: Which Is Your Best Nigerian Novel? by agoro2u: 5:47pm On May 06, 2010
The magical pot by kolawole salihu
god are not to blame by rotimi

Did anybody know where i can get nigerian novel in Ebook/prc format?
Re: Which Is Your Best Nigerian Novel? by Hadewunmee(f): 8:25pm On May 06, 2010
33-Love on the pulpit [author unknown]
Re: Which Is Your Best Nigerian Novel? by Olatunjio2: 5:43am On May 07, 2010
Ndipe:

Is the name of the novel, Second chance? The story of a girl from a very rich family, who gives birth to twin girls, one is named Miatta. Her mother's snottiness forces the husband to pack out of the family with one of the twins, (Miatta) whom she would reunite with seven years later. Yeah, the last name of the husband was "Essien."

HOPEFUL LOVERS,
Re: Which Is Your Best Nigerian Novel? by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 07, 2010
IN HER EYES by Abeni Ademola-Fasina
The Thorns of A Rose by Abeni Ademola-Fasina
Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
The Interpreter by Wole Soyinka
Re: Which Is Your Best Nigerian Novel? by skoltic12: 6:44pm On May 21, 2010
34. Evbu my Love (forgotten d author) sad
35. Mark of the Cobra (same, , sorry)
they r both of the pacesetter series.
P.S.Anybody knows ow one can get soft copies of these marvellous series?

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Your Best Nigerian Novel? by MyneWhite1(f): 3:35am On May 24, 2010
I just checked out Abeni Fasina on Lulu, interesting.

Evbu my love, that was my best of all the Pacesetters. I believe one can get some of them on Amazon.

[flash=420,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM7wjivOUy8[/flash]

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Best Nigerian Novel? by Kudupcian(m): 9:03am On May 24, 2010
[color=#006600][/color] THINGS FALL APART BY CHINUA ACHIEBE
Re: Which Is Your Best Nigerian Novel? by guruno1(m): 11:48pm On May 29, 2010
I love this

Keep them coming plz

Next,
Re: Which Is Your Best Nigerian Novel? by IbrahimB: 1:18am On May 31, 2010
It's as if 35) The Bottled Leopard hasn't been mentioned?

The Concubine, Things Fall Apart, An African Night's Entertainment  and Eze Goes to School  are also some of my favourites  smiley
Re: Which Is Your Best Nigerian Novel? by dominique(f): 10:42pm On Jun 01, 2010
classical Nigerian novels are fantastic. one of my favs is toads for supper by Chukwuemeka Ike
Re: Which Is Your Best Nigerian Novel? by chiwescare(m): 10:46am On Jun 04, 2010
undue influence by Steve martini
Re: Which Is Your Best Nigerian Novel? by guruno1(m): 12:45am On Jun 06, 2010
chiwescare:

undue influence by Steve martini

I love this

this to tell you a few Nigerians read quite well
Re: Which Is Your Best Nigerian Novel? by IbrahimB: 1:38am On Jun 06, 2010
guruno1:

I love this

this to tell you a few Nigerians read quite well

Well, obviously he didn't read the topic quite well. The post is about Nigerian novels.
Re: Which Is Your Best Nigerian Novel? by guruno1(m): 10:53pm On Jun 06, 2010
IbrahimB:

Well, obviously he didn't read the topic quite well. The post is about Nigerian novels.

Hey man!

understand the topic quite well( I am really the original poster), so following up

just made an inference.

sorry sha if i sounded rude.

PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ keep them coming
Re: Which Is Your Best Nigerian Novel? by IbrahimB: 11:04pm On Jun 06, 2010
Thought you wanted Nigerian novels? undecided
Re: Which Is Your Best Nigerian Novel? by agoro2u: 8:42am On Jun 07, 2010
When are we going to have nigerian novel in prc format? I need gods are not to blame & the magical pot in prc format or the links wil be appreciated
Re: Which Is Your Best Nigerian Novel? by omoigho: 7:57am On Dec 30, 2011
Wao. There are so many books to pick from starting from the children series in high primary and second school(Eze goes to school, Without a silver spoon, Akin the drummer boy, Second Chance etc. To contemporary ones like Arrow of God, The interpreter, And the man dead, Things fall apart, The Concubine, Our Husband have gone mad again, All the Pacesetters Series were lovely. I love the books by MEE( Mee Mofe Daminjo) particular the one love story she wrote regarding Sickle Cell Awareness. We sure did not some great writers.

