Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,102 members, 7,957,113 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:21 AM

On Board Or Bios Password. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / On Board Or Bios Password. (1010 Views)

Laptop Bios Password / Are You Locked Out Of Your Pc Due To Bios Password, Drop Problem Here!!! / Help To Reset BIOS/CMOS Password On Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Board Or Bios Password. by Nazacent: 7:33pm On Jan 07, 2016
Pls I need urgent help on how to remove an on board or bios passord from hp desktop. Tanx

Re: On Board Or Bios Password. by Dahiruhash(m): 10:36pm On Jan 07, 2016
This is simple just call me on 08165878679 ur problem is solved
Re: On Board Or Bios Password. by Nazacent: 11:31pm On Jan 07, 2016
Dahiruhash:
This is simple just call me on 08165878679 ur problem is solved
pls if its somtin u can xplain pls do, wot I don't know is if its really a bios password
Re: On Board Or Bios Password. by shawlxAk(m): 5:24pm On Jan 08, 2016
This is not a BIOS password issue. The HDD is encrypted. You do need to enter the password to login, and then disable the feature in HP security manager or something like that.

Nazacent:
Pls I need urgent help on how to remove an on board or bios passord from hp desktop. Tanx
Re: On Board Or Bios Password. by Nazacent: 6:31pm On Jan 08, 2016
shawlxAk:

This is not a BIOS password issue. The HDD is encrypted. You do need to enter the password to login, and then disable the feature in HP security manager or something like that.

in a case whereby d password is forgotten what do I do?
Re: On Board Or Bios Password. by shawlxAk(m): 6:44pm On Jan 08, 2016
Use the recovery file that was created when the encryption was done. If you don't have that either, you're out of luck. Reformat the computer.

Nazacent:
in a case whereby d password is forgotten what do I do?
Re: On Board Or Bios Password. by Nazacent: 7:08pm On Jan 08, 2016
shawlxAk:
Use the recovery file that was created when the encryption was done. If you don't have that either, you're out of luck. Reformat the computer.

yh I tried formatting with an original Os bt it still refers me back to d encryption after clicking on f9
Re: On Board Or Bios Password. by shawlxAk(m): 8:29pm On Jan 08, 2016
Try detaching the HDD, and connect it to another computer. You should be able to format it from there.

Nazacent:
yh I tried formatting with an original Os bt it still refers me back to d encryption after clicking on f9
Re: On Board Or Bios Password. by Nazacent: 9:20pm On Jan 08, 2016
shawlxAk:
Try detaching the HDD, and connect it to another computer. You should be able to format it from there.

ok bro! But one more tin pls, will d HDD be the same with that of a laptop stata HDD cus its a desktop all in one.
Re: On Board Or Bios Password. by shawlxAk(m): 4:04pm On Jan 09, 2016
The only way to verify that, is to actually open up the system. In any case, you can always connect the HDD to another desktop PC.

Nazacent:
ok bro! But one more tin pls, will d HDD be the same with that of a laptop stata HDD cus its a desktop all in one.

(1) (Reply)

Browsing With Glo Bis On Pc / Neat Fairly Used Laptop(s) Needed. / Apple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.