Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Woman Live-blogs Her Rap.e (PIX) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Live-blogs Her Rap.e (PIX) (1689 Views)

Linda Nkechi Igwetu: Garki Hospital Speaks On Corper. Threatens To Sue Blogs / Nothing Good Can Come Out Of These Blogs / His D¡ck Was Small & Wasn’t Worth Pressing Charges – Twitter User Shares Her Rap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Live-blogs Her Rap.e (PIX) by olapluto(m): 12:04pm On Jan 08, 2016
A feminist campaigner who claims she was raped by a man in a shower in South Africa chose to "live-blog" her traumatic experience "to give other victims the courage to speak out".

Amber Amour, who is from New York, wrote a series of harrowing posts on Instagram following the alleged attack in the bathroom of a youth hostel.
The 27-year-old uploaded a photograph of herself still sitting on the bathroom floor with tears streaming down her face, alongside a graphic and disturbing description of events.

After agreeing to take a shower with a man, she says, because she'd spent two days being sick and "just really wanted a hot shower", he "forced me to my knees".

"I said "stop!" but he just got more violent"," she wrote. "I asked him to stop, again, as I began to cry."

She claims he raped her and she "passed out" - only to come round several minutes later, at which point he noticed she was awake and "came back to finish me off in the shower".

After the ordeal, Ms Amour, who was in South Africa to promote her "Stop Rape. Educate" campaign, describes her feelings of "shame, disgust, suffering". She also relates the feelings of helplessness that can be experienced by rape victims.

"I'm here, alone, and any DNA has been wiped away in the shower. The South African police will just roll their eyes when I walk in. Feel sicker than ever now."

She posted two further pictures - including one of her at hospital with a "rape kit" in front of her knees.

And while she acknowledges how gruelling it can be, she encourages other victims to speak out as she has.

"Dealing with cops is tough and the rape kit is the last thing I want - tools and metal instruments and combs all up in my private parts...But this is what I stand for.

"I tell you guys to speak up every single day and I know that I need to practice what I preach."

She finishes with a message: "No matter what a person does, it is not an invitation for rape.

"It doesn't matter if I kissed him. It doesn't matter if he was drunk. It doesn't matter if I said yes to a shower.

"I never said he could get violent with me. I never said he could make me bleed. I never said he could rape me."

She later spoke to Marie Claire about her decision to 'blog' about the alleged assault in real time.

"I immediately knew that I couldn't keep what had happened a secret. So the first thing I did was take a picture and write a post, describing what had happened.

"It was almost an intuitive thing. I was still in the bathroom - in the crime scene. I don't even think I'd stood up. I just typed and typed."

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/amber-amour-woman-live-blogged-her-rape-on-instagram-a6800141.html

1 Share

Re: Woman Live-blogs Her Rap.e (PIX) by olapluto(m): 12:06pm On Jan 08, 2016
In summary...
1. Amber Amour is a 'feminist activist'.
2. She has a program called 'Stop Rape. Educate'.
3. She visited South Africa to educate
4. She met a man who pestered her for sex, but she refused.
5. She later fell ill and wanted a 'warm shower', so she went to the man's house.
6. She kissed him and got in a shower with him.
7. He raped her in the shower and she live blogged it immediately after. ......

Is this rape??

cc Mynd44
Re: Woman Live-blogs Her Rap.e (PIX) by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 08, 2016
And that armpit ehhhh.
Re: Woman Live-blogs Her Rap.e (PIX) by KELVINXY: 12:19pm On Jan 08, 2016
all these attention seekers undecided

she want a hot shower ko.!
so all thru her stay in SA she couldn't get a female friend undecided

I find this testimony had to believe,
I think it's all a propaganda.

u know the way the world works now: for u to get the attention of the audience u have to present urself as a victim of same vice. undecided
very typical lipsrsealed
Re: Woman Live-blogs Her Rap.e (PIX) by 2odd(m): 9:49pm On Jan 08, 2016
lalasticlala ,ijebabe, r231 , abeg put this for front page and let Nigerians yap this blackmailer
Re: Woman Live-blogs Her Rap.e (PIX) by brunofarad(m): 5:09pm On Jan 10, 2016
undecided
Re: Woman Live-blogs Her Rap.e (PIX) by okenwa(m): 5:47pm On Jan 10, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Zambian Woman Allegedly Shot Her Hubby Dead Because Of A Love Child (photos) / Photos: This Lady Was Found Wandering On 3rd Mainland Bridge Yesterday / Ritualists' Den Uncovered In Obadeyi Ajala Area Of Lagos [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.