Does any one have and idea about the title of a novel enter around a guy named Ola and a girl named Oni ( wherein n the guy is from a rich room and the girl is from AJ city. Met in the office elevator, she not knowing he is the boss's son and she a mere clerk. He couldn't get his mind of her etc. That one classic Nigeria Harlequin" romance. Who knows the author and title

Any question where can one get an e-edition of these classic books. I have checked on amazon but only a few can be bought.
Re: Which Is Your Best Nigerian Novel? by ImperialMcHael(m): 9:49am On Dec 30, 2011
34. or prob 35. The New Man - Femi Ademiluyi

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Best Nigerian Novel? by Oluchi007(f): 2:12pm On Dec 30, 2011
The Last Duty - Isidore Okpevwo
The Concubine - Elechi Amadi
The Joys of Motherhood - Buchi Emecheta

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Your Best Nigerian Novel? by vb0mb(m): 7:33pm On Dec 31, 2011
36 Anthills of the Savannah
Re: Which Is Your Best Nigerian Novel? by bolakale30(m): 10:13am On Jan 10, 2012
36. Anthills of the savannah-Chinua Achebe
37 purple Hibiscus- Chimamanda Adichie(i cried while reading this
38. The last duty-Isidore Okpekwho (my favourite novel on d Nigerian civil war)

P.S Is there anyone who can help me get d yoruba classic "ogboju ode nigbo irumole"
Re: Which Is Your Best Nigerian Novel? by olashas(f): 7:11pm On Jan 15, 2012
A Man of the People. Chinua Achebe smiley
Re: Which Is Your Best Nigerian Novel? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 15, 2012
1)The palm wine tapper, (Forgotten the author),, 2)Things fall apart , Achebe 3)One week one trouble, (Forgotten the author), 4)Chief ,the honourable minister,
Re: Which Is Your Best Nigerian Novel? by Impulse80(m): 11:27am On Jan 16, 2012
Arrow of God(i felt Ezulu's pain), No longer at ease, anthills of the savannah, (all by Chinua Achebe), Our choice is clear(author forgotten), lion and the jewel(Wole Soyinka) i could go on and on,
Re: Which Is Your Best Nigerian Novel? by zsch: 10:47pm On Jan 17, 2012
39. Odenigbo- chinua Achebe (its been a while, i'm not positive i got the Author right but the book ws so good that after over a decade, i can still remember reading it)
also saw a blogger's reading history on http://cyphersdot..com/2012/01/books-n-me.html
its actually real funny. Love the humour
Re: Which Is Your Best Nigerian Novel? by Youngsage: 1:37pm On Jan 21, 2012
The new man by femi ademiluyi, an africa nights entertainment, and boy slave kola onadipo are my top choices 4 now! grin
Re: Which Is Your Best Nigerian Novel? by tspbook: 12:55pm On Jan 24, 2012
though a new novel, the small print by abimbola dare

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-853067.0.html

Re: Which Is Your Best Nigerian Novel? by favouredjb(f): 10:56am On Jan 30, 2012
1-bottled leopard-chukwuemeka ike

2-the man from sagamu-buchi emecheta

3-time changes yesterday-nyengi koin

4,without a silverspoon-eddie iroh

5ogboju ode ninu igbo irumole-do fagunwa

6-agba lowo meri baale jontolo-cant rem the author

7-sangba fo -

8-the passport of mallam ilia--still cant rem the author

9-the birthday party

10--all pacestter series

11-lion and the jewel-wole soyinka

death and the king's horseman--^^

13-one man one matchet

14-this is our chance

15-the gods are not to blame

16-the concubine-elechi amadi

17-jagua nana-cyprian ekwensi

18--one 'NUGA' book like that that i read in high school

19-efuru-flora nwapa

20-

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Maga No Need Pay / Blood And Thunder (Dawn Of Justice) / Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.