Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,758 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Grandmother Gives Birth To Granddaughter For Her Daughter Through Surrogacy: - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Grandmother Gives Birth To Granddaughter For Her Daughter Through Surrogacy: (771 Views)

Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? / 61-year-old RCCG Member Gives Birth To Triplets(photos) / Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grandmother Gives Birth To Granddaughter For Her Daughter Through Surrogacy: by kihemeje96(f): 6:18am On Jan 08, 2016
Tracey Thompson has just given birth to her granddaughter Kelcy through a carefully planned surrogacy. After years of failed attempts to conceive, Kelley McKissack sought help from her mother who agreed to help her carry her baby through surrogacy. According to Kelley, she and her husband moved over to infertility treatments, IUIs and IVFs which did turn in to pregnancies but all turned into miscarriages. After numerous tests they decided to try an unconventional option, but they say the idea to enlist her mother's help came a few years back.
"When she was a teenager she said mom, and why I don't know, she said if I can't carry my own baby would you carry it for me? Of course I would not dreaming that I would actually be doing it," said Thompson.
Kelley's mom carried baby after which she had an emergency C-section on Wednesday. They credited the staff at the Medical Center of Plano for the successful birth.
"No one could give someone a greater gift," said McKissack of her mother.
Dr. Joseph Levano, OB/GYN at the Medical Center of Plano said, "We all know how much goes in to being a mom and to do it one generation is enough and to come back and do it a generation later it takes a mountain of a woman and I think that's what Tracey is."
"What we want to get our there is that surrogacy is a possibility for people and don't be afraid of it," Dr. Thompson added.
http://www.news-world-update.com/2016/01/grandmother-gives-birth-to.html

Re: Grandmother Gives Birth To Granddaughter For Her Daughter Through Surrogacy: by brunofarad(m): 6:23am On Jan 08, 2016
Things are happening
Re: Grandmother Gives Birth To Granddaughter For Her Daughter Through Surrogacy: by Florblu(f): 6:29am On Jan 08, 2016
Wetin person no go hear for this world
Re: Grandmother Gives Birth To Granddaughter For Her Daughter Through Surrogacy: by Nobody: 6:31am On Jan 08, 2016
Twist twist twisted
Re: Grandmother Gives Birth To Granddaughter For Her Daughter Through Surrogacy: by Ayt27(m): 6:58am On Jan 08, 2016
The concept of surrogacy isn't new, the weirdness just comes from the fact that it's was carried out by her mother

(1) (Reply)

You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This!! / Breaking!!! Nurses In UCH Just Went On Strike Cos SSS Beat Up A Nurse. / You Must Know These Easy Steps To Grow Your Hair Overnight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.